TNA Victory Road

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members

It was a difficult situation. Hindsight and having an outside view on the situation is a wonderful thing. None of us were there working the show backstage. It's easy for us to say things like, "Well, Jeff couldn't have possibly hidden his intoxication until stepping through the curtain" and "They should have just got RVD and/or Mr Anderson in and had a decent match" but the show was live. It wasn't going to hold Eric Bischoff running out to the ring, telling the crowd he had changed the match, then running backstage to tell Anderson, "Dude, Jeff's fucked off his face and we need a main event, can you fill?" and then running back to the ring to tell Sting, "Yo, Steve. You're going to wrestle Anderson now. Powder Jeff and then take it 10 minutes or so."

TNA aren't saints, but it was damage limitation. May not have been the best decision, but it was probably the best option they had at that exact moment in time.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY guess: Bischoff announces on Impact that Jeff was embarrassed and has gone home to reflect on his career. He goes jail and vanishes from tv for 8 months. Or he doesn't go jail, and appears on TV in 1 months time. Just long enough for this to all blow over.

Also, apparently, Sting has a new belt now. So with no Hardy title, I suspect he wont be trying to win it back soon.

Is Val still on the TNA payroll? If not, why not? TNA needs people who actually know what the fuck is going on.

Yeah TNA needs to fire the guy who could have potentially injured 1 person in the ring if they worked a proper match and re-hire a guy who could've killed 100's because he was paying more attention to his camera while driving. Actually I sense TNA's next storyline.

The car wasnt moving he was stationary while that was filmed, assuming you mean the clip on the other page of course..

I meant Sting thought the WWE was vulgar then TNA do this I bet he wishes he retired with dignity with WWE & also Sting is very religious so someone takeing drugs or being wasted when they are just about to wrestle him is probably very offensive to a guy like Sting, I bet CM Punk is laughing right now I wonder if he says anything on Raw tonight.

Honestly I say work, all the stuff about Hardy being held down, if I was being pinned and didn't want to be, I'd just slide sideways so my shoulder would be up

Hardy doesn't look that bad and all the Bischoff really obviously talking to them both while holding the mic behind his back says to me that it's an angle, its probably Russo's way of slagging off the wellness policy, "our boys turn up fucked and still have a match, even if its only 90 seconds"

The other thing is Sting saying I agree, if he's that much of a pro why would he basically slag the company off on the way out?

Unless of course you weren't expecting it.

Jeff probably went for a "standard" kick out (if there is such a thing) and then by the time he tried that and realised Sting was "shooting" the pin, he was already pinned for two seconds and by then it was way to late to go:

"Mmmm.... Mr. Sting is shooting on me. How the dickens should I escape this rather unfortunate predicament. Perhaps if I were to slide sideways I might be able to regain my composure."

Nah. Seems to me Jeff Hardy didn't realise what was going on until it was way too late.

Personally I think its a shoot, and IMO can't imagine why ANYONE would think it's a work. Very unfortunate situation and think the writing team need to go back to the drawing board and start building up again. TNA in the last few months (after a promising start) have lost a lot of focus and its a real shame.

The really strange thing in all of this, why was this not ironed out backstage? Surely Sting and Hardy would have had to have talked backstage before hand with both each other and the person who laid out the match? Could Hardy's condition not have been noticed at this time? It was the Main Event after all. Hardy is not totally to blame here, the lack of communication and organisation from TNA management is in serious question also.

Fuck knows what Bisch is telling them, but after the throwing the t shirt shit, Sting tries to work with Hardy and tries a kick and a couple of shots, Stings just had enough, and pulls Hardys hair to the point where Hardy shouts in pain, before ragging him into position for the Scorpion Death Drop. I'm assuming at that point the Stingers realized Hardy is beyond fucked and just ends it and then just stares daggers at him.

This!

That's one fucked up, match cant wait til Wednesday as that will be car crash TV

With Russo swerves being mentioned, what if Sting was the one fucked, hence the wired look and Hardy stalling for time. Wouldn't everyone lol for that, not

I'd legit LOL (yep I went there) if Hardy purposely did this to get sacked and turned up at Wrestlemania.

With Hardy in the situation he's in at the moment with these court cases and what not I'd imagine WWE don't want him anywhere near them at this current moment, nevermind turning up at their biggest event of the year. Wouldn't be surprised if TNA gave him an ultimatum or even washed their hands of him now.

Archived