pimp me some good tv

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i sometimes forget that ive got 10,000 channels at my disposal and only this week have been trying to scour around to try and find some hidden gems lurking in the deepest darkest regions of the sky guide.

pretty much thought id set a thread up for people to give a lil heads up for shit they might see on the planners...now obviously people are gonna put films they enjoy and stuff like that, so i lets try and keep the stuff a little more remote, keep it to good documentaries, perhaps a sporting event that aint too mainstream, random stuff like that...you get me?

basically, i aint long had sky+ for the first time and i wanna use the bitch!

• Paid Members

Sky atlantic is mint. Has loads of shows on their that are well worth watching. There is always stuff to watch on the Crime channels 553 around there. I always series link a good series. Like couples who kill or something like that. It's great when there is fuck all on and you want something decent to watch. They take up fuck all space as well so can stay on there without annyoing you.

• Paid Members
I know you are boxing fan Ebb and probably watch it anyway but Ringside has been one of the best programmes on SKY Sports over the last few months, every week they seem to top the previous episode with the content.

yeh i recommend it...you seen this week's De La Hoya special? it was decent enough, like a little shoot interview :)

Sky Atlantic is a great channel, shame its going subscription after 6 months. Loving Boardwalk Empire and Blue Bloods and Big Love, still not got round to watching Treme.

If you want to something totally fucked, check out Bridalplasty (Sky Living, tues 10pm). Best way to some it up- Ultimate Fighter with added plastic surgery. Basically, 10 brides in a house and they complete challenges with the winner getting a surgical procedure from their 'wishlist', the 3 bottom brides are up for elimination with the others picking who stays.

Week one had the most fucked up line Ive ever heard on TV. The challenge was to complete a slide-puzzle and when you finished, you grabbed a suringe (spelling?) from the table and joined the 'cologen party' in the other room. As it whiltlled down to the final few, the host (who Id never heard of but is apparently Travis Barker's ex-wife) proclaimed wildly "hurry up brides, there are only two suringes left!". Kind of like Liam Neesen in Taken, completley stupid but strangely entertaining

• Awards Moderator
I know you are boxing fan Ebb and probably watch it anyway but Ringside has been one of the best programmes on SKY Sports over the last few months, every week they seem to top the previous episode with the content.

yeh i recommend it...you seen this week's De La Hoya special? it was decent enough, like a little shoot interview :)

In addition to that ebb, if you have ESPN Classic there have been some brilliant documentaries on over the last few weeks (keep an eye out for the 30 for 30 series - some are about Boxing, but there have been some other really interesting ones ranging across a load of other sports). There have also been plenty of specials about Tyson and Ali and a load from the Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran era.

The walking dead, at last someone has made a TV series about a zombie apocolypse!

Just a shame it ended up being a bit shit.

Round about episode two, I thought...

Still the best Zombie based TV series i've ever seen

Dead Set was better, though not a full series so mightn't count. Walking Dead needn't be shit, but it is. Or the first series was, anyway. Second might be better.

• Paid Members
The walking dead, at last someone has made a TV series about a zombie apocolypse!

Just a shame it ended up being a bit shit.

Round about episode two, I thought...

Still the best Zombie based TV series i've ever seen

I can only think of Dead Set and Walking Dead. Dead Set was better. What others are there?

Archived