Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 28/2

Super Cena

How did The Miz's phone get inside the cage?. I missed that.

He threw it in for Riley to smack Cena on the head with it.

At the time I thought it was daft - how would a phone hurt? So I biffed my phone off my head to check. Turns out it does hurt.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did The Miz's phone get inside the cage?. I missed that.

He threw it in for Riley to smack Cena on the head with it.

At the time I thought it was daft - how would a phone hurt? So I biffed my phone off my head to check. Turns out it does hurt.

Is this something to do with why we rarely see WWE promoting barbed wire matches?

Well of course all the talk is about The Rock. He really stole the show for me, other than The Miz's progression in a heavy way last night. He earned his stripes on Raw which put him back in the frame quite considerably I thought.

Couple of things really. The opening segment with Triple H. I really felt the place was very flat in fact. He looked slightly chubby for my liking. I'm a little surprised for whatever reason to see Trips looking like HE felt the flat crowd on entrance?? He said a whole lot which doesn't get my interest whatsoever. I'm curious to see them at Mania, but I dunno, I just don't feel it, and I think Hunter knows that too. We'll see the response from Taker on SD this week.

The Cena/Miz/Riley segment was just plain rubbish. It was as if they didn't have a clear plan to where they wanted to get by the end. I can't take John Cena serious anymore cause I'm more sicker of him too! His Rap last Monday was a defining moment for what we've seen recently from him. This whole timeing seems terrible now The Rock is on the scene for WM. The Miz did his absolute best with what he was given from scripting. He did his character no harm in advancing himself to buy into this match coming up. As some people of a similar opinion, I believe as much as a goof a lot of people have given to Mizanin, he's defied the odds much further than most of the roster right now in his current position. He bloody got there on his effort alone. His mike experience and ring time, and against the opponents mentioned above, then he's done an incredible job.

The Rock promo, as bloody brilliant as he displayed, the lack of fizz for the rest of the show was the only thing which saved this poor show this week.

PS:

Memo to Mr McMahon

Eve is absolutley dreadful in the ring and behind a mike!!

• Paid Members

A flat Raw compared with last week.

The Cena/Miz/Riley segment was one of the worst things they've done in years. It made me dislike all three in a 'channel changing' way. The comedy was worse than usual and the serious stuff suffered inbetween all the shit jokes (UR GAY LOLZ). Yuck! It made Miz/Cena look third rate next to The Rock.

On The Rock; His promo was again fantastic but I agree the satellite deal made it less special and heel-ish. Still give me this over the other crap. The Rock looks even more ripped.

The Cole/Lawler feud is the best feud leading to 'Mania. Both men are great and I hope they do Michael Cole/Jack Swagger training videos, has great potential. Heel Jim Ross for Special ref (maybe even turning on Cole at the end)?

Triple Hs promo was good until he decided to bury the roster. He's an odd fella. Glad the did what they did with Sheamus, the guy is turning into Ted DiBiase Jr.

The Cole/Lawler feud is the best feud leading to 'Mania. Both men are great and I hope they do Michael Cole/Jack Swagger training videos, has great potential. Heel Jim Ross for Special ref (maybe even turning on Cole at the end)?

The Swagger/Cole training videos sound great, but why would JR be heel? The last time he was on our screens, he was slapping Michael Cole around the face.

• Paid Members

The Swagger/Cole training videos sound great, but why would JR be heel? The last time he was on our screens, he was slapping Michael Cole around the face.

Look at the shite they did with the Harts. It's just a guess, Alex Riley is going back to FCW (Meltz).

• Paid Members

That Cena/Miz/Riley segment was absolutely awful. Cena's programs rarely have any real intensity or aggression behind them anymore. The simplest question you can ask to find out if there is any interest in this match is, why should we want to see Cena wrestle The Miz? And there isn't a reason whatsoever. They haven't gave us a single reason to care when Cena fails to ever take anything seriously. This feud is completely dead.

Rock/Cena on the other hand is as different as day and night. They are doing a magnificent job building up a match which won't ever take place. I'm sure they are doing all the work on this now in the hope of getting The Rock to agree to have the match next year at Mania, but I don't imagine they'll be able to convince him.

• Paid Members

OK, whos crown did Sheamus shit in? Not that beating him in such a weak position does anything for Bourne anyway, just made him look a cheap shot artist and his facial expressions made me want Trips to come back out and smash him too.

And speaking of shit, I think it's ludicrous that Cena's character was scripted to take the mick out of A-Ri's joke after some of the tosh he was spewing. After a strong promo last week, his OCD stuff completely lost me.

And speaking of A-Ri, I can't believe they appear to have dropped him. He was a great part of the overall Miz package. Call me crazy but having a sycophantic lackey underscored Miz as being kind of a big deal.

And speaking of Miz, I was really disappointed when Thwagger came out during the Cole / Lawler confrontation. I was expecting Miz & Riley to fill the trainer / ref slots for Mania.

Finally, on the subject of Mania, kudos for WWE for actually making me incredibly excited about the possibility of Rock/Cena. Unfortunately, that's not the match they are promoting.

And speaking of A-Ri, I can't believe they appear to have dropped him. He was a great part of the overall Miz package. Call me crazy but having a sycophantic lackey underscored Miz as being kind of a big deal.

100%

Quite a boring one this week, for me it was mostly due to lack of Punk time, Mike Mcgulicutty having a match, Orton being shit, watching and an arena watching a Rock promo on a screen. The only decent bit was Jack Swagger coming out as Cole's trainer. I really hope that Cole becomes Swagger's manager, it could do wonders for Swagger in the way that Vickie helped Dolph. Overall, a step down from previous weeks which could have been fixed by Rock being at the arena and Sheamus and Bryan being used more constructively.

• Paid Members

Once again Raw this week gets loads of criticism, and once again I can't understand some of the overwhelmingly negative reports I've read. Most of the show was top drawer for me bar one or two bits. Miz, Triple H, The Rock and Cole/King being the main highlights.

HHH's opening promo was one of his best of the last few years. I was pumped enough for the match with Undertaker when it came about last week, but HHH's words afterwards made it all seem like he's the absolutely perfect choice to go after Taker's streak this time around. Undertaker is the one guy who has outlasted HHH as a regular WWE performer since he came into the business. Undertaker has nothing left to prove in terms of titles or prizes except for maintaining the legendary streak. Triple H has done it all, won even more titles than Undertaker in a slightly shorter timespan and even he doesn't have many challenges left, save for another crack at 'Taker's streak. It genuinely makes sense for Triple H and Undertaker to lock horns ten years after their last Wrestlemania battle. I'm sex weeing at the very prospect of seeing the potential greatness live.

Rock's promo? Absolute win. Genuine passion, genuinely hilarious and at times pretty fucking intense. He is, in short, the fucking man. In a way I could understand the crowd being slightly dissapointed that he wasn't there live, but fuck Buffalo, they don't deserve such a god-like figure gracing them in person. Plus as has already been mentioned, holding off the inevitable face-off will make it all the more brilliant when it does happen. Superb stuff. Can't see Dwayne.

Cole/King continues to be one of the most entertaining aspects of the entire company. Cole is a sensation on the stick for me! Sounds a bit over the top, but I find him genuinely detestable and dislikeable. The heat towards him is now reaching Vickie Guerrero levels. Putting Swagger with Cole is actually a genius move and I think Swagger will really benefit from having Cole as his mouthpiece. I smell a JR interference at Wrestlemania to give King the W.

Miz was awesome, no pun intended. Tweeting from the announce desk? Stunning. His earlier promo and the rest of his involvement in the show were tremendous to watch. Fuck the doubters, I'm salivating at a Cena/Miz Wrestlemania main event. Rock and Cena get talked about a fair bit, and so it should be, but Miz is getting more and more involved and building up his profile each week. Last week he ran the show in the main event, and this week he's literally taking over the show and trying to hog most of the spotlight.

Bad points, Cena's fucking wretched doctors note stuff and the divas nonsense. Otherwise, I liked everything else. Sheamus took quite the pasting, but then from a character perspective fully deserved after what he did to HHH. The returning Evan Bourne getting revenge on him also worked quite well. Sheamus has a bright career ahead of him and it won't be long before he's back in the WWE title running, I still really rate him. Ditto Daniel Bryan, who to be fair loses no face at all being attacked from behind. Actually, Sheamus shouldn't lose too much face, seeing as he was punted in the nuts almost immediately after coming through the ropes. I dug the pedigree through the table.

Overall, more goodness on the road to Wrestlemania. I genuinely think WWE is putting out some of its best TV in years and by quite a considerable distance.

watched Raw - was average and very little ring time

I agree,Sheamus buried

Got to admit, The Miz has really grown on me as champion and hope Cena puts him over.

Miz trys and Cena sucks. The joke with Alex Rilley eating loo roll.come on

Divas match - who cares

lawyer and cole have a nice feud for mania.ref? Vickie...

HHH Buries roster again

orton to take out all nexus before mania

mitb this year? i dont think so

only really 3 matches left to name

divas,corre v big show/partner plus rey v cody

they may do mitb as kofi,morrison,bryan off card

Archived