Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 28/2

Super Cena

Something's got to give; it hadn't really dawned on me until I was talking to a mate in the pub yesterday about this year's Wrestlemania.

If it's Miz versus Cena one-on-one, who's going to be cheered? Cena gets booed out of the building at each 'Mania, and why will it be any different this year? Miz, the 'true' heel, is no doubt going to be booed. Stick Rocky in the background in some capacity (guest ref/enforcer or whatever) and he's going to completely overshadow Miz and Cena.

Leave Rock out of the match and the title match main event of the biggest show of the year will just be a chorus of boos.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its too late for any of that, although I would agree with The Miz vs JoMo in a who is the Marty Jannetty match up.

I dont even know exactly what The Rock is going to do at WM, they need to make it more clear, or people will be expecting a Rock/Cena match at this rate, casual fans that is.

Maybe all that gets sorted tonight.

• Paid Members
Its too late for any of that, although I would agree with The Miz vs JoMo in a who is the Marty Jannetty match up.

I dont even know exactly what The Rock is going to do at WM, they need to make it more clear, or people will be expecting a Rock/Cena match at this rate, casual fans that is.

Maybe all that gets sorted tonight.

They want the casual fan to think Cena and The Rock will be facing each other in some kind of way so they buy the ppv thats there whole point.

Good point Fizzer on the booing. Cena is likely to get booed Miz is going to get booed. But i suppose this has happened before with Orton vs Cena so they can get around it.

Maybe stick all the women and kids at the front :confused:

I don't see how you could get to another match for Miz at this point. Say Rock rang Vince McMahon today and said he wants to face Cena at WrestleMania, how I'd do it is a fake injury storyline for Miz. He has to vacate the title. Either Cena is awarded it on Raw and Rock interrupts that and challenges him, or Cena vs Rock is made for the title at WrestleMania. Miz would just do a bitter promo on the PPV.

It wouldn't have to be for a title. You could have The Rock run Cena down like fuck and then lay down a challenge. Rock would have to lay it on so thick that Cena gives up his shot for a one-time crack at The Rock. I'd have Cena choose who takes his title shot and choose Morrison.

Yeh, I Think if Cena/Rock is booked well, it'd be cracking for Cena, and perhaps get people off his back.

Have the vocals continue, and then Cena snaps, and says something like "I'm here, week in week out, and I do my best for these fans, and he get's cheered all over, and I'm booed out the building.. etc etc etc... Feck it, ME AND YOU ROCK, and If I have to wait for my shot at Miz, so be it, because, -Raps a bit about needing to boot shit out of rock-."

Miz comes down, applauds Cena, and say's batter in.

GM chimes in, and say's in the absence of a MITB match, How about Miz puts the title on the line in the match type that brought him the success it had. And have a multi person match for the WWE title. Allowing Cena's big moment, Focus on Taker HHH, and Makes Del Rio's win higher up the card seem even more credible.

• Paid Members

I honestly believe at this moment in time, WWE are treating this and looking to build toward Cena - Rock for next years Wrestlemania in Miami, which i think is wise and could be incredible. And the idea that they may be making plans a year in advance again excites the pants off me. I'd imagine they'd need to sign Rock to an agreement way in advance for such a thing to take place and to agree to a certain number of appearances in the meantime. Rocks comments and Summerslam in L.A, Wrestlemania in Miami sounds rather apt.

I 100% disagree that Miz, Cena and Rock should have big verbal exchanges in the ring together tonight. That's blowing your load far too early. That needs to happen on the go-home show, in the final segment. And should end with Miz laying both Cena and Rock out and standing tall as the show ends. Then at Wrestlemania Cena goes over with the match going on last with some sort of assist from The Rock or The Rock acting as enforcer/special ref and ends with Rock handing Cena the belt but with a look, staredown, intense handshake between the two making it clear they have an issue to settle somewhere down the line.

I don't see how you could get to another match for Miz at this point. Say Rock rang Vince McMahon today and said he wants to face Cena at WrestleMania, how I'd do it is a fake injury storyline for Miz. He has to vacate the title. Either Cena is awarded it on Raw and Rock interrupts that and challenges him, or Cena vs Rock is made for the title at WrestleMania. Miz would just do a bitter promo on the PPV.

It wouldn't have to be for a title. You could have The Rock run Cena down like fuck and then lay down a challenge. Rock would have to lay it on so thick that Cena gives up his shot for a one-time crack at The Rock.

You could have him just sack off his title shot, but then you might as well just do a promo video consisting of a static "L.O.L" next year during the title-shot-at-WrestleMania hype promos for the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber.

I'd have Cena choose who takes his title shot and choose Morrison.

I don't think that does much for the characters of Miz or Morrison or the importance of the WWE title. "Alright, I'm here because I'm John Cena's mate, fighting the WWE Champion that he couldn't be arsed with." If WWE really did just have Cena do that, there'd be shitloads of LOLTITLEZMEANNOTHINGTHEZEDAYZVINCEISTHEDEVILNALSOTHEWRITERZSUX posts on the Internet. Which is essentially meaningless in terms of actual fan response, but still. There is no decent way out, even by our own standards. Even in the Miz injury one that I proposed, there'd be outcries about holding down the young talent and whatnot.

No matter anyone's feelings on Cena vs Miz, it pales in comparison to Cena vs Rock, which is what they're really promoting.

How are they promoting it?

Have a watch of Raw or Smackdown sometime and you'll see (I assume you don't watch them, as if you do, that's a silly question). Replays of The Rock's promo about John Cena and John Cena's promo about The Rock were the main event of Smackdown's first hour the last two weeks.

There's no reason why they couldn't still have Miz as an onscreen character and a massive thorn in Cena's side if they went down the Rock/Cena route. They could tease a Rock/Miz alliance, or just have Miz be a dick to both in order to keep himself over enough for the inevitable post-Mania rivalry with Cena once Rock goes back to Hollywood.

What would he do at WrestleMania? As WWE champion, he can't just commentate. If it's Rock vs Cena at WrestleMania, Miz either has to lose the title or fuck off away from the bigger boys and get into a midcard WWE title feud. Which, this close to WrestleMania, would just be absurd.

They had that match at Survivor Series 2009.

• Paid Members

It wouldn't have to be for a title. You could have The Rock run Cena down like fuck and then lay down a challenge. Rock would have to lay it on so thick that Cena gives up his shot for a one-time crack at The Rock.

You could have him just sack off his title shot, but then you might as well just do a promo video consisting of a static "L.O.L" next year during the title-shot-at-WrestleMania hype promos for the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber.

Come off it. Cena has already done the Rumble and WM title shot before. If they can get it over as meaningful a third or fourth time, they could recover it from this. It's not rocket science. There isn't much in wrestling that should ever be positioned above a title shot at WrestleMania but this is definitely one of them. As it happens, I think it's academic because there is no way Rock is getting in the ring. They could sell it easily though.

I'd have Cena choose who takes his title shot and choose Morrison.

I don't think that does much for the characters of Miz or Morrison or the importance of the WWE title. "Alright, I'm here because I'm John Cena's mate, fighting the WWE Champion that he couldn't be arsed with." If WWE really did just have Cena do that, there'd be shitloads of LOLTITLEZMEANNOTHINGTHEZEDAYZVINCEISTHEDEVILNALSOTHEWRITERZSUX posts on the Internet. Which is essentially meaningless in terms of actual fan response, but still. There is no decent way out, even by our own standards. Even in the Miz injury one that I proposed, there'd be outcries about holding down the young talent and whatnot.

Nah, I think you're wrong. As long as it was "tearing John Cena apart", it wouldn't hurt anyone. If Cena sold JoMo as being the most deserving guy on the roster and The Miz sold the announcement like Triple H sold Cactus Jack in 2000, you'd have a worthy match on your hands. *BING BONG* General Manager says Cage Match, Riley banned from ringside and Michael Cole fired if he gets involved. That's a cracking semi-main right there.

No matter anyone's feelings on Cena vs Miz, it pales in comparison to Cena vs Rock, which is what they're really promoting.

How are they promoting it?

Have a watch of Raw or Smackdown sometime and you'll see (I assume you don't watch them, as if you do, that's a silly question). Replays of The Rock's promo about John Cena and John Cena's promo about The Rock were the main event of Smackdown's first hour the last two weeks.

You're right here though. It's clearly the focus right now.

So Raw tonight, anyone staying up?

Will we see the Last Outlaw (when did this nickname happen?) the Undertaker or Triple H tonight? What about the Rock? Will he be there to respond to Cena, is a possible showdown on the cards?

Excited to see the continuation of the Cole/Lawler fued and hopefully they get started nice and early with the MITB build (if there is one)

also potential HOF Spoiler SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Former WWE and TNA star Road Dogg, aka BG James, has posted the following in his Twitter account: "Look for Bob Armstrong package on Raw tonight. Fifty years in the business." You can check out James' Twitter account

Id love to see a DX reunion where you could have the odds stacked against The Undertaker with HBK as referee & have X-Pac, Road Dogg & Billy Gunn interfere in the match only to have Kane help Undertaker out.

• Paid Members

CnP from the copycat thread :

Id love to see a DX reunion where you could have the odds stacked against The Undertaker with HBK as referee & have X-Pac, Road Dogg & Billy Gunn interfere in the match only to have Kane help Undertaker out.

Yeah, that would be miles better than the two legends having a one on one match for the first time in years, deciding who is the better of the two here and now without any interference or shenanigans.

The Miz is set up going into Wrestlemania with loads of momentum and I really do think he will go over Cena clean.

That's dumber than anything Dillon's ever said. If that happens, I'll be happy for the mods to change my username to "Twat."

• Paid Members
CnP from the copycat thread :

Yeah, that would be miles better than the two legends having a one on one match for the first time in years, deciding who is the better of the two here and now without any interference or shenanigans.

The Miz is set up going into Wrestlemania with loads of momentum and I really do think he will go over Cena clean.

That's dumber than anything Dillon's ever said. If that happens, I'll be happy for the mods to change my username to "Twat."

I see your twat and raise you:

If The Miz doesn't go over clean the mods can re-name me anything they choose if he does your twat

deal?

• Paid Members

The Miz wont beat Cena clean. Thats mental to suggest that. Heels need to go over by cheating like a prick, otherwise Miz will have to turn face because he's such a talented and fair young man. Which the Miz isnt. He's a prick heel who needs a commentator and his best mate around him all the time to tell him he's the man. Miz's character isnt set up to beat the likes of Cena clean, let alone on a night Cena is due to win the belt off him.

Archived