Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 28/2

Super Cena

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it just my stream or were HHH's piped in cheers messing up..?

I don't think they were piped in, I just think the cheers were incredibly short and quiet.

Hmm, not too sure as they cut off suddenly and sounded glitched a tad. I'll download a copy tomorrow and have a proper listen.

What are the odds on WWE pulling a double turn at Mania, like Bret Hart Vs Austin in anticipation of a Rock vs Cena match at Summerslam ?? Cena wins at Mania and then blindsides Rock after (maybe as Rock is offering a handshake to Cena) and Miz makes the save ? Thoughts :)

• Paid Members

I thought it was a decent story heavy show overall. I thought it suffered from The Rock and Cena's stuff being incredibly disappointing.

Trips promo was good. It was too dismissive of the locker room but otherwise hit the right note. The beatdown of Sheamus was well done too. Evan Bourne's return "pop" was embarrassing. Orton/Punk stuff was alright if a bit by the numbers. Nexus continues to die a quick and painless death. Nice of them to shoehorn Jack Swagger into WM for his pay-off. Cole was very good in that segment again.

The Cena promo was just abysmal. Great delivery of embarrassing content AGAIN. Cole's reaction to Riley's gag was good though.

Great moment when Josh read out the GM's email "The anonymous general manager says" and some wag shouts "Cole sucks".

The Rock's promo dragged on too long. In the arena, it would have been wonderful but on the screen, with the shouts of the crowd looking a bit fed up, it went on way too long. Content and delivery was immaculate.

Nice touch to get Riley out of the way I thought. The Miz looked like a superstar on the show, he needs to be in the limelight on his own.

Watched the start of this last night and the crowd was incredibly flat and made me realise how bored of HHH I am, weve not seen him for a year and I still dont care. The promo was incredibly dismissive and bordered on just shitting on the rest of the WM card. The beatdown of Sheamus was a waste, who has Sheamus offended to go from being a dominant, ruthless thug to not getting a punch in on an old man whos not been in a ring for a year?

It annoys me that they still make annoying continuity mistakes too. Like the announcer announcing a returning superstar, just after the GM has announced an impromptu match, it seems Sheamus was the only one unaware he had a match with Bourne after he attempted to confront HHH.

Also, first time ive noticed this, but Lawler never actually looked at the laptop screen. I obviously knew they all read from a written script on the keyboard but he just made it ridiculously obvious whereas Cole and others never have.

Not seen the rest yet, I turned off after the Orton/Punk bit, they both bore me no end.

Thought Raw was really good if I'm honest, Miz needs the Wrestlemania win, it has to be said. I still have no idea whats going on with The Rock/John Cena/The Miz stuff but its damn entertaining and The Miz is incredible no matter what anyone says.

Good to see Bourne return, but poor Sheamus :( DB at least got attacked from behind and destroyed, but Sheamus got kicked in the balls and the Pedigree through the table was rather brutual!

Where was JoMo?

• Paid Members
Also, first time ive noticed this, but Lawler never actually looked at the laptop screen. I obviously knew they all read from a written script on the keyboard but he just made it ridiculously obvious whereas Cole and others never have.

Cole never looks at the screen ever, he makes it very obvious that he's reading from the sheet of paper. Josh matthews was the first person who's ever made it look like he's reading an email.

It doesn't matter anyway because the idiot director has spent months showing that the screen has the same text on it every single week and that there is a bit of paper with the real info on.

Thought Raw was a bit odd in places but good overeall. I liked the HHH promo, gave the match a story and a solid reason for it to be happening, rather than just because it is. Also helped to give a match we've seen before and two wrestlers we've seen for years some importance. I think when he talked about "No challenges left in the locker room but each other" I saw it as HHH saying he's been there and done it, almost as if he was saying the rest of the locker room has moved on and he has no issue with them and has already achieved everything they are working towards, he only has one top dog left from his era to beat and outlast. Having said that I can see how it can be taken as a bit counter-productive given his wording. The beatdown of Sheamus was well done and adressed that particular situation, he got his revenge and I don't think it particualrly buried Sheamus, but I do wonder what happens to Sheamus now, as i'm a big fan of his. The HBK segment was really well done and again built the match up nicely to try and get it on the level of his matches with Taker.

I found the Cena/Miz/Riley segment to be pretty crap, it came across as a really forced and rushed way to move the feud along and to for whatever reason write Alex Riley out. It was a bit all over the place and even I, who normally doesn't mind it, wished Cena would be serious for a minute [/storm] It also seems like they don't know what angle to pursue with the story although I do like the Miz demanding to be noticed and he did look good by the end of the show. Not sure where the Alex Riley thing will go or why they felt the need to do it, but we'll see how it goes with that one. So yeah the segment was a poor way to set-up an angle that could go either way. The Rock promo was excellent, but I echo the thoughts that it would have been better had he been there, then the irony of some of the stuff he was saying wouldn't have been there and it would have stepped it up a notch, still very impressive though. I'm liking the Rock's involvement but it seems a little 'floaty' at the minute, in that he just keeps saying he'll address Cena at WM etc, they may keep it as that and just have him come out post-match but i'd like it to be a bit more solid what he'll actually be doing but there's plenty of time to get more of a feel with where they are going with that one.

King/Cole build-up was great again and Swagger's involvement is fine and good for him in a way to be involved in an angle that has has a big build and the crowd are into, rather than just thrown in a MITB or whatever, wonder who the ref is?

The Punk/Orton story continued nicely too, with him doing the exact seem thing as he did to Husky, i'm sure he'll face some consequences pre-Mania to continue that one.

EDIT - Hope the link works, Miz's pic of Cena that he took :laugh:

http://plixi.com/p/80768445

Also this seems like a dig at the Rock by CM Punk, which Paul Heyman responded to saying he is politically incorrect and proud of it

Tomorrow, I will go to the gym. Via satellite.

Archived