Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 28/2

Super Cena

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I like The Miz. What I am trying to say, is The Miz Vs John Cena really doesn't scream Wrestlemania main event to me at the moment. It might be because most people would rather see the dream match of Cena Vs The Rock, or it might be because The Miz has been booked as a chicken shit heel that struggles to fight, but then with the help of Michael Cole or Alex Riley, ends up winning. He has improved ALOT since his debut, and it shows when he has matches with Daniel Bryan. His current character, in my opinion, isn't quite ready for Wrestlemania main events, especially one on one with John Cena. The main reason being, it is probable that Cena will win (I have no problem with that at all, thats what I want to happen actually), but his current gimmick only really works with him winning. If I remember rightly, Powerslam suggested that they take the belt of him, move him to Smackdown, and then move him back again in a couple of years as a babyface, so he is ready to pick up the ball and be the big superstar that he can be. I used the wrong word when I said "deserved" in the previous post.

• Paid Members
Actually, I like The Miz. What I am trying to say, is The Miz Vs John Cena really doesn't scream Wrestlemania main event to me at the moment. It might be because most people would rather see the dream match of Cena Vs The Rock, or it might be because The Miz has been booked as a chicken shit heel that struggles to fight, but then with the help of Michael Cole or Alex Riley, ends up winning . He has improved ALOT since his debut, and it shows when he has matches with Daniel Bryan. His current character, in my opinion, isn't quite ready for Wrestlemania main events, especially one on one with John Cena. The main reason being, it is probable that Cena will win (I have no problem with that at all, thats what I want to happen actually), but his current gimmick only really works with him winning. If I remember rightly, Powerslam suggested that they take the belt of him, move him to Smackdown, and then move him back again in a couple of years as a babyface, so he is ready to pick up the ball and be the big superstar that he can be. I used the wrong word when I said "deserved" in the previous post.

The stuff in bold yes he WAS and was being the right word booked as a Chicken Shit heel to start with but since then he has become credible. With lots of clean wins over top guys on Raw.

I still think the way to become a bonafied main event player is to win big at Wrestlemania well in this case anyway. Cena does not need the win. The Miz going cleanly over him cements him as top guy. Cena got a similar rub off Big Show fair enough not in the main event but he went over Big Show at Wrestlemania this kicked him on to becoming a Top star.

Loads of people on the forum want new guys in the main event this is the time for them to show they are main event players. The Miz has been booked strongly enough to show he can beat Cena at Wrestlemania like wise Del Rio has been booked strongly enough to go over Edge. Del Rio is in a slightly different situation because he is not champion but i fully expect him to win at Wrestlemania.

The Miz has made Raw worth watching in recent months without him who would be up there instead. Maybe Punk but it would have been Punk vs Cena at Wrestlemania these guys are well established. The Miz should and will go over Cena cleanly at Wrestlemania he will then be a top guy forever not just half a year.

The card for Wrestlemania is looking strong. This time next year in the build up as long as The Miz and Del Rio don't drop the ball so to speak they will be top guys going into Wrestlemania. At the minute they are both nearly top guys they just need to cement it and in a few years they will be helping put new guys over on big shows.

Also on Morrison he should be given the chance at a summer program with The Miz ending in him being champion The Miz should be well established by then so going over him will be a massive rub for Morrison. This can then escalte him into being a top face on Raw and The Miz can run with out the title for a bit see how he gets on. I can't wait for Wrestlemania

The Miz vs. Cena:

This is going to be a great match after it is done I hope I am right in saying that most people will feel it was big enough for Wrestlemania. I just look at all the big matches Cena has been in he has put on some great main events in some cases he has dragged a good match out of the other people. He has rarely let us down in a massive main event and The Miz is a great all round solid performer who has been booked wonderfully since his MITB win so to me it will be a great match and worthy of a good placement on the Wrestlemania card

Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio:

Not as excited as this hopefully Del Rio should go over.Might even get Christian thrown into the mix as well. I don't care a lot for Edge at the moment the same with Randy Orton. Both of them are far better Heels. Edge is not looking in great shape. His body has taken a lot of punishment and maybe this is like passing of the torch sort of thing.

Undertaker vs. HHH:

This will headline and will be a cracker. Shame the outcome will already be known. The only time I though Taker was going to lose was in the First match with Michaels. If Michaels didn't beat him I don't think anyone will.

So That

• Paid Members

Personally I think The Miz can hold his own against Cena and The Rock. He's not supposed to be funny and wise cracking like them guys, he just has to be an annoying pompous arrogant shithead which he is great at doing. Personally I think The Miz vs Cena is Wrestlemania worthy and I'm excited as hell even though I think Cena is shit. It's just exciting to see someone new, young and fresh take the ball and run with it and The Miz is doing just that.

I totally agree with Lagoosh, i love The Miz and i think he is doing a great job as champion, i totally buy him as a main contender and would love him to continue on as champion. That said, I think he will lose to Cena, because Cena is Cena and he always wins at Maina

Cena on Twitter:

CeNation. Woke up to see what looks like rocks foot crushing the words Hustle Loyalty and Respect. Yep...that sounds like the rock alright

In reply to "where was the rock last Monday?"

I have a feeling you'll say that alot.

Also in reply to "Will I see a Rock-Cena face off tonight?"

maybe we will. Its in buffalo. Ill be there. We will see if dwayne can fit it into his sched.

I don't see how you could get to another match for Miz at this point. Cena won the title shot at WrestleMania. Unless Rock beat Miz in an impromptu match on Raw for the belt, Miz can't just easily be shifted to another slot on the card.

Say Rock rang Vince McMahon today and said he wants to face Cena at WrestleMania, how I'd do it is a fake injury storyline for Miz. He has to vacate the title. Either Cena is awarded it on Raw and Rock interrupts that and challenges him, or Cena vs Rock is made for the title at WrestleMania. Miz would just do a bitter promo on the PPV.

• Paid Members
I don't see how you could get to another match for Miz at this point. Say Rock rang Vince McMahon today and said he wants to face Cena at WrestleMania, how I'd do it is a fake injury storyline for Miz. He has to vacate the title. Either Cena is awarded it on Raw and Rock interrupts that and challenges him, or Cena vs Rock is made for the title at WrestleMania. Miz would just do a bitter promo on the PPV.

It wouldn't have to be for a title. You could have The Rock run Cena down like fuck and then lay down a challenge. Rock would have to lay it on so thick that Cena gives up his shot for a one-time crack at The Rock. I'd have Cena choose who takes his title shot and choose Morrison.

• Paid Members

There's no reason why they couldn't still have Miz as an onscreen character and a massive thorn in Cena's side if they went down the Rock/Cena route. They could tease a Rock/Miz alliance, or just have Miz be a dick to both in order to keep himself over enough for the inevitable post-Mania rivalry with Cena once Rock goes back to Hollywood.

• Paid Members
No matter anyone's feelings on Cena vs Miz, it pales in comparison to Cena vs Rock, which is what they're really promoting.

How are they promoting it?

A little bit of this and that on twitter/Facebook. They are trying to up ratings not promote a match that is likely never going to happen.

The Miz vs. Cena will pale in comparison to The Rock vs. Cena no doubt it would but why?

I would say because both The Rock and Cena are completely established top main event guys. Give The Miz 7 years at the top just like Cena pushed to the hilt no matter what and The Miz vs. The rock would be the better match.

Having The Rock turn up on Raw having a war of words with Cena is great for ratings but come Wrestlemania everyone will be looking at the match. The Miz will be a an established main event guy at Wrestlemania.

Cena can fight on both fronts anyway. He can have the Promos with The Rock maybe two more after tonight and then it will be Wrestlemania. For the next 5 weeks he will be involved with The Miz in one way or the other with Riley likely facing him at some point more tag team matches with or against each other.

I don't think there will be a massive role for The Rock at Wrestlemania he is another celebrity brought in to increase ratings they have been doing that for many years. This year though they have taken a celebrity and a fucking huge WWE superstar and put him in to get more interest. I don't think The Rock will have a massive role at Wrestlemania. He will do some funny back stage stuff, well funny if it was still 1999 and I was still 13. He may have some sort of role to play in Cena vs. Miz match I hope not though.

Don't tarnish The Miz's greatest victory with The Rock coming out and rock bottoming both of them Stone Cold style.

The Rock vs. Cena will be great for ratings but they will never get it on. I don't see The Rock actually wrestling at any point he doesn't need to. He doesn't need to prove him self to Cena or any of the fans he is a legend and a movie star not a wrestler. I would love to see the match but it is just not going to happen.

Archived