Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 28/2

Super Cena

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it safe to say we wont have a Money In The Bank Ladder Match now? They are leaving it late to start the qualifiers.

I hope they dont have one, they killed that idea already, that void will be filled with The Big Show and Nash vs The Corre, I think.

However I wonder what JoMo is going to do, he wasnt even on RAW last night, strange.

The MITB pay-per-view is just a cat's cock over three months after 'Mania this year. When was it last year? I'm sure there was a bigger gap between the two events.

Nope, it was the July PPV. I really hope we get a new concept for the midcarders, perhaps making John Morrison's career.

The MITB pay-per-view is just a cat's cock over three months after 'Mania this year. When was it last year? I'm sure there was a bigger gap between the two events.

Nope, it was the July PPV. I really hope we get a new concept for the midcarders, perhaps making John Morrison's career.

Yeah I love JoMo but I don't want him winning MITB, I kinda wanted him to do it the old fashioned way by winning the Rumble or just working his way up there. If he does win MITB I reckon he may be the first person to make a fair challenge for the title rather than "cashing it in" after a match...

Ah, cheers Phenom.

It would be nice to see a new concept in place of MITB or even a slight upgrade to it. They're getting very close to overkilling what was once a superb and very effective gimmick.

Perhaps just seeing it once a year again may give it some of its shine back.

Edit - Cobra, I've just read your post.

I very much agree with that - having Morrison announcing that he'll be challenging the heel champion (Miz would be ideal with the history between the two) at the next pay per view would allow the match to build itself.

I thought that show was pretty bad to be honest. It had all the hallmarks of a bad edition of TNA Impact. The Wrestlemania build is crap for the most part, its way too cookie cutter when you consider it is supposed to be the biggest show of the year.

I don't think it was too bad an effort.

What hallmarks are these, by the way? The 'hallmarks' that spring to my mind when I think of TNA aren't the sort of things I saw on this episode of Raw.

It was just that a lot of it seemed very Russo like with the emphasis on promos, the complete lack of wrestling, the random attacks and the convoluted stipulations added to matches. The mobile phone stuff is something I could imagine TNA doing too.

It wasn't completely terrible, I enjoyed parts of it but I don't think it was very good overall.

• Paid Members

Yeah I love JoMo but I don't want him winning MITB, I kinda wanted him to do it the old fashioned way by winning the Rumble or just working his way up there. If he does win MITB I reckon he may be the first person to make a fair challenge for the title rather than "cashing it in" after a match...

<nerd>Van Dam did that in 2006.</nerd>

Not sure how they'll be off for time, but if they don't want to do MITB, they could just have Kingston-Ziggler and Bryan-Morrison. Either that or bring back the championship scramble match for one of the belts.

I thought that show was pretty bad to be honest. It had all the hallmarks of a bad edition of TNA Impact. The Wrestlemania build is crap for the most part, its way too cookie cutter when you consider it is supposed to be the biggest show of the year.

I don't think it was too bad an effort.

What hallmarks are these, by the way? The 'hallmarks' that spring to my mind when I think of TNA aren't the sort of things I saw on this episode of Raw.

It was just that a lot of it seemed very Russo like with the emphasis on promos, the complete lack of wrestling, the random attacks and the convoluted stipulations added to matches. The mobile phone stuff is something I could imagine TNA doing too.

It wasn't completely terrible, I enjoyed parts of it but I don't think it was very good overall.

I think once in a while the promos need to take over from some of the in-ring action for a night, and last night was one of them.

I do see where you're coming from with the phone in the main event, though.

Not sure how they'll be off for time, but if they don't want to do MITB, they could just have Kingston-Ziggler and Bryan-Morrison. Either that or bring back the championship scramble match for one of the belts.

That sounds alright, but where would the likes of Kane, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre fit into the card? I think now is the perfect time for a brand new innovative concept like the MITB was in 2005.

ah damn, should have known that! :( ah well it would prob be in his best interests as a character to do it that was anyway :thumbsup:

What's concerning me, is with the possible lack of MITB, there's no big "high Spot", or "wrestlemania moment" type matches.. We need at least one special gimmick match to add to the occasion. If MITB isn't there, I really hope there is some sort of special gimmick match.

Lets face it, the card, while interesting, is a bit flat. a 4 hour show without a big gimmick match to give the fans some pops will not make good telly.

One idea I liked was as theres pretty much nothing happening with IC and US title feuds have a double ladder match with both titles hanging adjacent to one another and either title can be taken at any time. Will add a whole new dimension to the ladder match I think and would be similar to the Angle vs Jericho match with the different falls for the European and IC title.

Archived