Wrestlemania Revenge - UK tour lineup

Ant

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get a programme and a drink instead, then.

Don't buy merch just because man, what the shit are you going to do with an armband unless you're five...?

What are you going to do with a programme? It's a pointless picture book, and a fiver more expensive than the armband.

Wait, a programme is fifteen quid? ...Jesus!

I was assuming they were a fiver, or something, and as he's short on cash it'd be the cheaper, less emasculating alternative. Yeah, drink it is then.

I've got all my eggs in the 'William Regal shirt' basket, anyway.

Not long back from the Nottingham house show.

Santino (& Koslov) vs. The Usos: Fun opener which began as a handicap match but prompted a huge pop when Vlad came out half way through to help Santino out, which led to the Cobra and a pinfall victory.

Eve Torres & Gail Kim vs. The Bella Twins: Short match, not great but who was expecting much? Gail got the heat, Eve got the hot tag and pinned a Bella with a sunset flip from the apron to win.

'Showtime' Percy Watson vs. Primo: I have never seen such apathy as when Primo made his entrance, but thankfully he saved it by cutting a promo criticising the entire crowd. Watson wasn't wearing his glasses, disappointingly, but won with a flapjack type move.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Evan Bourne: Dolph was very over as a heel and got a lot of boos from the crowd just for his entrance. As expected, Bourne went for the Shooting Star Press towards the end, but Ziggler moved and hit the Zigzag for the win.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk: Punk took an age to come out, to the point where we wondered if he was actually trying to run his music through until the end. Orton was very over and was even more so when Punk got on the mic to tell everyone to be a bit quieter. Some strange spots with the mic during this match, and the finish was fairly unconvincing - a rehash of WrestleMania with the springboard into the RKO, except Orton didn't really catch all of it but got the pin anyway.

They did a dance segment with R-Truth and Melina. Some kid won. Melina said nothing.

WWE United States Championship: Sheamus vs. John Morrison: Reasonable match. Morrison fairly over but just boring in the ring. Missed Starship Pain twice and Sheamus won with the Brogue Kick to retain, naturally.

Sin Cara vs. Tyson Kidd: The former Hart Dynasty member came out first and declared his hatred for 'foreigners', such as his opponent - and since they were bringing the trampoline out, it became fairly obvious who that was. The former Mistico was pretty impressive, and his entrance even had pyro! Reasonable match that worked well to show off Sin Cara's moves and he won with the Spanish Fly as on RAW. After this, Miz and Riley interrupted the celebrations to tell the luchadore to get out of the ring, which led to...

WWE Championship: The Miz w/Alex Riley vs. John Cena: First of all, if anyone says that Cena isn't over as a face, they need to look at the crowds. I have never proportionately seen so many people wearing the same shirt (the brand new red Cena one) in one place, and that includes football grounds. I also saw several of the older Cena shirts; purple, black, orange etc. Anyway, this match took an intriguing turn when A-Ri was sent to the back by the ref, and after teasing countouts and other such finishes, it appeared that Miz had the match won when Riley returned to hit Cena with the case whilst the referee was distracted. Miz got the cover but only got two, prompting A-Ri to then hit the ring and bash John again for the DQ. As the two beat down on Cena, Sin Cara's music hit and he made the save. Cena recovered and attempted to hit the Miz with an AA, only for something weird to happen; not sure if it was a botch or if it was supposed to be a counter but it looked more like the former. In any event, Riley ate a Lionsault from Sin Cara and an Attitude Adjustment to end the show.

Thoughts? All in all, well worth

Hmmm, Daniel Bryan not on the last Raw show. I hope that's because he's made his way to Liverpool for tonight's SD show, a fan can hope....

Do you honestly think that he wouldn't have been able to get to Liverpool by tonight if he was wrestling in Nottingham last night? Fucksake.

Archived