Wrestlemania Revenge - UK tour lineup

Ant

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully someone going to the glasgow tour tonight can post up the card tomorrow, but without the actual results please? Am going to the Notts show on Sunday so wouldnt mind seeing what matches are likely to occur/superstars are on the tour, but would rather not know what happens in every match like the sites would be.

Just back from the Braehead Arena RAW show, my first ever show, and figured I’d post my thoughts on the off chance that anyone's interested and can tolerate my badly written ramblings.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Bottom line, I loved it. I don’t know if it was good or bad by other house show standards as I haven’t been to any to compare, but for what it was, it was great fun.

The card was pretty loaded actually.

Things started off with Evan Bourne vs Alex Riley. Fine little opener, and a bit of a pleasant surprise to see Evan picking up the win with the SSP. I always figured house shows were generally mailed in, more mat-based with little in the way of big spots, but as I was to find out throughout the night, that wasn’t necessarily the case. I’d never saw much of Riley before, but he looked ok. Didn’t get much in but looked crisp and polished enough for a rookie….well, except his elbow drops, which were missing by a mile, but that might’ve just looked so bad because of the angle I was viewing at.

Next up was Percy Watson vs Tyson Kidd. Not much happening here. A bit bland, but pretty inoffensive. Breaking up the Hart Dynasty was silly because there isn’t much to Kidd’s schtick nowadays. He looks to be going nowhere. Percy was fine for someone so green, and the crowd seemed to be taking to him, at least the kids at the front. I can’t remember the ending, but Percy went over.

Third up, Santino and Koslov vs the Uso’s. Santino’s just amazing, I was like a big kid for this. Didn’t matter how the match was, Santino had everyone in the palm of his hand and we got the cobra - can’t ask for much more than that. It has to be said though, Koslov carries his end of the team too and is pretty over on his own right. A bit mental that there doesn’t seem to be any/much Santino merchandise. Oh, and Samoans don’t just have rock hard heads, their backs are just as solid!

The womens match was the usual fare, no one was really interested but they looked nice. It was one of the Twins vs Eva Torres.

I really enjoyed Morrison vs Ziggler. Way above my expectations for a house show, this would’ve been a more than decent RAW match. Morrison went over, so he can’t be that far in the doghouse. Like in the opener, it was great to see the corkscrew split leg moonsault. There was a load of good stuff in this though, some of the spots included the old Kurt Angle/Tazz backflip german suplex, and the springboard enzuigiri that looked spectacular. These two really are a cut above your average midcarder,

Punk vs Orton finished up the first part of the show. Fans got to choose the stip – streetfight or 2/3 falls, you know how it went. This was good stuff too from what I saw (I missed 5 minutes of it), I was hyped to see Punk and Orton was a lot more popular than I expected. Punk really is a great heel. I can remember a steel chair and kendo stick coming into play and they were well worked into the match. The props were used in moderation for greater effect than those ECW/WCW/Hardcore title style plunder matches, and some of the shots looked disgusting. Punk even done the old Raven bump into a steel chair wedged between the 2nd and top turnbuckle. And a White Russian legsweep! Orton took it with the RKO. Good stuff again.

I was hopeful Sin Cara would appear when I noticed his t-shirts in the souvenir stand, but I really had no idea. So when I heard his music coming on as I made my way back from the foyer, I was over the moon - what a bonus! I missed most of the entrance but did just about see him doing his entrance vault over the ropes out of the corner of my eye. I’m not sure if it was with trampoline though, I think it might just have been from the ring apron (like Eddy’s hilo). Maybe someone can confirm that. It looked like Primo he was up against, but there was something different about him. Anyways, the match started and it wasn’t that great in all honesty. A badly blown backflip off Primo’s shoulders was pretty ugly. I wasn’t that bothered though, I was seeing Mistico performing metres away from me dammit! So it goes back and forward for 5-10 minutes and Sin Cara picks up the win with a snazzy little code red/sunset flip counter out of a powerbomb.

The celebrations were cut short by Sheamus who came down to attack Sin Cara for his antics on RAW last week, and man this got ugly. A quick Sheamus promo and beatdown, then a pretty horribly blown La Mistica/rana/headscissors attempt. Maybe Sin Cara shouldn’t have used the “if at first you don’t succeed….” philosophy because he tried it again, only to make another rip-roaring c*nt of it, then ran away. It was a bit of a mess of a segment as the execution wasn’t there, but I wouldn’t be too hard on Sin Cara. There is work required but as much as he needs to adapt to the ‘WWE style’, his opponents also have to adapt to act as a base for his offence too.

As soon as Sin Cara left, Daniel Bryan appeared with Sheamus still in the ring…. looks like we got ourselves a US title match. Again, good, solid stuff, they weren’t holding back, and there were a few occasions when you momentarily though Bryan had it, even thought it clearly wasn’t happening, so they must’ve been doing something right. Sheamus took it with an impressive pump kick and it’s another thumbs up.

A bit of light relief followed with a dance off hosted by R Truth. 4 kids were picked out the crowd earlier by Melina, and a wee man who looked (from a distance), acted and moved just like the awkward dude from Road Trip won; his moves were pretty funny to be fair. Felt a bit bad for the stout lass who got it a bit tight as soon as she said she was from London.

Miz and Cena rounded things off with the advertised main event. Man, this was fun, I enjoyed it better than Wrestlemania although I accept that seeing it live is a different matter entirely. Never realised Miz was so over. Everyone either loved him or hated him, but they cared either way (Same could be said for Cena). He came out and cut a pretty decent promo, apart from the fact he was talking about a Glass Cow. Miz and Riley double teamed and cheated in the opening stages until Riley got ejected by the ref to a pretty huge pop. Can’t remember minute by minute details but it was good stuff, Miz is getting a whole lot more interesting and convincing on offence, and is just a great prick. He’s winning me over. His kneeling DDT looks killer too. Cena even busted out something that looked very much like an Emerald Frosion, which was pretty cool I thought. Anyways, Cena had Miz beat only for Riley to sprint out, pull the ref out of the ring mid-count (looked a pretty decent bump to be fair to the ref) and they double teamed Cena to draw the DQ. They then continued to lay him out with the briefcase, only for R Truth to make the save and Miz to eat the FU. Cena and R have a little stare and nod to close off what I thought was 3hrs of real good fun.

So yeah, I felt we got our moneys worth. I wish I never left it as long to catch a show now. It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of seasoned WWE-goers as to what they thought of the show as I’m not really able to give an impartial appraisal as a newbie.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

For the poster above, the card was:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Evan Bourne vs Alex Riley

Percy Watson vs Tyson Kidd

Santino & Koslov vs Uso Brothers

One of the twins vs Eve Torres

John Morrison vs Dolph Ziggler

Randy Orton vs CM Punk (Streetfight)

Sin Cara vs Primo

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus

John Cena vs The Miz

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Reznor, for what its worth that was a very good house show, particularly when consider it was in Glasgow.

There really are quite a lot of lunatics that go to wrestling shows, but it was astounding how many of them were wearing Nexus shirts last night lol

Cheers for that reznor, looks a decent card that for a house show. Odd that R Truth wasn't involved, but oh well. I assume Vickie was with Dolph? Never seen her live before, be a good experience just to hear the reaction to her!

Awesome show last night, one of the better ones I have been too. I was 2nd row and really got into a lot of the matches. Also a bonus was there were no idiots near us this time, just people wanting to have fun, chant along and not trying to be "smart" :bored:

Oh and Cena gave me his wristband after his match, top guy! :thumbsup:

Cheers for that reznor, looks a decent card that for a house show. Odd that R Truth wasn't involved, but oh well. I assume Vickie was with Dolph? Never seen her live before, be a good experience just to hear the reaction to her!

Last time Vickie only flew over for the taping.

I was at the show last night and echo pretty much everything Reznor said.

Really good show, my first WWE show in fact so I wasn't sure what to expect but everyone pretty much had their working boots on.

Say what you will about Cena, but man, kids adore him.

Archived