WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

OK for those that are wondering what my gripe is I shall explain!

We 4 horsemen vote for FG (which was the obvious way to go), NWO split their votes elsewhere and spotlight does whatever, we go no lynch that day phase. Even though NWO would highlight themselves by going against 4HMen too, but we'll say no lynch!

From that days play we somehow surmise unfitfinlay is our block and vig kill, that puts NWO down to 4, FG would then be easily lynched next day phase as Spotlight and is would have made the numbers!

This game should not have ended till Spotligjt was killed!

This game is void, simple as!

Oh and the gameay have been boring, bur it could've gone no lynch for days until wCw hit the right person!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Alternatively, either side wait for spotlight to put on a vote and then pile on.

I'd probably agree that it should have been a draw, but I'm not so much bothered about the outcome as I am the fact that this has been a particularly enjoyable game from my side.

• Paid Members

I was the mod, and I say the game was a win for Wolfpac. Both Wolfpac and nWo Hollywood win conditions are there for you to see, in black and white (and red): "Decimate WCW to where they cannot lynch you."

Sorry Teedy, but the win conditions have been fulfilled, and the deed is done.

Quick question: aside from all my fuck-ups and the controversy over the finish, did everyone at least enjoy the game? That was the whole point of this endeavour. Apart from the obvious mistakes which I've now learned from, was there any part of it which could've been improved upon?

• Paid Members
I was the mod, and I say the game was a win for Wolfpac. Both Wolfpac and nWo Hollywood win conditions are there for you to see, in black and white (and red): "Decimate WCW to where they cannot lynch you."

Sorry Teedy, but the win conditions have been fulfilled, and the deed is done.

Quick question: aside from all my fuck-ups and the controversy over the finish, did everyone at least enjoy the game? That was the whole point of this endeavour. Apart from the obvious mistakes which I've now learned from, was there any part of it which could've been improved upon?

Thoroughly enjoyable. The WCW/nWo theme of the game was a great way for a beginner like myself to get started with the mafia games in that I could tie it in to a popular wrestling theme and learn the mechanics of the game pretty quickly. Even if I didn't read through all of the posts and sometimes didn't contribute too much I still awaited all the day and night results with real interest. Kudos to you for trying to make the game as authentic to the time period as possible.

Thought the game was great fun CB. Seems like it was well balanced. Poor Ron though, his first game as mafia and he gets thrown to the wolves by his fellow scum. Makes me chuckle if I'm honest. And that 'intentional slip' which was a great idea, because we didn't pick it up as being intentional, but in doing so thinking it would help him win the game, it actually lost it for him. Poor Ron.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the game as a whole wasn't too bad, maybe a few too much going on in places in regards to groups. (Poor Ron really drew the short end of the stick in this game, as he was the only one really on his side) But as far as playing and flavour and stuff, it went pretty damned well, and the fact it's drawn new people to the mafia games and shown them that they're good fun, so that's always a plus point.

As a first timer, I enjoyed it alot. I got carried away towards the end but I will do it again. I got confused a fair bit to be certain but I think I've got a general idea of what to do and not to do for the next time.

Thanks Carbomb, this was fun.

• Paid Members
Yeah, the game as a whole wasn't too bad, maybe a few too much going on in places in regards to groups. (Poor Ron really drew the short end of the stick in this game, as he was the only one really on his side) But as far as playing and flavour and stuff, it went pretty damned well, and the fact it's drawn new people to the mafia games and shown them that they're good fun, so that's always a plus point.

Tom and I were on his side at the start and only switched sides after he was lynched. He was probably unlucky that we were both so inexperienced though because there were a few things I noticed that I either didn't mention or didn't push as much as I should've just because of my lack of confidence about the game.

I really enjoyed the game too Carbomb. Lot of fun with some really good twists.

• Paid Members

Tom and I were on his side at the start and only switched sides after he was lynched. He was probably unlucky that we were both so inexperienced though because there were a few things I noticed that I either didn't mention or didn't push as much as I should've just because of my lack of confidence about the game.

Well true, but I meant more that all the recruits coming in were anti-Hogan, and as the town were as well, he was an an almost impossible situation, unless of course he was able to get away with killing and not recruiting, and had a good reason to do so. (And in reality, there isn't, a gain to the scum of +2 over town is always better than +1).

• Paid Members

Well true, but I meant more that all the recruits coming in were anti-Hogan, and as the town were as well, he was an an almost impossible situation, unless of course he was able to get away with killing and not recruiting, and had a good reason to do so. (And in reality, there isn't, a gain to the scum of +2 over town is always better than +1).

Not really - a usurper role isn't that unusual. He had a night-kill action, so all he had to do was get me killed. Bear in mind, flavour-wise, there was strong reason to suspect me.

Well done Carbomb, definitely my favourite game so far, I look forward to your write-up, naming MVP, dead thread etc.

Top-Notch play from the wolfpac guys, but it was a formidable town and Mason group. Oh, and sorry to Ron for the massive stitch-up!

• Paid Members

That stitch-up was so much fun.

"Oh God, sorry Ron - I think I've accidentally exposed that you're scum, so you'll probably be lynched. Might be best to try and get yourself lynched, eh?"

• Paid Members
That stitch-up was so much fun.

"Oh God, sorry Ron - I think I've accidentally exposed that you're scum, so you'll probably be lynched. Might be best to try and get yourself lynched, eh?"

The irritating thing is, had I not slipped the heat wasn't on me at all so I'd have been OK. I also disagreed with the recruiting stance after we had brownie on board, but I thought 'I'd be a cock not to go with the majority decision' - so I did! Listening to my 'team' actually lost me the game! Family Guy joining the Wolfpac as opposed to my side royally screwed me too. In many ways it'd have been better for me had he joined the Horsemen, an investigation would have found me innocent. Oh well, congrads, you shower of traitors ;)

Archived