WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

So I being greedy I want Mason and dead thread and a round up now as I'm some what interested to see if my little gambit last post before night did draw the roleblocker to me like I planned.

As for the scum threads I happy to open then if everyone else is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Who did NWO take out last night?

Nobody. We haven't been able to kill since Ron was lynched.

So Carbomb, what happened to actually end the game? And what was the original set-up?

Also, did I call it on unfitfinlay and FG or what? :p

Totally. Although I do think your case against me suffered just because of the sheer length of it. A lot of your valid points (me fence sitting) got lost in amongst stuff that were fairly easy to argue against (Me believing Snake's Van Hammer claim wasn't intentional). It also didn't help that your other suspect was Teedy Kay/TMS who we knew was a Horseman.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the game. All credit to the rest of my team who came through when we were up against it.

4 Life.

(I'm happy to open the scum threads as well Swift)

• Paid Members

Just looking at the winners list and Chris B is a big name missing off that as we never would have been able to properly screw Ron over without Chris direction and actually giving us that separate win condition WOLFPAC!!

The originals were Ron, Chris, unfit and Tom. Brownie/swift and Adam619 were recruited, I was given the choice to choose my side, and chose to go scum at the end of night one, knowing that thanks to my slip, I'd be lynched pretty sharpish if I went town.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if I made the decision with outing myself as the lyncher. I'm sure if Chris realized that me lynching FG wouldn't have me win the game, but would have just had me replace him, he'd have been less eager to save FG (and FG wouldn't have minded so much as he would have still won the game with the winning side). But as that information was only released by me when it would have been impossible to act on it, it didn't matter.

Of course by that point just pushing FG relentlessly wouldn't have helped me either as people would have been too unsure on the lyncher stuff to consider it (and the scum damned sure weren't about to help me).

Congrats have to go to FG for surviving as long as he did as well, despite the fact that I caught him on his BigJag vote.

Also unfitfinlay, I'm not sure I'd say the case was bad because of the sheer length, but I am coming to realize that over here people are less willing to read a text block even if the case is watertight. Instead it's skimmed and is brushed aside. Which is a shame as I made some good points in both that case and the FG one.

• Paid Members
I really buggered it up didn't I?

You were in a pretty impossible position to be fair. This was a hell of a confusing game and I would've been completely lost if I hadn't been able to get advice from my team mates. I assume you were vanilla?

Also unfitfinlay, I'm not sure I'd say the case was bad because of the sheer length, but I am coming to realize that over here people are less willing to read a text block even if the case is watertight. Instead it's skimmed and is brushed aside. Which is a shame as I made some good points in both that case and the FG one.

Oh, no, that is sort of what I meant. It wasn't "bad" but there were so many points to respond to that I was able to pick off the one's that were easiest to answer and not look like I was avoiding the issue. You had me nailed on a few points but they got lost in amongst stuff about Snake's nameclaim and my defending Ron, which I'd already clarified. You did have me worried when you named me as a suspect after you were lynched though.

I'm not sure if I made the decision with outing myself as the lyncher. I'm sure if Chris realized that me lynching FG wouldn't have me win the game, but would have just had me replace him, he'd have been less eager to save FG (and FG wouldn't have minded so much as he would have still won the game with the winning side). But as that information was only released by me when it would have been impossible to act on it, it didn't matter.

Of course by that point just pushing FG relentlessly wouldn't have helped me either as people would have been too unsure on the lyncher stuff to consider it (and the scum damned sure weren't about to help me).

Congrats have to go to FG for surviving as long as he did as well, despite the fact that I caught him on his BigJag vote.

The problem is that people are still new on here, as I am, and it's so easy to argue against a case. As time goes on it'll be interesting to see who becomes the players really adept at reading tells, etc.

Swift I don't know what you breadcrumbed last night, but that wasn't why you were roleblocked. We didn't realise that we were so close to endgame, and were trying a block/shoot method to get out the roleblocker. you were the first choice since we were able to vig day 2 and 3 after blocking you the night before.

• Paid Members

Balls. Still, I enjoyed my first mafia game if at times it was a little bit hard to follow. At the games peak, if I was at work I'd have missed about five or six pages of essay style (though well written) replies and suspicions and the like. So basically it was hard to keep on your toes the whole time. Still good though, and being a Horseman was also pretty cool.

We still fought valiantly tough. *Throws up four fingers*

I really buggered it up didn't I?

Not really, the only thing I would say is that you were just a little too over defensive of anything that was in your direction. If you're town, just accept that town will sometimes suspect you and scum will sometimes frame you. Just give your point of view on anything that is thrown at you, and try to do a bit of hunting at the same time. Remember if you are a town player, then you know that the case on you is at best wrong, and at worst a scum lie. You certainly didn't do anything wrong in the game though, and you didn't lurk either which was good.

Yeah, I was Vanilla Town (Scott Steiner), cheers for the feedback. Think I'll skip the next game (Mike Castles Pick Your Powers) as that seems a little confusing, but after that I'll definently give it a go again. I enjoyed it, plus I can learn and not over react to things quite so much.

Archived