WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Not that complicated, all you need do is pick 2 numbers, I sort the draft order, then you pick what role you want. You either get it, or if someone above you picks it, you become Vanilla. Once the game starts it's a normal game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm not sure if I made the decision with outing myself as the lyncher. I'm sure if Chris realized that me lynching FG wouldn't have me win the game, but would have just had me replace him, he'd have been less eager to save FG (and FG wouldn't have minded so much as he would have still won the game with the winning side). But as that information was only released by me when it would have been impossible to act on it, it didn't matter.

Of course by that point just pushing FG relentlessly wouldn't have helped me either as people would have been too unsure on the lyncher stuff to consider it (and the scum damned sure weren't about to help me).

Congrats have to go to FG for surviving as long as he did as well, despite the fact that I caught him on his BigJag vote.

Also unfitfinlay, I'm not sure I'd say the case was bad because of the sheer length, but I am coming to realize that over here people are less willing to read a text block even if the case is watertight. Instead it's skimmed and is brushed aside. Which is a shame as I made some good points in both that case and the FG one.

The problem is that people are still new on here, as I am, and it's so easy to argue against a case. As time goes on it'll be interesting to see who becomes the players really adept at reading tells, etc.

Swift I don't know what you breadcrumbed last night, but that wasn't why you were roleblocked. We didn't realise that we were so close to endgame, and were trying a block/shoot method to get out the roleblocker. you were the first choice since we were able to vig day 2 and 3 after blocking you the night before.

I left that post that you picked up on about Nick being day Vig purposely as I knew I would have a get out and hoped it would draw the roleblocking as I figured I might get fingered as the scum roleblocker after putting in something that could be read as scum knowledge.

I'm not sure if I made the decision with outing myself as the lyncher. I'm sure if Chris realized that me lynching FG wouldn't have me win the game, but would have just had me replace him, he'd have been less eager to save FG (and FG wouldn't have minded so much as he would have still won the game with the winning side). But as that information was only released by me when it would have been impossible to act on it, it didn't matter.

Of course by that point just pushing FG relentlessly wouldn't have helped me either as people would have been too unsure on the lyncher stuff to consider it (and the scum damned sure weren't about to help me).

Congrats have to go to FG for surviving as long as he did as well, despite the fact that I caught him on his BigJag vote.

Also unfitfinlay, I'm not sure I'd say the case was bad because of the sheer length, but I am coming to realize that over here people are less willing to read a text block even if the case is watertight. Instead it's skimmed and is brushed aside. Which is a shame as I made some good points in both that case and the FG one.

The problem is that people are still new on here, as I am, and it's so easy to argue against a case. As time goes on it'll be interesting to see who becomes the players really adept at reading tells, etc.

Swift I don't know what you breadcrumbed last night, but that wasn't why you were roleblocked. We didn't realise that we were so close to endgame, and were trying a block/shoot method to get out the roleblocker. you were the first choice since we were able to vig day 2 and 3 after blocking you the night before.

I left that post that you picked up on about Nick being day Vig purposely as I knew I would have a get out and hoped it would draw the roleblocking as I figured I might get fingered as the scum roleblocker after putting in something that could be read as scum knowledge.

Nick picked up on it today, I hadn't noticed it at all if I'm honest. Nice trick though.

• Paid Members

Well seeing as you opened up the Horsemen and Tom and Finley are in agreement here is the madness

WOLFPAC

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/7T9aicJgRdv

NWO

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/pACa4VGmswQh

--

It was great to see that I so nearly got myself killed as I was trying sacrifice myself to get Ron lynched (on my Larry Z reveal) to but just didn't quite get the Rub after Chris claimed Rolecop and then after that I somehow disappeared of the radar until my sheeping saved me again.

• Paid Members
Just looking at the winners list and Chris B is a big name missing off that as we never would have been able to properly screw Ron over without Chris direction and actually giving us that separate win condition WOLFPAC!!

Very kind of you. It would have been a very, very different game if my rolecop bluff had worked. Lynching Ron would have probably been a very strong result for me.

However, it's fascinating to see WHY I got Dayvigged. While I made the case on TMS badly, I can't quite get my head around that making him think that I was scum, other than an element of OMGUS. Really, though, it was a mistake on my part to drop my suspicion of him. Bah, anyway.

To be honest, our biggest stroke of luck was FMPMSL turning out to be an utter bastard and actively deciding that choosing to be evil would be his preference. I really liked the free agent aspect, and it could have worked out very badly for us.

• Paid Members

Right, I've looked at this a fair bit, and the maths does not add up! Although NWO can not get a member lynched, wCw may not have either, which means it would have been a draw unless spotlight got lynched!

I understand that NWO numbers mean it can end now, but in theory the Horsemen in time could've cut that number to 4 as long as spotlight wasn't harmed!

I believe this game has been concluded too soon!

• Paid Members
Right, I've looked at this a fair bit, and the maths does not add up! Although NWO can not get a member lynched, wCw may not have either, which means it would have been a draw unless spotlight got lynched!

I understand that NWO numbers mean it can end now, but in theory the Horsemen in time could've cut that number to 4 as long as spotlight wasn't harmed!

Wrong, I'm afraid. All Scum games end not when the Scum are majority, but when the Scum numbers equal the Town's, simply because Town cannot lynch them.

• Paid Members

Depends on who was what role.

I think we had 5 scum left, and 5 town (The vig attempt failed) in which case a lynch is impossible.

However, if the Horsemen still had a vig left... and the scum couldn't kill, in theory the game should have continued, and in all actuality would lead to a guarenteed town win due to town being the only group that could still kill.

I think scum can be decided to be the winning faction though, as they did get to outnumbering the town, but I will suggest to future mods that games should be set-up to end when it's impossible for town to win or when all scum/third party are eliminated, and including an unrecruitable vig in a cult game is always a bad move.

I also think a 4 person mason group isn't generally a good move, purely because it can confirm too many people by endgame, especially if they're all unrecruitable and the scum are recruiting scum. Though I have to admit, I liked the idea of all the power (essentially) being with the masons. I saw it used elsewhere and liked the mechanic.

• Paid Members

The game could only have continued if Town had voted fast enough to lynch a Scum member, and there was no guarantee of that.

I made the decision to end the game because their Day Vig attempt was their last possible one to reduce Scum to a minority again, and that failed.

• Paid Members

Wrong, I'm afraid. All Scum games end not when the Scum are majority, but when the Scum numbers equal the Town's, simply because Town cannot lynch them.

Ah, but in this game the town could still vig-kill them Carbomb, which changes things. The reason they end when scum numbers equal town's normally is because town have no ability to kill scum, and scum can just kill every night from then on. In fact this game ended with that flipped on it's head, with scum having no ability to kill, and town able to just kill players each day. I'd sit here and actually work out possible ways town could win, but there's not much point. I think for a first game it went well, but I do feel the balance could have been a little better.

Flavour wise you did a solid job though, and you kept things moving swiftly though, so top marks there.

I would like all new mods in future to let me give the games a once over (unless you're nicking a set-up listed on the mafia wiki outright of course) just so if there is anything that may not have been spotted, I can give you a heads up, and perhaps point out things that haven't been mentioned (everyone has to do the same on MS as well, and even my first game there (which was after I had begun running them here) was pulled up on something I hadn't noticed, so I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. Nexus has pulled me up on stuff as well in fact). Obviously I'll sit out the games, but it does mean I can double as back-up mod in those situations if you have to disappear for whatever reason.

• Paid Members

I'm sorry, but town have NOT lost here, not until Spotlight gets it, there is no way NWO could've lynched us horsemen, and we had our plan in action to eventually kill someone by role blocking and killing them in one hit! In theory we would've weeded them out eventually, as long as spotlightmagnet stayed alive.

This game was sadly ended too early, and I'm sorry but there has not been a winner because of this!

• Paid Members

TAFKATMS, I'd say chalk this up to a learning curve (most are still learning after all, especially the modding aspect, which is why I propose things are given a look over by me first, I noticed Carbomb changed his stance on how some things work while the game was running. I understand why he would do this (again, been there done that) but you need to know exactly what you're doing, and what you'll do with any eventuality should it arise, prior to it actually doing so. Hence running things by me, a second set of eyes is always a good thing, and I'm sure people wont mind me not playing in that many games until mods are up to speed ;).

Also, go and enter the Pick Your Power game. It'll be all sorts of awesomeness.

Quick bastard.

• Paid Members
"mike is easier to control when not arguing with him if you agree with him he leaves you alone"

Not to self, when people start agreeing with me, be wary.

You really should remember this one. I've explicitly used it in the past as well. You only really get fixated on people when they argue with you. I'm pretty sure you've backed down on people before if they agree with your reasoning for finding them suspicious.

Archived