Smackdown has a new announcer ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Replacing Matt Striker.

That seems an odd move, where do you put Striker now? People slate him but I personally enjoy him especially compared to Lawler. Too good to just be on an odd match here and there on Superstars.

New RAW GM....Matt Striker!

I kid, that would be horrid.

• Paid Members

Matt Striker is absolutely awful. The occasional in-joke and insider reference and the odd The Smiths reference doesn't save him from being a nerdy fuckwit who contributes nothing. Is 3PW still going? If so, he can fuck off back there. If it doesn't, then he can just fuck off.

• Paid Members

I liked Striker at first, particularly during the ECW and initial Smackdown stints he had. But as Gladstone said, he's awful now. He's been awful for about twelve months now in fairness. For all the stick Michael Cole gets about being a 'distraction', Striker is the absolute worst offender in terms of distraction. His ramblings during the three man announce team stints make me cringe.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Booker as well. I recall him doing guest commentary a couple of times on Smackdown for the odd match which concerned his character or something, and he was ok. The black snow stuff was pretty funny but it's not like they're going to let him go that mental on a Smackdown broadcast is it?

Archived