Smackdown has a new announcer ...

IANdrewDiceClay

Rubbish if they've replaced Striker. Hopefully move him to Raw to make a permanent 3 man team. No idea if Booker will be any good, I've never heard anything to suggest he would or wouldn't be.

I usually agree with a lot of your views Rick, but Striker? Really?

That fake laugh and 'I'm marking out bro, I'm 7 years old again' stuff at the Rumble was just beyond awful.

Both Cole and Lawler supposedly hate working with him too.

I'm made up Striker is gone, Smackdown might be worth watching with the sound up now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rubbish if they've replaced Striker. Hopefully move him to Raw to make a permanent 3 man team. No idea if Booker will be any good, I've never heard anything to suggest he would or wouldn't be.

That fake laugh and 'I'm marking out bro, I'm 7 years old again' stuff at the Rumble was just beyond awful.

I'm made up Striker is gone, Smackdown might be worth watching with the sound up now.

I think Striker is unlucky if he has been taken off air. Cole was absolutely awful for 10 years outside a year with JBL then became entertaining for about 6 months when he sort of turned heel and then in my opinion has gone back to being shite again over the last few weeks. Lawler right up until this feud with Miz had been phoning it in for years but especially from the moment JR left to go Smackdown.

Striker can be annoying and the "I'm marking out bro" stuff was a bit cringeworthy but at least he was showing a bit of enthusiasm.

Having just watched those two videos ("BATISTA IS DOWN" and the one where he is commentating on himself), I'm convinced that Booker T on commentary can only be a good thing. It might well make Smackdown worth watching now rather than having Matt Striker's constant references to his glowing in-ring career and general flidishness ruining every single show

• Moderators
Remember when Stevie Ray was a commentator for a bit?

"He's going for the foo-plex!"

It was longer than a bit you Chicken Necked Fruit Bootys.

Straight Shootin' Stevie Ray was awesome on colour.

• Moderators

Concurrence. Booker can do a fine job as he proved on Smackdown in the King gimmick, and Black Snow.

The entire WWE announce team is beyond saving.

Bollocks. Have you forgotten Michael Hayes works there or something?

If he has a 1/10th of his big brothers natural anouncing ability this could be a decent. Just keep the bastard away from the ring.

Whats wrong with him wrestling? He would be more entertaining to watch than the entire Smackdown roster at the moment.

You obviously didn't see him wrestle in TNA. He was as entertaining as a trip to the Jobcentre.

And, if we're honest, those last few years in WWE as King Bookah - his matches were pretty dull too.

I used to be a huge fan of his, and I reckon he's still got it in him, but well.... my theory is that since Benoit died, his heart's not in it anymore.

• Paid Members

Its a great gig for anyone really. His face is on WWE TV and PPV and your on WWE money and you get all those nice bonuses from selling you gimmicks and video games. And he doesn't have to wrestle every week or go on the road. Lawler has probably the best deal on the roster, because he's on class money and he isnt under an exclusive deal and is home most of the week. Well done Booker T I say. Foley had the same deal, but he didnt like being shouted at. I bet he regrets it now, considering how his stock has dropped since he left.

You obviously didn't see him wrestle in TNA. He was as entertaining as a trip to the Jobcentre.

And, if we're honest, those last few years in WWE as King Bookah - his matches were pretty dull too.

I used to be a huge fan of his, and I reckon he's still got it in him, but well.... my theory is that since Benoit died, his heart's not in it anymore.

I think I could sort of explain. During the end of his WWE run he was obviously un-happy with Batista backstage, and was sick of being on the road. I guess he was just waiting for his contract to expire so he could do what he wanted. In TNA, I guess he just wanted some easy money by going to work every 2 weeks or so, and doing near sod all. He does have it in him, he just needs to want to, if you get me?

• Paid Members
He does have it in him, he just needs to want to, if you get me?

He's just took a job as a commentator, so he looks done as far as wrestling goes. His heart hasnt been in it for years, and even Robert Roode was dragging anything out of him. Keeping him away from the ring is probably for the best.

He does have it in him, he just needs to want to, if you get me?

He's just took a job as a commentator, so he looks done as far as wrestling goes. His heart hasnt been in it for years, and even Robert Roode was dragging anything out of him. Keeping him away from the ring is probably for the best.

I thought he was doing the mid 90s Jerry Lawler/early 2000s deal where he would commentate, as well as wrestle every known again. Not that I have a problem with him on commentary, all of the the others are awful, so his new role is greatly appreciated by me.

Archived