Smackdown has a new announcer ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a great gig for anyone really. His face is on WWE TV and PPV and your on WWE money and you get all those nice bonuses from selling you gimmicks and video games. And he doesn't have to wrestle every week or go on the road. Lawler has probably the best deal on the roster, because he's on class money and he isnt under an exclusive deal and is home most of the week. Well done Booker T I say. Foley had the same deal, but he didnt like being shouted at. I bet he regrets it now, considering how his stock has dropped since he left.

You are right about Lawler, the few veteran wrestlers I've met including Hall have all mentioned that they'd love his spot. Hall especially would be great with Raw being live :laugh:

Don't see any other thread for this week's Smackdown, but I've just watched it. Booker wasn't much cop on the commentary. The show itself wasn't Smackdown-bad, but it wasn't as entertaining as the recent good episodes have been.

The Del Rio-Kofi feud was well set up, quite an old-school feel to it. Looking forward to their singles match which will probably be on Elimination Chamber. Big Show vs Zeke seems like a decent fit for the card as well.

Vickie was absolutely fantastic in the last bit setting up next week's main event.

Anyone reckon 'It's a mark out moment!' was the straw that broke the camels back?

Hopefully. Anyone who uses the term "mark out" should be shot. Striker started using "bro" and "son" like a black surfer during the Rumble as well. And his "I'm seven years old again" comment when Diesel was in was a bit weird -- Striker was about eighteen when Diesel debuted in the WWF.

• Paid Members

I'm about halfway through this week and I don't mind Booker at all. He's easily likeable in the babyface colour man role and generally I think he comes across quite well. He doesn't overdo it and doesn't make you cringe like Striker does. The more practice he gets and the more used to the role he gets, I think he's got a bright future behind the announce desk.

• Paid Members
Don't see any other thread for this week's Smackdown, but I've just watched it. Booker wasn't much cop on the commentary. The show itself wasn't Smackdown-bad, but it wasn't as entertaining as the recent good episodes have been.

The Del Rio-Kofi feud was well set up, quite an old-school feel to it. Looking forward to their singles match which will probably be on Elimination Chamber. Big Show vs Zeke seems like a decent fit for the card as well.

Vickie was absolutely fantastic in the last bit setting up next week's main event.

Anyone reckon 'It's a mark out moment!' was the straw that broke the camels back?

Hopefully. Anyone who uses the term "mark out" should be shot. Striker started using "bro" and "son" like a black surfer during the Rumble as well. And his "I'm seven years old again" comment when Diesel was in was a bit weird -- Striker was about eighteen when Diesel debuted in the WWF.

As much as Striker annoys me on occasion, he was probably just referencing the child-like joy aspect rather than specifically his childhood watching WWF.

Although I could be wrong.

Oh and Big Zeke is fucking MONEY.

I actualy gave this week's Smackdown a chance, so that I could see Booker T back. I really actualy enjoyed it, and was much better than Raw as well. Kelly Kelly was doing some good acting, Edge was back to being good, Dolph Ziggler was good on the mic, and Vickie had me screaming at the screen to shut up. You could say she is the best heel in the buisness today. The matches were really fun as well, and didn't go on for the amount of time they usualy do (which is what bores me). Booker T was great on commentatry as well, becuase he was so normal. He didn't sound like he was a commentator from the video game, he just sounded like a normal bloke talking about a real sport like NFL or something like that. I've put a series link back on Smackdown, so hopefully the writing won't let me down again.

I actualy gave this week's Smackdown a chance, so that I could see Booker T back. I really actualy enjoyed it, and was much better than Raw as well. Kelly Kelly was doing some good acting, Edge was back to being good, Dolph Ziggler was good on the mic, and Vickie had me screaming at the screen to shut up. You could say she is the best heel in the buisness today. The matches were really fun as well, and didn't go on for the amount of time they usualy do (which is what bores me). Booker T was great on commentatry as well, becuase he was so normal. He didn't sound like he was a commentator from the video game, he just sounded like a normal bloke talking about a real sport like NFL or something like that. I've put a series link back on Smackdown, so hopefully the writing won't let me down again.

Yeah I loved Booker T, give him a few weeks and he'll be great, I think they need a bit of time for chemistry to develop between Cole, Matthews and him. Also Kelly Kelly, needs more mic time, I thought she was great, and obviously she is an absolute ride so fair enough Smackdown.

Edge could be hitting his stride again, I'm really happy. I love Edge but he's been so poor over the past year.

Archived