Mistico to WWE

$tew

• Paid Members
Everyone seems to have the idea Mistico needs to start in the lower card.

He doesn't, but he'll end up there and that's the problem. The fact that people are using phrases like 'lower card' illustrates the problem with WWE's booking of the midcarders right now, particularly on Smackdown. Guys like Zack Ryder and Primo have nothing to do. If there was two sets of tag-belts, they could go on DZP. Mark Henry and Evan Bourne could have got a run. As is, The IC and US Titles are already essentially props to keep Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston over whilst they do jobs for people getting main-event pushes. The midcarders need more props.

They sure as hell don't need more props. They need to make better use of the props they currently have. Both sets of mid-card titles are currently an afterthought, when they really should and could have been re-established after the runs of The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. The titles really, actually played little part in either of them getting over and didn't serve as an adequate test for and establish them as main event ready like they should have.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Del Rio as I said if Mistico was a heel would be the perfect ally building off thier "history" so that wouldn't matter either.

What history do they have? I know next to nothing about Mexican wrestling.

I've got quite a few Mexican shows on DVD but its hard to take it in without understanding spanish so nothing sticks, but I put history in "s because if they don't have any history they can easily say they went through stuff together in the locker room, or on the road back in Mexico, so it doesn't even need to be storyline history.

So if nobody can understand whether or not they have history or whether they have history and the WWE can just make up that they have history, why dont WWE just bring Silver King and El Dandy in and say they are Del Rio's Dad and Uncle?

el%20dandy.jpg

Would be no different than saying Edge and Christian are brothers just because theyre both Canadian. Don't think we're supposed to remember that anymore though.

• Moderators

So they could just as easily say then, that Del Rio and Mistico have a hatred from Mexico, which would probably be better for WWE's coffers having a face Mistico, after he's learned English and become a bit more WWEified.

Or, we could just get Los Fabs and sack off Mistico.

So they could just as easily say then, that Del Rio and Mistico have a hatred from Mexico, which would probably be better for WWE's coffers having a face Mistico, after he's learned English and become a bit more WWEified.

Which was part of my original point. Most people on here seem set on the idea Mistico will have to feud with jobbers because no one in the upper card can match his style while he adapts. I gave ideas for how Mistico could fit in the top level either as a face or a heel with Del Rio being a perfect opponent if he was brought in as a face.

• Paid Members
Del Rio as I said if Mistico was a heel would be the perfect ally building off thier "history" so that wouldn't matter either.

What history do they have? I know next to nothing about Mexican wrestling.

None, I don't think. Which is surprising given they were both big names in CMLL- however they were both Technicos for the majority of their CMLL tenures. Plus they were in a separate weight class to each other and spent a lot of the time as champions of their respective classes. That said, I don't think they teamed up much (if at all), either.

• Paid Members
Did they wrestle much either then? Who's to say their styles would even mesh well?

Well this is it, they might have absolute stinkers if they hook up- it's the way things go sometimes. Can't presume all Mexican workers have good matches with each other, after all it's hard to get two American wrestlers to mesh well.

Looking at Mistico, he reminds me very much of Mysterio circa 95-97- with the grace of Hayabusa in his prime.

I doubt they'd want to overdo it on the lucha front. They need to make him seem special, not one of many.

Well the rumours are there were 3 others from CMLL who tried out with Mistico and there's a few in developmental so who knows what their plan is.

I really, really can't see them bringing him in as a heel. He's about 160lbs soaking wet, spends more time flying around than on the mat, and is going to be wearing a mask with potential to = $. You can't really bring someone like that into a heavyweight roster as anything other than an underdog face.

He'll surely come in as some ally of Rey Jr.

Archived