Mistico to WWE

$tew

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I really don't see anyone on the roster he can actually feud with, or who would compliment his style.

Especially heel wise.

Alberto Del Rio, a PERFECT oponent.

Del Rio is main event material, Mistico will be nowhere near that level for a while. Plus why would they have him go over one of the finest heels in the company so soon?

Until he reaches that level I don't see where he fits, which may in turn mean he never reaches that level.

I really don't see anyone on the roster he can actually feud with, or who would compliment his style.

Especially heel wise.

Del Rio is main event material, Mistico will be nowhere near that level for a while. Plus why would they have him go over one of the finest heels in the company so soon?

Until he reaches that level I don't see where he fits, which may in turn mean he never reaches that level.

I actually tend to agree with that. I have no idea what they'll do with him, and he's so small and 'un-filled-out' unlike Rey that i can't see things being anything other than awkward looking against your typical 250lb, 6'3'' WWE star. If it was 5 or 6 years ago it would have been perfect as you had the likes of Jericho, Benoit, Eddy and a whole host of cruiserweights. Nowadays, Chavo Jr would possibly be the most suitable first feud, but he's fell so far down the ranks he has no credibility at all nowadays. Tyson kidd's probably in the same boat.

I'd rather look on the bright side now though. maybe they'll bring up the other Mystico, maybe Alberto Rodrigues will turn out good, maybe they'll sign up some more guys from Mexico, maybe they'll hire more new guys, or rehire someone like Kaval and turn him heel, who knows......

It makes it all the more intriguing, as they're clearly planning something for him.

This just shows you how bad WWE has messed up in recent years. Rather than admitting things happen outside thier walls, everyone who comes in has to be a rookie on NXT or a nobody on the main roster. Almost all the good debuts were the ones with hype videos building up to that to make people actually care about someone coming in and care going forward, then years went by and no one got that threatment. It looked like they were going to come back with Hade Vansen but he got released then they tried it again with Del Rio, and look what happened. Ok its a depleted roster but in less than a year hes a believable main eventer because he wasn't just another generic guy who showed up one day. Since they've gone through the effort of a press conference and web publicity with Mistico you have to believe he will get the star treatment from the off as they realise theres money in him at least with the latino population.

As much as theres a good point to occasionally ignoring the outside world to make yourself look stronger when someone with real star quality comes along they don't need to be hidden in FCW until thats forgotten then brought up with a new name and being used as "guy whos looking to break in to the business and thats all there is to him so you dont care about him #874."

• Paid Members

To be fair, its because virtually everyone outside of WWE isn't a name. There are very few that could make an impact on name value alone. Mistico has name value (within their Latino fanbase, at least) so its no wonder they're treating this signing as something special.

Especially heel wise.

Didn't Mysterio start feuding with Kurt Angle soon after starting on Smackdown? And didn't the feud start by Mysterio pinning Angle in a tag match?

That said Mysterio spent his first few years in the WWE primarily in the cruiserweight and tag divisions, neither of which really exist now in any serious form.

• Paid Members

Especially heel wise.

Didn't Mysterio start feuding with Kurt Angle soon after starting on Smackdown? And didn't the feud start by Mysterio pinning Angle in a tag match?

That said Mysterio spent his first few years in the WWE primarily in the cruiserweight and tag divisions, neither of which really exist now in any serious form.

Completely different, Rey had spent 7 years in the US before making his WWF/E debut, he knew the US style inside out, he was an established star in wCw where he was extremely over, even after taking his mask off and looking like a 12 year school girl with a skinhead after a nit infection.

And other than that initial Tag Team success look at who he really fought to build his success:

Chavo Guerrero

Taijiri

Jamie Noble

Shannon Moore

Crash Holly

Culminating in Matt Hardy

He also had Spike Dudley and Billy Kidman who he could easily have matches with, not really Lucha Libre matches, more like 1st Hour of Nitro matches, like he'd been having since he went to ECW.

I look at the roster at the moment, and there's really no lower card smaller guy that's over as a heel for Mistico to actually go against, other than possibly Justin Gabriel.

I don't think we're in complete disagreement here. You're saying Del Rio is too high up the card to work with Sin Cara, but that clearly isn't the case as the Kurt Angle example illustrates. And Del Rio would be the perfect guy to help Sin Cara transition to WWE style (And Del Rio didn't spend that long in FCW). But we both agree that the problem comes later. It's the same problem that Evan Bourne has - every so often he'll go over somebody from the upper midcard (e.g. Jericho) but they don't have a cruiserweight division or an active enough tag division for him to tread water between mini-pushes so he essentially will always be a jobber. Although they still won't be booked well and people will complain the belts don't mean anything, it is actually time to bring back the World Tag Titles (I'd prefer a 6 Man Tag Title) and Cruiserweight Title.

• Paid Members
it is actually time to bring back the Cruiserweight Title.

Here I'm possibly in agreement, Mistico will get the belt over by a country mile. Yoshi Tatsu will have something to fight over as well as others. If they were to do something like this I feel it should be able to cover both brands, allowing a small part of the roster to be set aside for curtain jerker matches on RAW and Smackdown it an non brand specific division of Junior Heavyweights.

This of course will never happen, but it could, and it could work at the same time.

The crusierweight title match used to be an awesome PPV opener, its really easy to book too, you dont even have to have a story half the time, just stick 4 lads out there and let the jump around, the crowd will be loving it :laugh:

Nah seriously though, it was a decent division, and they have a lot of talent that could use the belt to get over, just off my head theres, Evan Bourne, Yoshi Tatsu, Chavo Guerrero, Mistico obviously, Justin Gabriel and Primo, plenty there to start with.

• Paid Members

Not a bad shout there really. Exciting Nitro-esque opening matches across both brands could have been the perfect tool to get Bourne, Kaval, and others really on the map and a reason to be there.

Will be interesting to see how this develops for sure. So far, things point towards them treating and wanting him to be a 'big deal, fairly quickly' much like his Mexican mate. And the timing gives me the impression vignettes of some sort will start airing after 'Mania (but i'm wondering if there will be any/enough footage for WWE to use, so will be interesting what sort of vignettes are made in of itself) with him debuting on the Smackdown in Mexico in May to a massive reaction, instantly making him appear a big deal to any other fans watching.

What will also be interesting though, is how he's received by the rest of the audience with Mysterio around and how Mysterio and his status is affected. Mistico could massively outshine Mysterio with regard speed and flashy spots/offence. Others could be told to tone it down and not take the focus off their big name Mysterio but, Mistico's probably going to be encouraged to do so as many see him being groomed as a replacement to Mysterio in many respects and as i said, it appears as though WWE want to present him as a bigger deal than most upon debut.

Everyone seems to have the idea Mistico needs to start in the lower card. What I was saying is he's had the hype of an outside star, he's going to be brought in as an outside star, why would he needs to be brought in against a mid carder. Near the top of the Card he has Del Rio to work with straight away. They can communicate in matches while Mistico learns English. After that he could go with Ziggler, OK not a Main Eventer but depending on how he's used the next few months he could be by then he's on the verge now. Thats if he's brought in as a face. While he's learning English he doesn't need promos or facials with the mask all he has to do is stand there and hit someone from behind and he's a heel. First feud with Edge with Del Rio in occasional tag matches to help him in the ring, second feud with Rey to send him packing. Theres no need for him to start with guys like Primo and Justin Gabriel when he could instantly be used in main events.

Archived