WWE Raw 24/1/11 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

To rescue this thread from it being turned into a Welsh Mastubatorium, the Sharpshooter Natalya won with last night had to be horrifically painful (although a great visual considering their brief feud). I mean I know Melina has, probably best described as a "flexible body", but that had to hurt bad, not to mention suffocating.

Yeah, I've gave a crap about a Diva's match.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
When they announced the battle for #40 at the beginning and then 3 jabroni's jogged down, I knew Edge would win.

We all did. Worrying isn't it, when those three can look like losers when Swagger is a former World Champion, McIntyre had a lengthy Intercontinental title reign, was previously positioned as Vince's chosen one and currently has a storyline going on, and Tyson.. ok, is a jabroni. He looked so out of place there it hurt.

Also the short inconsequential six-person made DiBiase look even more worthless, Maryse was just a prop and did Fox even tag in?

Still, the Edge/Miz match was decent enough. Expect a big "Kane throws everyone out" on the go-home SmackDown.

To rescue this thread from it being turned into a Welsh Mastubatorium, the Sharpshooter Natalya won with last night had to be horrifically painful (although a great visual considering their brief feud). I mean I know Melina has, probably best described as a "flexible body", but that had to hurt bad, not to mention suffocating.

A cardinal sin round these parts mate. ;)

Yeah, it looked pretty cool. Am wondering whether LayCools rematch might lead to the debut of one Ms Kong at the Rumble.

A cardinal sin round these parts mate. ;)

Yeah, it looked pretty cool. Am wondering whether LayCools rematch might lead to the debut of one Ms Kong at the Rumble.

I wondered, as they didn't actually say it would be either of them facing Natalya. They just said the championship would become flawless again. We'll see I guess.

I was relieved that the main event didn't turn into a "we're all in it together, let's get Cena lol" screwjob. Punk, Barrett and Cena were good throughout the show.

The Bellas were terrible again, Gail Kim was even worse, but the writing of that scene was alright. The Bellas having nothing to do without the guest stars and Gail being a useless afterthought was good stuff.

Didn't think much of Edge vs Miz. Edge moves like the Undertaker at times, it's obvious he's pretty banged up. The commentary was really good in that match.

Maryse is awesome. The sooner she gets away from DiBiase and back into prominence as a singles performer, the better.

That Morrison/Henry vs Sheamus/Del Rio tag match wasn't much cop. I don't think it did anything at all for anyone except Del Rio, and it didn't do much for him. There should've been more of a push towards the Rumble for Morrison and Sheamus this week instead of them all just being in a random, throwaway tag match.

• Paid Members

This Mason Ryan stuff better not roll into another 'Welsh masturbatory' craze. Its bad enough if we have to put up with it for one week, let alone the three weeks it takes for the Welsh posters to realise he's just as bloody useless as Terry...

• Paid Members
Pah! Mason Ryan is bendigedig! Far better than Terry (and Rob Mawr is ace!), and the rest of the WWE roster. He'll be Champ by years end.

Fair play for avoiding the expletives. I actually don't doubt hell be champion by the years end but think his striking similarity to Batista (while a good thing in the eyes of management) will turn fans off. Nobody liked replacement Ramon and Diesel after all...

• Moderators
Pah! Mason Ryan is bendigedig! Far better than Terry (and Rob Mawr is ace!), and the rest of the WWE roster. He'll be Champ by years end.

Fair play for avoiding the expletives. I actually don't doubt hell be champion by the years end but think his striking similarity to Batista (while a good thing in the eyes of management) will turn fans off. Nobody liked replacement Ramon and Diesel after all...

My mistake. He's fucking top, la!

They should feed him small folk every week. Hawkins and Tyson Kidd and that one off the Dudebusters who's not sacked.

My mistake. He's fucking top, la!

They should feed him small folk every week. Hawkins and Tyson Kidd and that one off the Dudebusters who's not sacked.

And a returning Evan Bourne, and Kaval.

Pretty decent Raw this week. Can't be bothered to do a proper writeup on an iPhone with low battery so here's some thoughts about the show...

Edge's opening promo about waiting was gash, what is it about faces in the WWE being forced to say stupid irrelevant shit like this? There was a million things Edge could have said, why did it have to be that?

I guess the Bellas are going to turn heel and get someone to beat up Daniel Bryan. He hasn't had a proper feud since winning the US Title so I'd wager that whoever the Bellas get will probably be the next US Champion.

Mason Ryan looks eerily like Batista.

CM Punk and The Nexus continue to be the only reason I bother watching any WWE programming. Husky Harris almost single handedly destroying the tag champs was glorious, I'm really high on Husky and I think he could be a huge deal if he's nurtured now.

Whose cornflakes did Tyson Kidd shit in? His feud with DH Smith never happened, his solo career appears to have died a death and now his bodyguard has vanished. But hey, at least he's on TV at all, right?

I liked the Corre/Nexus standoff and I'm glad they didn't take the easy way out and made them have a brawl, let's save that for a special occasion.

Speaking of The Corre, how much of a twat did Barrett look when he told the world that he respected Cena then Cena refused to count his pinfalls in the Punk/Barrett match. Cena mentioning that Raw "is a PG show" for the second week running was kinda amusing but I was quite pissed when Cena didn't suffer a nine on one beatdown as he totally had it coming.

The Miz will beat Orton at the Rumble. How do I know? Because everyone keeps saying that Miz has no chance of beating Orton. When a wrestler has "no chance to win" that usually means they will.

I'm on my knees begging not to have to endure another Orton/Cena match. Please, please, please don't do it Vince!

Archived