What's your Watch?

Murtz

On 6/1/2020 at 10:09 AM, MPDTT said:

I liked @BigJag's watch box, so I ordered one.....as well as the Tissot Seastar 1000 Powermatic 80 from Jomashop. I need to stop online shopping during lockdown! I think this will be my last watch purchase until I can afford the TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16, but that's over 3 grand and this one was just over 300. Maybe that will be a 40th birthday present to myself!

T120.407.11.051.00_1.png

I like your optimism of being able to treat yourself once a baby arrives 😂

• Paid Members

Garmin Forerunner 735XT. Unlike my last shit watch the unit has native GPS and has space for a bunch of apps and other gubbins. It only lacks in tracing sleep movement.

735xt.jpg

p.s. FUCK SHITBIT.

Edited by seph

I've also been a smartwatch man for a few years. Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy with all sorts of beautiful straps, but I've also got the TicWatch Pro, Samsung S3, a couple of Fossils. No point in posting any photos in this thread though because they look different every day and would embarrass the tick-tock fools.

I have 1 smart watch in my collection - a Huawei Watch 2 Classic. I'm no fitness freak, but I do like 2 features - inbuilt NFC so I can pay for stuff without getting my phone or wallet out and also handy for skipping through music on the tube when I want to keep my phone in my pocket.

I have a £80 Hugo Boss watch and even then I felt it was a bit much to be spending and was in a sale.

All this talk of hundreds and thousands for a watch baffles me. I can understand spending a bit more for a smart watch but anything above £50 for a watch just seems extravagant to me. You rich fuckers. 

• Paid Members

That Action Man watch is quality. 

As regards to Android watches. If you have an android phone then go for an android watch. I have heard good things about them and they can be acquired quite cheaply. Definitely worth doing a bit of research on them. 

I've had a couple of Fitbits. Overall I've been unimpressed by their build quality. Mine has fallen apart. The strap won't attach to the watch. The display no longer works. It does however still record fitness data. That data can be monitored in the Fitbit app on my phone. I currently wear it under a wrist sweatband. They're overpriced for what they do. I'm fortunate that it was a gift and I didn't have to spend money on it.

Their customer service isn't bad. When mine began falling apart they sent me out a replacement, they didn't ask for the old one back. The replacement was a different model. They then sent me out the correct replacement model. I now had my original falling apart Fitbit, the incorrect replacement, and the correct replacement.  I tried using the correct replacement one for a while. Unfortunately it would cause a rash on my wrist. This was due to them having changed some of the materials used on the pulse reader. I passed that one onto my nephew. The incorrect replacement went to another nephew. And I'm still using the original falling apart one.

3 hours ago, Ralphy said:

On the subject of watches, are android based watches any good? Wouldn't mind something to help track my sleep, steps, heart rate etc

Have a look at the Huawei Watch GT 2. I think it looks great!

On 6/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, Joe Blog said:

I like your optimism of being able to treat yourself once a baby arrives 😂

Having just looked at the prices of a buggy and a car seat for the first time, I take your point! At least they are free to feed for the first 6 months!

On 6/20/2020 at 6:45 AM, BigJag said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/business/wristwatches-racecars.html#click=https://t.co/O79eZLKCF8

A little article about the crazy world of high end watches. A Tourbillon is like a flux capacitor for watches.

Some of the worlds most expensive watches are as ugly as they come! Who would buy some of these:

richard-mille-rm11-01-mancini-transparen

$167,000

Hublot Big Bang King Power Black Dial Ceramic Men's Watch

$140,000

But the worst has to be the Hublot Mp 05 Laferrari - this watch is on sale at Jomashop for $248,400!!

Hublot Mp 05 Laferrari 50 Days Power Reserve Men's Watch 905.NX ...