What's your Watch?

Murtz

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Good timing.. I will be getting this watch next weekend from my wife's parents next weekend when I get married. It is super sweet; I am very pleased -

2827-pc5-20001-1.jpghttp://cdn.thewatchgallery.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/460x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/8/2827-pc5-20001-1.jpg]

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I was rocking a basic Timex steel digital watch up until recently. Not big on watches.

What are people's thoughts on the Apple Watch? This may not be the thread for it, but can anyone explain to me why the fuck I'd want one of those? Maybe I'm finally starting to get to the age where new technology baffles me.

Yeah they're awful things. I don't know how they can be the future when they look so tacky and outdated. Just Googled the Apple watch again and it looks like something that would've been cool and cutting edge in the 90's. It'd have been different if they brought it out alongside the first iPhones but I don't know what purpose they serve now.

• Paid Members

I know a few people with smart watches and all have said that after the first few weeks of using it for calls/texts/camera, they now just use it as a watch. Which kinda defeats the point of it.

• Paid Members

I'm currently rocking another one from Tokyo Flash. This time it's the Pimp. It's pretty stylish, but it eats through batteries as it does a full LED display every two minutes between 6pm and 1am, as this is "Pimp Time". It also means you have to keep it in another room if you go to bed before 1am as it'll light up the room.

pimp1_zpscepube9j.jpg

pimp2_zpsjop6hnec.jpg

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watch_museum/pimp/pimpinainteasyss/

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I don't know anybody that likes the idea of Apple Watches or any other smartwatch/wearable tech for that matter. Maybe it is an age thing, but I like to think it's a matter of taste too. The Apple one in particular is a fucking horrible looking piece of kit.

Just saw the new adverts for the shitty Apple Watch and had to find a thread to vent- thankfully you've already started in here.

What a load of fucking shit. Two major gripes with it:

A) What's the fucking point?

B) It looks like shit. A watch is jewellery- it's meant to be personal.

I can see this being a novelty hit with teenagers, but why an actual grown-up would ever want one (other than having a sick, compulsive need to get the newest Apple product at any given moment) I'll never know.

Burn the lot of them, the abominations.

Edited by PunkStep