The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators
Edit - On Nathan Barley:

I really need to check those again; haven't seen them since my original viewing. I still don't understand why a lot of folk hated that show.

I think it's down to expectations that some people have of Chris Morris. A bunch of people I know felt let down by Four Lions in that respect. They're definitely wrong though, and I've had that argument a lot in the last few months!

The thing with Nathan Barley is that it really isn't a Chris Morris show. It's based on a Charlie Brooker character and you can tell that the bulk of the content is written by him as well. The dialogue is very "Brooker".

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commando and The Running Man were watched almost daily in my mid teens. I actually have 5 copies of Commando (1 recorded video, 1 VHS, 2 DVDs amd Blu Ray) and I know every line from both those movies.

Also, stuff hair of the dog, a fry up or any other hangover cure, either of those 2 movies are the perfect pick me up when you feel like death.

EDIT: Also Father Ted. The greatest comedy show ever made in my opinion. Every episode is still brilliant 15 years on. I almost feel bad for laughing at Ardol O'Hanlon in the episodes as he has been total and utter shit in everything else I've ever seen him. (My Hero and his diabolical showing on Whose Line is it Anyway?)

• Paid Members

i always wonder how i managed to watch the same things over and over again when i was younger, its probably due to the fact that i only had so much stuff, but Beetlejuice, both Bill & Ted movies, Rocky 4, Commando and a good amount of the Bottom episodes i can quote nearly everything from.

Archived