worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

wow, the shit hit the fan in this thread.....

first of all. hey DKJ, slagging off a promoter is the best way to make friends and be a true professional. well done on that.

but, dart. getting a great reaction out the crowd (minus negative chants and x-pac heat booing) is THE way of showing a match is good, it shows your doing your job right if the paying crowd are into the match.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll think you will find Whisky Jim that I didn't slag off the promoter. I laughed at what was somones opinion of his promotion and because of that he started to slag me off.

Mr Knightmare I thank you for your words.

No, he didn't. He simply made everyone aware that you are a former trainee of LDN, and that you weren't deemed good enough for shows, and instead of working harder and progressing, you left. Your comment, 'laughing' at someone's opinion, was

I like this guy lol

I laughed at The Dart exposing you, but I didn't post a little 'lol'.

Are 'Premier' still going. I saw them in Gosport years ago (probably 2004), and the ring was horrendous (some guy was actually trying to tighten the ropes as the matches were on), and it was a terrible show (my gf and i left 1/2 way through). I best rememebr it for the Rajah Ghosh vs Simmonz match when Simmonz totally potched a running powerslam and dumped Ghosh on his swede.

Are 'Premier' still going. I saw them in Gosport years ago (probably 2004), and the ring was horrendous (some guy was actually trying to tighten the ropes as the matches were on), and it was a terrible show (my gf and i left 1/2 way through). I best rememebr it for the Rajah Ghosh vs Simmonz match when Simmonz totally potched a running powerslam and dumped Ghosh on his swede.

Premier are still going very strong in fact I went to see them in a packed Bournemouth Pavillion on Monday. While I know they have had there share of sloppy shows, they have more often than not provided an excellent show for how they do things and shouldnt be mentioned in this thread.

The only negatives are niggly ones I dont like but quite honestly respect. John Freemantle works extremely hard as a one man band in terms of merchandise sales, ring announcing and booking the show however he is a little dull as the MC. There is always a standard format of 4 matches which sometimes makes matches have to drag longer than they should. Thats it for criticisim. If you dont like world of sport style then Premier will never be your thing

Positives are that quite often the show does feel like a traditional show from the 70's . They have a very nice ring now.with there own branding. The show can really be enjoyed by all as its not too kid orientated or too violent.

More often than not the talent is 90% top notch UK guys, to name some current and alumni UK wrestlers - Doug Williams Jonny Storm, Mark Haskins, Joel Redman, Kris Kay, Zack Sabre JR, Andy Simmons, Phil Powers, Robbie Brookside, Jonny Kidd, Mark Sloane the list goes on.

I have also seen a wealth of international talent used by them in the past in matches that other promotions wouldnt think to book. The Best ever premier show I went to was also my first Premier show. Potters Bar 2004, the line up was almost what some promoters would call a supershow. Colt Cabana Vs Johnny Kidd (2004/2005 Match of the Year IIRC), Paul Birchall vs Kendo Kashin, Dave Taylor Vs Robbie Brookside and Phil Powers Vs Andy Simmons. Im sure there was another match with the UK pitbulls in but I cannot remeber for sure.

Anyways they are not my favorite promotions but they do have so much going for them that they could never be called the UKs worst promotion

Is this the JWF you are talking aboooot?

If so, this hilarious "highlight" video says it all. They picked all these bits (I can only assume) because they are the 'good' bits, yet they are full of botchamania level shitness...

video

This video made me pissed off and wishing pain on them, but I did get enjoyment out of the "moonsault" at 2:50. Awesome. Watch the collateral damage video (or just skip to the end) they advertise their website about WRESTING

Is this the JWF you are talking aboooot?

If so, this hilarious "highlight" video says it all. They picked all these bits (I can only assume) because they are the 'good' bits, yet they are full of botchamania level shitness...

video

This video made me pissed off and wishing pain on them, but I did get enjoyment out of the "moonsault" at 2:50. Awesome. Watch the collateral damage video (or just skip to the end) they advertise their website about WRESTING

The masked ref made them lose the 1% of credibility they had! Check out the clouds in the sky, even the big fella upstairs was getting pissed off! :laugh:

Premier are still going very strong in fact I went to see them in a packed Bournemouth Pavillion on Monday. While I know they have had there share of sloppy shows, they have more often than not provided an excellent show for how they do things and shouldnt be mentioned in this thread.

The only negatives are niggly ones I dont like but quite honestly respect. John Freemantle works extremely hard as a one man band in terms of merchandise sales, ring announcing and booking the show however he is a little dull as the MC. There is always a standard format of 4 matches which sometimes makes matches have to drag longer than they should. Thats it for criticisim. If you dont like world of sport style then Premier will never be your thing

Positives are that quite often the show does feel like a traditional show from the 70's . They have a very nice ring now.with there own branding. The show can really be enjoyed by all as its not too kid orientated or too violent.

More often than not the talent is 90% top notch UK guys, to name some current and alumni UK wrestlers - Doug Williams Jonny Storm, Mark Haskins, Joel Redman, Kris Kay, Zack Sabre JR, Andy Simmons, Phil Powers, Robbie Brookside, Jonny Kidd, Mark Sloane the list goes on.

I have also seen a wealth of international talent used by them in the past in matches that other promotions wouldnt think to book. The Best ever premier show I went to was also my first Premier show. Potters Bar 2004, the line up was almost what some promoters would call a supershow. Colt Cabana Vs Johnny Kidd (2004/2005 Match of the Year IIRC), Paul Birchall vs Kendo Kashin, Dave Taylor Vs Robbie Brookside and Phil Powers Vs Andy Simmons. Im sure there was another match with the UK pitbulls in but I cannot remeber for sure.

Anyways they are not my favorite promotions but they do have so much going for them that they could never be called the UKs worst promotion

You got the lineup for that Potters Bar show right, but there was no UK Pitbulls match, you must be thinking of another show at the venue. I was at that show, it was one of the best British shows I've ever been to.

Agreed, not every Premier lineup is amazing, but there's definetly no way they can be mentioned as even close to worst wrestling company in the UK. No way.

• Paid Members

Is Brawl still going? My first ever private message on here was someone threatening me when I slagged off one of their shows. The very definition of a bad indy show. 5 matches, 4 of them were for titles, everyone in shiny pants and black vests, every heel came to the ring throwing water at the crowd and every single match was irish whip-spot-irish whip-spot then 5 finishing moves in a row

Archived