worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Personally i havent got any beef with PS. This is a free forum and people are free to emote how they wish. With that said, i DO think that it would be in HIS best interest to just let things go, and acknowledge the general consensus that PTW, are and were sh*t, and that sometimes no matter how much you believe in something it doesn't make it defendable, nor should people pm people threatening because of there opinion. I would add that some people like attention wether it is good or bad (bit like Katie Price really) and the only way to nullify that is by sheer indifference and lack of acknowledgement

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'After Hours' a few years ago at Sports Cafe.

I'd have been happier lighting a tenner and watching it burn. The ref was mouthing off at the crowd, cocked up the count in the last man standing match and ruined the finish and a pint was thrown at the member of the audience by the promoter.

A class act.

every after hours show ive been to has been amazing. dont remember this happening tho.

worst companys i know of in britain are kingdom wrestling allience run by dave kidney who u may remember had an embarressing documentary on bbc

and theres a company called night of wrestling which is pretty piss poor that run out of port glasgow who actually use some good guys but most of the card is saturated with shit

Had forgotten about the KWA, still think JWF are the worst. That they're using a sprayed hubcap with marker pen shows just how much value that company has! surprised considering how much the JWF loves the net im surprised not one of that bunch has appeared on here to defend it.

and theres a company called night of wrestling which is pretty piss poor that run out of port glasgow who actually use some good guys but most of the card is saturated with shit

So not true.

Gotta agree here- to say that NOW is one of the worst promotions in the whole of Britain is a long way off. NOW are a small, local company using both very experienced and very new talent, trained by some of the best in Scotland, while allowing inexperienced guys get decent ring time in front of HOT crowds- not 3 men and a dog in some skanky park.

Personally i havent got any beef with PS. This is a free forum and people are free to emote how they wish. With that said, i DO think that it would be in HIS best interest to just let things go, and acknowledge the general consensus that PTW, are and were sh*t, and that sometimes no matter how much you believe in something it doesn't make it defendable, nor should people pm people threatening because of there opinion. I would add that some people like attention wether it is good or bad (bit like Katie Price really) and the only way to nullify that is by sheer indifference and lack of acknowledgement

I've accepted people have their views. All I've asked for recently, and that's only on the occasions I come on here (contrary to belief, I genuinely hand on heart do not troll here at all and only look when people tell me that I've been mentioned, I chose to take the advice of people on here, and others in my life, and stopped letting it get to me), all I have asked for is for PTW to be judged on today; preferably 2011, and not 2007/8. That is literally the only thing I would like from people on here, whether they like me or don't (though I get bitterly frustrated to be judged on rumour), for PTW to be judged on today. I've only come back now and again, to defend myself, admittedly I often wonder why I bother deep down, but eventually you hit a point where the comments get a bit too personal and unnecessary in my opinion. I also appreciate my 'coming and going' hasn't been ideal, as I've just allowed myself to get sucked back in to reply a bit too often. Hands up to that, I know it's not been the best move.

It does frustrate me more than anything, as whilst I'm the first to agree that it's not the best show in the country, PTW is by no means as bad as what people who have their own reasons and agenda to bring it down, want to claim that it is. I appreciate that PTW isn't everyone's cup of tea, the ideas and offbeat humour is a bit different, that I've been guilty of giving more opportunity than has sometimes been deserved, and I accept every single bit of criticism I deserved for standing by my belief of booking one particular person as a wrestler when I shouldn't have to the level that I did. My intentions were decent, as it was generally meant as an example to people that disability wasn't something to be discriminated against, and should be given a chance to; but it was misread, and clearly I made a mistake that I hold my hands up to. My getting in the ring from a wrestling standpoint wasn't the greatest idea of my life either, and I realise I should have stuck to being a character and/or managing at the most.

As for the other side of it, I've said out loud often, and wished many a time that people would stop talking about me on here, the 'attention' from here that I accept I used to find quite amusing in many ways and often be silly enough to provoke, really doesn't appeal to me anymore. People are allowed to change their attitudes, and those of you that read that long winded post from me properly would see that whatever their view on me prior to recently, my personal life has changed me for a lot of reasons (some not posted), and I'm trying to make amends in a lot of ways for it. Whether that's accepted, is up to yourself, but the intentions are genuine.

Poor lads in a bit of a no win, to get slagged off, called a cunt then called a twat for responding is a bit much. And to be fair, why shouldn't he if he reckons he has a point? The idea that slagging people on here is fine but them defending themself is unprofessional and makes them look a twat is a hugely unfair and self serving piece o bolllocks.

That said pwt may be complete shite, I really don't know, but I fail to see how you can give him jip for standing up for his product if he believes in it.

NoW definately aren't a promotion I would be racing to see, but if they're in a nearby place like Boglestone or Port Glasgow, I'd normally consider it. Not awful. Not great. I'll settle for some of both.

Agreed. NOW aren't going to have WWE quaking in their boots any time soon, but they put on a small fun show, the crowds I've seen there love it, and thats the intention so everyones happy.

Poor lads in a bit of a no win, to get slagged off, called a cunt then called a twat for responding is a bit much. And to be fair, why shouldn't he if he reckons he has a point? The idea that slagging people on here is fine but them defending themself is unprofessional and makes them look a twat is a hugely unfair and self serving piece o bolllocks.

That said pwt may be complete shite, I really don't know, but I fail to see how you can give him jip for standing up for his product if he believes in it.

Because you can believe in something and still be wrong...Which is not to say I'm referring to PWT here, I just mean in general.

Oh you can point out someone's wrong, but people are saying the mere act of defending your wrestling promotion makes you look like a twat. As though this forum has the god given right to slag off without any sort of counter argument from the involved parties.

And that does seem a bit bollocks.

Oh you can point out someone's wrong, but people are saying the mere act of defending your wrestling promotion makes you look like a twat. As though this forum has the god given right to slag off without any sort of counter argument from the involved parties.

And that does seem a bit bollocks.

on the other hand this isnt called the 'U.K. Uppity Easily Offended Promoter Should Probably Have Better Things To Do With Their Time Forum' its the UK Fan Forum for fans of wrestling to discuss their opinions on it. any promoter worth his salt may pay attention to whats being said on here but ultimately not give a flying fuck.... petey will probably claim he doesnt care but he seems to rush to his defence with rants every three months when the subject of his promotion being crap comes up.

Why would he not care though? You run a promotion, it's being slagged off, you're being called a cunt, why should you be above responding? Promotors, people in general will care if they're being slagged off. Mark sloan's on here a fair bit, and if he was being slagged off he'd probably defend himself. Now granted mark does really good shit, so he probably wouldn't get slagged off.

But the act of defending himself, in and of itself, wouldn't be seen and indeed couldn't be seen as proof he's a promotor with too much time on his hands who should know better. Same when shane did it, and to be fair to this staniforth fella, same for him.

Now, that doesn't mean his products any good, or that he's not a cunt, both of things might be very true indeed. But responding to people saying such things can't make either of those any more true, there is nothing inherantly wrong with defending yourself. And anyone who thinks they should be able to write "Peter staniforth is a cunt and everything he does is shit," without the parties in question being able to defend themself, is pretty much a cunt themselves.

he does get the point across though.. Live Wrestling in Yeovil.. not sure on his attire or grown though

It was the 'RAWWWRR!' at the end that did it for me.

I preferred this one really (they do have a nice TV):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gky-rW-Z23A...Bc&index=22

Archived