worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point on the wage issue was related to the rumour the promoter wont let anyone work outside there promotion...the fact that this guy can make ridiculous demands like this and expect people to be loyal to him, whilst rewarding there loyalty with a measly 10 pounds, is hillarious and surely can't bode well for his SHOW'S future. As far as I know, FWA don't make such demands.

The FWA demand that people become members of a 'Council', which they then must pay

I dont mind the tributes either. If the fans have a good laugh and the wrestlers get a good payday, then thats all good. I went to see one in 2001, with Sex Pac and Legend of Doom on the show. It was pretty entertaining, for what it was. Its going to be hard to convince me that people actually think they are seeing the real thing on these shows. If people go to the Lesuire Centre and pay 6 quid thinking its the real Undertaker, its not the promoters fault.

I have to respectfully disagree Ian, if a parent or grandparent with no knowledge of wrestling or the value of WWE tickets or where they normally perform sees 'Undertaker' on a poster and tells their 6 year old son or grandson that The Undertaker is coming to town the young kid isnt going to know to correct them and say "silly daddy, Taker wouldnt perform in this shithole of a town in front of 200 people". He is just going to be delighted and they will get family tickets not knowing they are effectively being ripped off. When GPW or IPW or PBW follow them into town 6 months later with a proper show nobody turns up cos of the shit they have seen before.

If the wrestling is good without ripping off gimmicks then they should just wrestler and develop their own characters, the cheap and fake gimmicks take away from the show in my opinion rather than add to them and it puts off punters attending genuine wrestling shows later

Perhaps we should have some sort of 'industry standard' level and have some experienced guys running it.......maybe call it BWC or something? :sneaky:

I'm curious about why working for peanuts is an issue tbh. From what I understand the amount of money in wrestling unless you are working for one of the BIG international promotions or have name value from working for one in the past in non existant. I know a lot of wrestlers post here so lets have a quick straw poll.

How many of you have made enough money from a show to pay that weeks rent? Actually scratch that, how many of you made enough money from a show to put petrol in the car and buy dinner afterwards?

LDN thesedays.

The simple fact they are STILL IN BUSINESS after losing their TV show should tell you something.

Yes, it tells that having a minor TV deal means nothing. It is all about promoting their shows and drawing decent crowds.

LDN is far from the worst wrestling company in the UK.

The Brad Flash promotion with the smallest wrestling ring ever must be one of the worst. It must be embarassing for a wrestler to step inside a ring like that.....

Also, the WWA promotion is another.

:laugh:

• Paid Members
If I had one complaint, it'd be that I need more than one!!!

Glad you enjoyed the show etc...and this is only my personal opinion remember.

In the last 8 shows that I've been to, it's been the same matches, more or less, from top to bottom.

I'll agree that Wolf Alexander, JR and RJ are shit hot. I can't agree with anything else. From what I've read on here, the promoter refuses to use any decent outside talent, or indeed share talent with other promotions (Who does he think he is?!) I highly doubt the

In the last 8 shows that I've been to, it's been the same matches, more or less, from top to bottom.

I'll agree that Wolf Alexander, JR and RJ are shit hot. I can't agree with anything else. From what I've read on here, the promoter refuses to use any decent outside talent, or indeed share talent with other promotions (Who does he think he is?!) I highly doubt the

Also, the WWA promotion is another.

:laugh:

Fuck me that was like pulling teeth 8 mins of my life ill never get back least the jwa one had botches them two looked like they couldnt even botch a move if they tried

Archived