worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

The above poster there summed up what i was going to say. I saw a tribute wrestling show in The Pavilion Theatre in Glasgow in 2000 and it was my first ever time watching wrestling. I thought it was OK as at the time i was younger. Now i would have found it embarrasing.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tribute shows did alot of damage to the UK scene I'd say. Instead of rebuilding fanbases within the UK we instead gave bargain bin WWE tributes

HOWEVER, these shows DID have from what I remember very good wrestlers involved in it. I remember in fact seeing the likes of Skull Murphy etc scattered between it all.

With as much damage as tribute shows done they are not NEARLY As damaging as some of the utter shite you see within the UK. From what I have seen the likes of IWF for me are some of the worst. Skinny kids who look straight out the backyard doing shows for

• Paid Members
Tribute shows did alot of damage to the UK scene I'd say. Instead of rebuilding fanbases within the UK we instead gave bargain bin WWE tributes

HOWEVER, these shows DID have from what I remember very good wrestlers involved in it. I remember in fact seeing the likes of Skull Murphy etc scattered between it all.

With as much damage as tribute shows done they are not NEARLY As damaging as some of the utter shite you see within the UK. From what I have seen the likes of IWF for me are some of the worst. Skinny kids who look straight out the backyard doing shows for

• Paid Members

Can we leave tribute shows out of this thread? They've been discussed many times before, and whether people like them or hate them, it's pretty safe to say that the actual promotion of these shows is pretty good.

Can we stick to tales of referees beating up wrestlers for clotheslining their opponents too had.

Hi Guys

i saw some very bad (as in marginally better than A4 and a crayon) posters for a company here on the South Coast last year and it was called something like Hardcore Wrestling Britannia or some other sh*t. It has had a terrible picture of some imacinated tattoo'd teenager in what looke dlike trunks off Ebay. It was advertised as being at the local community centre. I didnt go, but a mate of mine stopped over (as he literally lived 2 minutes away). he said that the ring was atrocious, there was no PA system, and what looked to be one of the guys dad's reffereeing and announcing. It gets worse, the place was near empty and when the wrestlers came out, they were dressed in the worst attire ever. The card didnt even get started as apparently one of the wresters took a punch wrong, and ended up cluting a very bloody snoz and then a hard clotheslines, fell funny and started crying. The ref (presumed the Dad) the started on the other wrestler for hurting his 'son' and it turned intoa slanging match. Therre was appatently some loud boo'ing from thsoe who did attend, to which (infront of kids) the referee shouted "go on f***k off you f****g c****s. Dont you know this is supoposed to be fake, look at his nose , he's really hurt hi. f**k off" he then apparently started hurling abuse at the other wrestler again, ho legegd it out

anyone have any similar stories??

Saw a recent wwa show, pretty bad. The people involved calling themselves wrestlers are either short and skinny or short and fat. Wish id never paid to see that and some of those involved should go to wrestling school and learn how to wrestle before being allowed on a show in front of paying customers.

JWF.

There's nothing worse than uncoordinated and reckless backyarders who think they're the real deal just because they hired a ring for the afternoon.

Where's this based. I knew a shit JWF in Worthing, but I didn't think it was still going.

Yup, that's the one. They actually charge people to come to their shows now.

• Paid Members
JWF.

There's nothing worse than uncoordinated and reckless backyarders who think they're the real deal just because they hired a ring for the afternoon.

Where's this based. I knew a shit JWF in Worthing, but I didn't think it was still going.

Yup, that's the one. They actually charge people to come to their shows now.

Ha. Fucking hell. I knew some of the guys 'performing' for JWF in around 2004. They kept saying I should go as it was good stuff. The way they talked about it, it was pretty big time for the UK. I turned up one day (one of the guys who was involved was going out with a friend of mine from college, we'd been to a party in Worthing and this event was on the next day. Hungover, we went) to see a ring filling up 80% of a room and about 20 chairs. I sat slightly embarrassed as the matches went on, fat blokes or King Nerds mostly pretending to hit each other while they grinned. The talk amongst the wrestlers (they just stood about with the 7 fans when they weren't on) was that Alex Shane was going to turn up talent scouting. Never showed, if you can believe. A wrestler bumped through a car boot style table and had to be taken to the hospital, and later the guy who was supposed to be the champion did a swanton bomb on the other fella landing his entire weight on his stomach, ending the match early due to both cunts not actually being able to work. I never went back.

Having googled them and seen their website, they've seemingly made fuck all progress in nearly 7 years. I've clocked 2 people who were at the show I went to.

I only went to one show a few years back because an acquaintance of mine used to wrestle for them and really wanted some support. I went along and sat in the crowd with about eleven people, which including the "wrestlers" themselves when they weren't wrestling, refereeing, setting up props for people to dive through at ringside or filming the show on handheld cameras, and witnessed the worst spectacle I'd ever seen. I'm not going to criticize backyarders for not understanding psychology or possessing even the most basic of ring skills but I can criticize them for their spectacular arrogance, these people genuinely believe that they're good at what they do and that because the "company" has existed in some form for a few years that they're in some way successful.

I think this video of the numerous injuries that have been suffered in their ring sums their attitude up pretty well. It continually amazes me that nobody has died in their care.

I like how it encourages viewers to seek professional training from a reputable gym... unless they're within traveling distance of Worthing and fancy joining the JWF. That's exactly the complete lack of self-awareness I'd expect from them.

Archived