worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

You probably are wrong in the "for the most part" bit. I'm sure most of LDN's critics are genuine fans, and they are absolutely entitled to criticise. I'd say though most promotions who get any criticism on here, especially those who get a lot, are probably in the same situation. That's just how it is!

No problem if people on here don't like the LDN product, it's not aimed at the typical internet fan if there is such a thing (which is why it isn't promoted on here), although obviously some people on here are likely to enjoy it. But people like NickV1 and DKJ obviously have their own agendas.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it seems a lot of people who have a poor opinion on LDN have some sort of connection to them in the past. In relation to this topic, LDN shouldnt be anywhere near it in my opinion.

Please bear in mind that I have not been to many LDN shows in fact off the top of my head I have only been to one while at Uni and actually I didnt overlly enjoy it but wouldnt say it was a bad show. They had pack enfield, everyone was enjoying themselves and the wrestling was solid but family oriented. At the time I was saturated with wrestling having been to 2-3 shows a months since moving to london, recently going to British Uprising 3 and having International Showdown on the horizon meant it didnt excite me massively. Sadly I have missed all there christchurch shows since coming back home, although I have heard relatively good things ( A small incident with a fan getting knocked aside).

Although They have had to cancel a couple of dates, in my opininon when you run more dates more may end up cancelled its simple maths and there are so many variables. maybe they should be classed as slightly unreliable with shows going ahead but I bet they always sort everything out on good terms unlike a lot of promotions.

The facts remain that they run lots of shows using a professional roster, have a very universal product and have had signifcant press and TV coverage.

In terms of worst promotion in the UK, I cannot answer that myself living in bournemouth for almost 4 years again now I have only been to reputable shows from VPW, Premier and Fightstar. However the elements that I feel make up poor promotions are as follows

Poor Venues - Venues that are community centres or places out of town centres. I went to a RBW show in 2004 in Hitchin which was in what I can only describe as a scout hut a mile and a half aware from the town centre (Hitchin isnt very big either), there was only about 50 people there and it just didnt feel like an evening out or an experience being in a place like that.

Poor promotion - Some shows I have been to have been so badly promoted noboddy would know it is on, almost like a secret. A poster on the door of the venue and your mates chippy wont cut it. It ties in nice to venues as well as a decent venue will have there own positions and newspaper slots and help you promote. FWA in broxbourne was a classic example of not promoting to the area when crowds died down...seriously did anybody know about those shows.

Poor Wrestlers - Skinny guys or out of shape guys who cannot wrestle. The last bit is important as sometimes you get someone who isnt in the best of shape who can still work a good match or is smaller examples of both. Justin Starr, Dave Mastiff, Spud. they have to work twice as hard in my opinion to be credible to casuals, and your roster needs a few people who look like wrestlers to.

There are more reasons but those are the 3 major ones before booking and profesionalism get involved

• Paid Members
He's not a fan. He promotes shit shows in Northamptonshire where LDN were to hold a show, and yes the show did get cancelled due to poor ticket sales (at the request of the venue), and who knows, maybe it would have done poorly regardless, but NickV1 and company did their best to make sure it didn't do well.

You're involved with LDN Wrestling who promotes a show in a rival's territory, call said rival's shows shit, and then you wonder why LDN's posters get ripped down by said promotion?

:confused:

He's not a fan. He promotes shit shows in Northamptonshire where LDN were to hold a show, and yes the show did get cancelled due to poor ticket sales (at the request of the venue), and who knows, maybe it would have done poorly regardless, but NickV1 and company did their best to make sure it didn't do well.

You're involved with LDN Wrestling who promotes a show in a rival's territory, call said rival's shows shit, and then you wonder why LDN's posters get ripped down by said promotion?

:confused:

Fair point, but this happened in September. I didn't call the promotion shit back then, didn't even know they existed really! Calling that area their territory is a bit much too. They probably run less than 10 shows a year. And come on, they are awful.

And also, no I don't wonder why the posters get ripped down. That happens. It's always happened. Not just by rival wrestling promoters either. But NickV1 also came on here a few days after that event was supposed to take place boasting that it got cancelled due to low ticket sales, so it's obviously a big deal to him.

Poor Venues - Venues that are community centres or places out of town centres. I went to a RBW show in 2004 in Hitchin which was in what I can only describe as a scout hut a mile and a half aware from the town centre (Hitchin isnt very big either), there was only about 50 people there and it just didnt feel like an evening out or an experience being in a place like that.

Was that Westmill Community Centre? I went there once, not sure how many shows RBW ran there, but possibly it was the same one you were at. RBW did have a habit of putting on shows in front of 50 people in community centres in the middle of residential areas out of town, and their production often left a lot to be desired, but I always thought the in ring action was fairly good if not great most the times I saw them.

LDNs calender might be big but they have a habit of canceling shows the day before due to bad advertising and poor ticket sales. leaving fans disapointed. i dont see why ldn are held so highly!

You are probably referring specifically to the Kettering show. The same show you personally tore down posters for. The venue also begged for the show to be cancelled, as it would have been a money loser for them (partly because of you).

DKJ is obviously entitled to his opinion, but worth remembering he was an LDN trainee who never got used because nobody thought he was any good....so he left.

You probably are wrong in the "for the most part" bit. I'm sure most of LDN's critics are genuine fans, and they are absolutely entitled to criticise. I'd say though most promotions who get any criticism on here, especially those who get a lot, are probably in the same situation. That's just how it is!

No problem if people on here don't like the LDN product, it's not aimed at the typical internet fan if there is such a thing (which is why it isn't promoted on here), although obviously some people on here are likely to enjoy it. But people like NickV1 and DKJ obviously have their own agendas.

I don't know what Nickv1 has against ldn, But you are right about one thing Dart. I have the right to my own opinion. I did not say ANYTHING to either boast ldn or to bury it. I just simply laughed at what Newmark82 had to say about ldn.

Now I would like to ask you, How did you come about the information you have put on here about me?

You liked what he said, you agreed with what he said, that's what I figured.

I haven't put any information about you, nothing about your personal details or life. You were an LDN trainee, no? You had a handful of matches, including one in Totteridge, which may have been your only non Academy show for LDN. That was a TV taping, yet your match was deemed too bad for TV and you weren't booked on any more shows. Soon after you left. All facts, right? Not exactly hard information to come across, I was afterall one of the people working on that TV show, in a minor capacity.

Like I said earlier though you've come a long way since then, WAW training certainly not being a bad thing at all. But I wouldn't be surprised at all to find you held a grudge against LDN in someway, hence your earlier post encouraging someone's negative opinions (which are fine).

1. I did NOT say that I liked what he said. 2. I also did NOT say that I agreed with what he said.

I did nothing but LAUGH at what he had to say about ldn. It is possible for someone to hear an inappropriate joke for example and STILL laugh because of the way it was delivered, Being it the joke was said with passion, Or the build up is rubbish but the punchline is good.

I take it that YOU overread my simple "lol I like this" guy to take a shot at me.

Now on to your FALSE INFORMATION. The match that I had against Wolf Alexander WAS NOT a tv taping episode. Our match that night had the MOST CROWED INTERACTION I dare say along with the notorious John Ritchie vs..... I can't remember who he was facing that night I think it was Yourgos maybe.

So now that I have put that to rest, I would like to remind people that when they take a Sanjay, That they remember to wipe their Bagga afterwards.

It was a TV taping. I was there, that means it was a TV taping.

It was the last TV taping before Fight Network closed down. It didn't get edited and didn't air.

Jon Ritchie was against Travis for the record.

OK fair enough, you were just laughing at what someone else said, but given your last comment, it is clear you have a problem with Sanjay (because he thought you were awful).

I don't have a problem with you, why would I find a reason to take a shot at you. I've already said how much better you are now than you were then. If I was going to take random shots at people I can think of people much more deserving than you. I was just pointing out that you were an ex LDN trainee, and as such, it's possible you'd have an alternative reason than just a fan's point of view for posting anything negative. Seems fair.

Having lots of crowd interaction doesn't automatically make a match good by the way.

"It was a tv taping. I was there, That means it was a tv taping." Well you sure showed me and proved your case on that score didn't you. Ahhh yes it was Travis. I'll give you that one.

"Having lots of crowd interaction doesn't automatically make a match good by the way."

Well as littile as the crowd was that night, They wasn't sitting on their hands, And they wasn't (Not that they would anyway) Chanting "You suck" or "You F'd up ANY point in our match. They booed and cheered as and when they should of. And thee o'l "your match was deemed too bad for TV" Looks like to me that we are not going to agree on somethings....

But CAN we agree that you are Sanjay Bagga, Mr Dart. You know you just could of come out and said who you was all along, I haven't spoke to you in sometime. How is business going Sanjay??

"It was a tv taping. I was there, That means it was a tv taping." Well you sure showed me and proved your case on that score didn't you. Ahhh yes it was Travis. I'll give you that one.

"Having lots of crowd interaction doesn't automatically make a match good by the way."

Well as littile as the crowd was that night, They wasn't sitting on their hands, And they wasn't (Not that they would anyway) Chanting "You suck" or "You F'd up ANY point in our match. They booed and cheered as and when they should of. And thee o'l "your match was deemed too bad for TV" Looks like to me that we are not going to agree on somethings....

But CAN we agree that you are Sanjay Bagga, Mr Dart. You know you just could of come out and said who you was all along, I haven't spoke to you in sometime. How is business going Sanjay??

Not to get involved, but i'm sure the dart has said before that he works for LDN and is the cameraman or photographer??

For the record there was about a dozen ldn posters put up for thier show, no other form of advertisement at all. I did not take down your posters, in fact in several shops my posters were displayed right next to your one.

how come some promoters always blame others? "the weather was bad, the economy sucks, someone took down my posters"

I've worked 3 LDN shows and had fun at everyone of them

They're old school and the promoter likes his technical wrestling.

The 3 shows I worked were in sold out venues, Isle of Wight, Exeter and Bournemouth.

The chap doesn't pay in sandwiches and he pays you more than

Not to get involved, but i'm sure the dart has said before that he works for LDN and is the cameraman or photographer??

Bagga & Dart are two different people. Not that I take any interest in what either does but I know they are two different people anyhow.

Poor Wrestlers - Skinny guys or out of shape guys who cannot wrestle. The last bit is important as sometimes you get someone who isnt in the best of shape who can still work a good match or is smaller examples of both. Justin Starr, Dave Mastiff, Spud. they have to work twice as hard in my opinion to be credible to casuals, and your roster needs a few people who look like wrestlers to.

I have to ask, are you saying that Dave and Spud are not in shape?

Dave is a big guy yes but has more agility than alot of "Flyers" ive seen and he can work long matches without getting too blown up.

Spud is in horrific shape, he is only limited by his small frame which I dont see what more he can do with it.

I fully agree with what your saying about how those who are not muscle-bound giants do have to work harder to get credit.

Archived