worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Sorry to disagree with some people, but really there is no way LDN should be mentioned in this thread.

I've seen them live and while I didn't enjoy it much, it was entirely down to my own tastes in wrestling. It was very safe, very family friendly and rather old-fashioned - which is exactly what I think they are going for. They are not trying to get hardcore 20somethings like me, they are after kids and families.

As such, they play to consistent crowds all over the place, run loads and loads of shows and are pretty successful.

It's perfectly fine to 'not like them', but to brand them the worst in the country is mental when there are loads of utter shitarse outfits with non-trained fat 'tards 'wrestling' for them out there.

Fair enough if you think LDN are the worst you've personally seen live, but really if you've only ever seen a couple of promotions, then it's a bit unfair to brand LDN as complete shit. That just means you've been smart enough to know to avoid all the "JWF" style cockrags out there!!

I tend to put LDN in with All Star as companies that do a perfectly good job of keeping British Wrestling ticking over and making sure it sticks around, but just isn't to my personal taste. I know I'd get more personal pleasure out of an IPW-UK or FWA show, even if they don't run nearly as often.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree Eddie, they arent to my tastes either but they arent the worst. Saying they are is like visitng 6 restaurants in the UK then branding one of them the worst in the UK. LDN may be the worst somebody has seen but if you havent seen them all then you cant say they are the worst in the UK, but then if you apply that logic then nobody can be branded worst in the UK until someone has seen them all I suppose.

Totally agree Eddie, they arent to my tastes either but they arent the worst. Saying they are is like visitng 6 restaurants in the UK then branding one of them the worst in the UK. LDN may be the worst somebody has seen but if you havent seen them all then you cant say they are the worst in the UK, but then if you apply that logic then nobody can be branded worst in the UK until someone has seen them all I suppose.

The simple fact that they get actual crowds (i.e. a "crowd of people" instead of "3 kids") watching their shows means they are very unlikely to be the worst.

Also, the fact that their guys are actually trained properly, rather than self-taught or fast-track trained by other shitarses.

Really, common sense just comes into it. I haven't porked every prostitute in central London, but if one threw up on my dick, shat herself and them over-charged me, I'd be tempted to call her the "Worst Hooker in Central London". If she gave me a bland but satisfactory session, "average" would be the fairest description.

i think you guys misunderstand me, iv seen many live uk shows from fwa, sas, pro wrestling eve,ipw, 1pw, hew, and waw and iv seen dvds of many more and for the majority the in ring product was great from all of these guys but for me LDN had a good looking ring, got some good venues and crowds but the in ring wrestling was terrible, many of the guys looked like they were still in the early days of training (travis and hakan both being the worst offenders) and yet were pushed to the main matches on the card and to me the wrestling is a little more important then how many ppl they can get into a venue. all im saying is of the all the uk wrestling companys i have seen live or on dvd the the 2 that sprung to mind were LDN and PTW but im sure there ar ealot worse, i just havent heard of them or seen anything of them so cant comment

i think you guys misunderstand me, iv seen many live uk shows from fwa, sas, pro wrestling eve,ipw, 1pw, hew, and waw and iv seen dvds of many more and for the majority the in ring product was great from all of these guys but for me LDN had a good looking ring, got some good venues and crowds but the in ring wrestling was terrible, many of the guys looked like they were still in the early days of training (travis and hakan both being the worst offenders) and yet were pushed to the main matches on the card and to me the wrestling is a little more important then how many ppl they can get into a venue. all im saying is of the all the uk wrestling companys i have seen live or on dvd the the 2 that sprung to mind were LDN and PTW but im sure there ar ealot worse, i just havent heard of them or seen anything of them so cant comment

What shows were you watching? I haven't seen tons of LDN shows, but I have seen a few shows, and a few London Eye episodes, and to say that Travis and Hakan are in the early days of training is crazy. An article I saw on LDN's website a few months ago had a feature on Hakan and Travis as successes of their training school, and I believe they both started at the LDN school around 3 years ago.

I think, as Eddie said, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. I wouldn't go to All-Star expecting an all-out spotfest like I might find at an IPW:UK event, or go to LDN to find a bloodied wrestler in a hardcore match, like I might find elsewhere. All-Star and LDN run in a totally different way to FWA, IPW:UK, EVE, 1PW etc, and to be honest, by the looks of their calendars, they're doing it well.

The FWA/IPW:UK product is a bit much for me, I much prefer the family friendly, work-the-crowd style, but the FWA and IPW:UK are NOT the worst in the country.

Travis and Hakan both started around the same time. I can't be totally sure but I think it was early 2007 they both started out. They both worked their way up from the bottom. Travis is one of the most dedicated young wrestlers I've ever known.

I've seen both Hakan and Travis and dont think they'd look out of place on any Britwres show

Travis and Hakan both started around the same time. I can't be totally sure but I think it was early 2007 they both started out. They both worked their way up from the bottom. Travis is one of the most dedicated young wrestlers I've ever known.

I've seen both Hakan and Travis and dont think they'd look out of place on any Britwres show

I have seen quite a bit of ASW & LDN. ASW use some of the best talent in the UK & on occasion the best in the world, LDN on the otherhand seem to stick with a less experienced roster, that tend to wrestle almost exclusively for them.

For me, ASW is far superior to LDN. Whilst ASW is not the promotion it was years ago, it still provides enjoyable family shows. Sadly, although LDN provide family shows i did not find them very enjoyable at all.

I like this guy lol

LDNs calender might be big but they have a habit of canceling shows the day before due to bad advertising and poor ticket sales. leaving fans disapointed. i dont see why ldn are held so highly!

You are probably referring specifically to the Kettering show. The same show you personally tore down posters for. The venue also begged for the show to be cancelled, as it would have been a money loser for them (partly because of you).

DKJ is obviously entitled to his opinion, but worth remembering he was an LDN trainee who never got used because nobody thought he was any good....so he left.

any show that loses money is solely the blame of the promoter, if they had done a decent job promoting the show it wont lose money. il grant that there are always exceptions but blaming a fan for the show not being able to draw money is pitiful.

Erm... ? From what Dart just said, this 'fan' had ripped down the posters that were advertising the show.

How the fuck it that sort of action the fault of the promotion?

If they were canceling shows on a weekly basis you might have a point, but I'm pretty certain that isn't the case.

any show that loses money is solely the blame of the promoter, if they had done a decent job promoting the show it wont lose money. il grant that there are always exceptions but blaming a fan for the show not being able to draw money is pitiful.

Erm... ? From what Dart just said, this 'fan' had ripped down the posters that were advertising the show.

How the fuck it that sort of action the fault of the promotion?

If they were canceling shows on a weekly basis you might have a point, but I'm pretty certain that isn't the case.

He's not a fan. He promotes shit shows in Northamptonshire where LDN were to hold a show, and yes the show did get cancelled due to poor ticket sales (at the request of the venue), and who knows, maybe it would have done poorly regardless, but NickV1 and company did their best to make sure it didn't do well.

Archived