The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

(Red Dwarf's been picked up properly by Dave hasnt it?)

Yeah for at least 2 series but I think when he films that he will just take time off for Corrie in fact I'm sure I read when he joined Corrie he did have it put into his contract that he would get time off if any Red Dwarf work ever came up (At the time the movie was still a possibility so he wanted to do that)

sorry to go off topic. Dave commisioned 6 episodes back in may 2009, the scripts have been written by Doug Naylor but a few months back he posted a blog saying that 'the commisioners keep moving the goalposts'. In October Doug had another meeting which he said was postive and that cast had been contacted.

Robert Llewellyn posted about the following on his blog last week:

"In early 2010 Dave announced that they had commissioned Red Dwarf for a new series of 6 episodes. Doug Naylor has been writing the new scripts, none of the cast have seen them. I am in regular contact with Craig Chalres, Danny John Jules and Chris Barrie. We talk, we ask each other 'have you heard anything?' The answer is always no."

Anyone who has followed RD since way back will know, until it is officially confirmed or even made don't get your hopes up as BBC never really backed RD but still made 8 series and the movie never materialised despite many meetings.

Ive followed RD since the beginning and Id kill for another series, even a 1 off special would do.

Also, Im not sure the Craig corrie contract thing is true because he had to beg to be able to do Back To Earth and thats why scenes were filmed on the corrie set as a comprimise and time issues.

sorry to go off topic. Dave commisioned 6 episodes back in may 2009, the scripts have been written by Doug Naylor but a few months back he posted a blog saying that 'the commisioners keep moving the goalposts'. In October Doug had another meeting which he said was postive and that cast had been contacted.

Robert Llewellyn posted about the following on his blog last week:

"In early 2010 Dave announced that they had commissioned Red Dwarf for a new series of 6 episodes. Doug Naylor has been writing the new scripts, none of the cast have seen them. I am in regular contact with Craig Chalres, Danny John Jules and Chris Barrie. We talk, we ask each other 'have you heard anything?' The answer is always no."

Anyone who has followed RD since way back will know, until it is officially confirmed or even made don't get your hopes up as BBC never really backed RD but still made 8 series and the movie never materialised despite many meetings.

Ive followed RD since the beginning and Id kill for another series, even a 1 off special would do.

Also, Im not sure the Craig corrie contract thing is true because he had to beg to be able to do Back To Earth and thats why scenes were filmed on the corrie set as a comprimise and time issues.

Manchester is Rd's Spiritual home though so there was at least reason to film in oop North

• Paid Members
Yeah, I'd say Ashley and Molly are definitely goners plus the one Stape has already killed, so that leaves one other to get the chop. If it was Eastenders, it'd be one of the kids. As it's not, it'll probably be the tram driver or someone else nobody cares about like Dev's wife.

Tram driver is surviving, the actor was on This Morning and confirmed it. Is Charlotte going to be one of the four? as Ive read in a few places thats 'four much-loved characters will die'.

I'm pretty sure Charlotte isnt one of the 4. It was meant to be 4 people get killed by the tram crash, plus Stape offing Charlotte.

• Paid Members
Her bodies clearly getting dumped in amongst the wreckage though so she'll presumably be presumed in the show as part of the tram crash.

Yeah, thats true, but the spoilers that were releases where that the tram will kill 4 characters and John Stape will kill Charlotte. I'm not talking about it from an in-show/kayfabe type scenario.

• Paid Members

Ashley's a goner so I guess that's a pretty big name to lose. Molly will probably die so that they can have Tyrone look after the baby that isn't his, and start a new storyline of Kevin looking in, knowing it's his child.

I doubt they'll kill off Rita as part of this mass cull, she's probably too big a name. I hope they kill Nick though, I still can't get over his ridiculous tranformation from this:

jackson_warren1991.jpg

To this:

SNN2504TVARR-280_852975a.jpg

To this:

200px-Nicktilsley-ben-price.png

The current actor is absolutely terrible, and so far removed from the character Adam Rickett played that there doesn't seem to be any point in having him there in the first place.

• Paid Members
Fiz's baby could be the fourth casualty.

Wouldn't that be like when Savio Vega was Shawn Michaels replacement though? Or better yet, when Bushwhacker Butch marched into the Royal Rumble and marched straight back out. Fiz's baby isnt really a character, and baby death isnt very Corrie. That's Eastenders style.

The current actor is absolutely terrible, and so far removed from the character Adam Rickett played that there doesn't seem to be any point in having him there in the first place.

An actual male cock with a umbrella through the Jap-eye would be better than Adam Rickett. He's not Jack Nicholson, but he's a better actor than the last tosspot who played Nick.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
They've jumped Nick Tilsley in age significantly though. The new actor is pushing 40 but the character is supposed to be in his 20s.

The character is 30 this month. Adam Rickett is 32. Ben Price is 36. The problem is that Ben Price is appalling.

Clever episode last night. Everyone who was a gonner on Tuesday made a babyface comeback and the building swerve turned on Ashley.