The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

• Paid Members

Ken Barlow pretty much no sold his son's death there a bit. While Leanne, Janice, Carla and everyone else was in floods, Ken stood there like a brooding poet character. Unless they plan to introduce Ken under a Crow-esque character with a painted face and leather trench coat, it seemed odd he seemed totally not arsed. I thought he should have at least went "in 50 years, nothing has ever happened like this", but put over the current storylines.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Stape is a complete bungling buffoon. His life is like a Cohen brothers farce.

Some dreadful acting in that episode - half the cast decided to act exactly like Dev, for some reason. Molly's death speech was like the genesis of McGillicutty promo, done by the girl from the Exorcist.

John Stape is the main man!

Even though the big fella was on hand to witness the birth of his premature daughter, he still had his wits about him to trek back to a scene of devastation that's crawling with good Emergency Services folk and remove the body of some tart he bumped off less than three or four hours ago.

What a hero Stape is. Or...one of the bigger heels, depending on how you look at it.

He's massively over either way.

Seen as he's on his way out, they should put Stape over Big Jim, that'll give him the menace required to push him to the next level.

He's a character with so much possibility, it's untrue.

But how stupid a name for a baby is Hope Stape?

Seen as he's on his way out, they should put Stape over Big Jim, that'll give him the menace required to push him to the next level.

I think he needs to cut up and lose that 'doughboy' look to really put him over the top for the big main event run. A stubble beard and a leather jacket, coupled with a spell in charge of the bookies (now that Peter is brown bread) and being decisively put over in a brief feud with Keith Duffy, will cement his place at the top of the card.

I think he needs to cut up and lose that 'doughboy' look to really put him over the top for the big main event run. A stubble beard and a leather jacket, coupled with a spell in charge of the bookies (now that Peter is brown bread) and being decisively put over in a brief feud with Keith Duffy, will cement his place at the top of the card.

So you want him to lose the things that make him an individual, i.e. his doughy stoogesque 'who else but Stapey' demeanour, just so he can be another cookie-cutter main event serial killer? Pfft, I'm glad you're not in charge of booking Corrie.

If Ashley and Molly are confirmed dead, that leaves 2. We'd assume Peter is the 3rd. Who is the 4th?.

I wouldn't be surprised if her from the shop (i think her names Sunita) cops it or they could throw out a twist and it will be someone who we think is safe but then dies from smoke inhalation or a heart attack brought on by it all.

The lass John smashed in the head with a hammer probably.

I thought I read somewhere that it was confirmed she was not going to be one of the 4 I can't be 100% sure on that though.

Edited by Smeg_&_The_Heads

I reckon Rita will go. Cap off their 50th birthday celebration by killing one of the old-timers. Plus the irony of a tram being involved adds to the dynamic.

I think it's been brilliant all week really. Charlotte still being alive is a typically hilarious Stape 'what will he do next?' twist. Hopefully he follows her to the hospital, hammer in hand, to finish the job before popping next door to hug his daughter.

Well done to them for making Ashley's death feel important after years of him floating in the mid-card. He was the man this week. Hopefully Peter isn't dead, one of my favourite characters. Don't really care about Molly - that whole storyline was pretty shit.

Did anybody watch the Coronation Street 50 Greatest Storylines/Moments/whatever it was called? Some good choices, although the top spot was kinda weird - the Corrie equivalent of inducting Eddie into the Hall of Fame the year after he died I guess. Funny how Ciaran was the guy who rescued Sunita during the whole Mad Maya story - a few years later and he's rescuing her again. I'd demand payment if I was him. And by payment I mean a blowie and the chance to spaff on her cracking rack.

In the final 15 minutes of the show there was a random convosation between two emergency service people saying, along the lines of "the guy who was driving in his car didn't make it, he was a father of three". So basically the 4th death is a non character.

And yes Ben Karlow acted out the emotions of his Son dieiing like a horse he put a fiver on just fell at the final fence. Which I supose is apt as Peter Barlow was a Bookie.