The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Paid Members
For me, I just hope that a possible suspension forces him to have some humility.

Why would you want that?

If he doesn't trash talk he's basically Matt Lindland with more hair.

:laugh: I'm all for people building up fights but some of the shit that Sonnen came out with, especially the stuff about Lance Armstrong which had nothing to do with the Silva fight was just bullshit. Also, I always thought that once you get beat you lose the right to talk shit about the other guy?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

KO'd in the 1st or subbed in the 5th a win's a win in my book. It wasn't a questionable decision. I'll take nothing away from Sonnen, he controlled Silva perfectly, threw enough shots to avoid the stand up but did absolutely no damage & never came close to finishing. Then as soon as the rematch was agreed started saying he was gonna beat up Silva for 5 rounds again....no-one got beat up in that fight. He put on a wrestling materclass & nearly rode his way to another decision victory but ultimately failed.

Then as soon as the rematch was agreed started saying he was gonna beat up Silva for 5 rounds again....no-one got beat up in that fight.

You don't think so?

I saw Anderson getting beaten up on the ground, and he showed signs of it after the fight.

Obviously some people cut & bruise more easily than others but Anderson doesn't look too beat up there?

Getting beaten up doesn't necessarily mean cuts and bruises though, does it?

Sonnen was pounding the hell out of him on the mat for something like 23 minutes.

You can't have a wrestler of the quality of Sonnen do that to you and not be feeling the after effects.

Trust me, Anderson would have been hurting for a few days after that fight.

• Paid Members

No, I know that cuts & bruises don't equal getting beaten up but the signs of the 'beating' weren't visible after the fight. I'm not aurguing that Sonnen didn't throw a load of shots for 4 & a half rounds I'm saying his G&P is lame, surely if Sonnen had effective G&P he would've been able to finish at least one of his UFC fights?

• Paid Members

Don't know whether anyone has posted this yet:

Aaron Simpson (7-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Mark Munoz (8-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) is set for November’s UFC 123 event.

Thats a great undercard matchup that could be potentially explosive. WIll be looking forward to that now with the Rampage/Machida headliner.

++EDIT++

Also this

Middleweight Maiquel Falcao (25-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has signed with the UFC. A Chute Boxe product, Falcao brings an impressive record to the octagon that includes a stunning 24 finishes among his 25 career wins. Among those stoppages, 21 have come by way of knockout or TKO. “Big Rig,” who has fought just once in 2010, has finished his past seven opponents in the first round, and his lone career decision came in 2004.

Not seen anything of this guy, anyone know about him? Is he any good? His records seems impressive but then I don't know what level of competition he has faced thus far.

• Paid Members
For me, I just hope that a possible suspension forces him to have some humility.

Bollocks to that. If Chael has any sense he'll make himself even more awesome by coming up with some ridiculously absurd excuse. For instance, he was so clean that his test results actually came back double negatve, in turn making it a positive.

He's the most interesting man in the world.

For anyone interested, both Joe Rogan & Eddie Bravo were guests on the Alex Jones show, where they discussed a load of interesting stuff, including chem trails.

It's available via the usual outlets.

Hey keep this is an MMA thread, keep it free of conspiracy theory talk ;):p

Alex Jones has some good guests but cuts in too much when they're talking, might have a butchers though, I do like Joe Rogan.

I am no chemist or anything but there is a rumor it may be somthing to do with that he took somthing for his flu in the week leading up to the fight and that contained a banned substance in it, or that Sonnen may claim this as a excuse

Vitor Belfort tried somthing similar with a body building substance in 2006 when he got busted for after Prides Vegas show

There has been talk also of how acne appeared on his back before his fights with Nate and Silva and yet there was none before his fight with Okami, however he didnt get busted with the Nate fight, so did he mess up his cycle before the Silva fight?

Im sure it will all come out and it is all very interesting however I wish he hadnt been caught as I wanted to see Silva vs Sonnen 2 that badly

No, I know that cuts & bruises don't equal getting beaten up but the signs of the 'beating' weren't visible after the fight. I'm not aurguing that Sonnen didn't throw a load of shots for 4 & a half rounds I'm saying his G&P is lame, surely if Sonnen had effective G&P he would've been able to finish at least one of his UFC fights?

Even "lame" GnP hurts like a motherfucker.

He dominated Silva for 4 and a half rounds, something that no one in the UFC has even come close to yet. Being marked up isn't any indication of getting an arse kicking. Some people just don't mark up alot when hit.

Archived