The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
talk is off Sonnen being a coach on the next season of TUF, personally i'd love to see it but surely they are missing a trick by doing the Sonnen/Silva rematch before the next season? if Sonnen loses it could still happen, but imagine them building up the fight through TUF!? it would be outstanding.

Even if Sonnen loses again it still has to happen, for entertainments sake.

I think it was reported in the Observer about a week or so after the loss that Sonnen was canvassing him and Anderson to be coaches for Season 12. No idea if the higher ups were considering it or not, and not heard anything about it for several weeks now.

Also, more on Todd Duffee from the Observer.

Regarding the firing of Todd Duffee, based on everything being said by those who have dealt with him, even with the WWE look and talking ability, he seemed to make a ton of enemies in a short period of time. The one thing about WWE is that you have to be able to get along with people to make it (or in rare instances have a level of power in your position). So while he

Sonnen of TUF could still work with a loss

He could have Franklin or Wanderlai oppersite to him, if he wins and Belfort gets past Okami then they can set it up for those two, only bad thing is if he beats Silva and Okami wins, as I dont think Okami speaks English plus him and Okami are big friends these days

• Paid Members

anyone see the Ultimate Gracie documentary that was shown on Spike in America the other night? really good little doc. it was a proper UFC production so they probably edited it to their liking (it was pretty disrespectful to Ken Shamrock), but it was a good watch. Never really told me anything i didn't know but i'd still recommend it.

If anyone here is trying to get into MMA (i know there's a few), i highly recommend it, nice little history lesson.

• Paid Members

I'll have to see if I can find that.Sounds good.

That reminds me,I haven't really seen any of the MMA documentaries.Been meaning to watch the Pride Decade one for ages,anyone know if it's any good?

The BJ Penn-90 Days and Renzo Gracie Legacy docs have been on my to watch list for a bit now too.

Any other good MMA docs?

• Paid Members

Pride Decade is a must see, if your familiar or not with the stuff it's a great highlight package.

The best documentary about is still The Smashing Machine, surely you've seen that?

the Royce one basically covers Royce's career (within the UFC and his fight with Sakuraba). Pretty cool that it has interviews with a few of Royce's opponents and gives a little insight into the fights.

plus him and Okami are big friends these days

Sonnen said just the other day at the Fight Night Q&A that if he was champion, he wouldn't say no to facing Okami. He said he wouldn't say no to any fighter as he wouldn't want to take away the opportunity of being champion to any fighter.

On being friends with Okami, he said he has a room in his house specifically for when Okami stays over which he names "The Okami room". :laugh:

• Paid Members
Pride Decade is a must see, if your familiar or not with the stuff it's a great highlight package.

The best documentary about is still The Smashing Machine, surely you've seen that?

the Royce one basically covers Royce's career (within the UFC and his fight with Sakuraba). Pretty cool that it has interviews with a few of Royce's opponents and gives a little insight into the fights.

Yeah that's the only one I have seen.I'm sure I've got the Rickson Gracie - Choke doc on my hard drive aswell,just a matter of getting round to watching it.

Love how Gracie admits to holding a choke on one guy and breaking the arm of another, both of whom he knew had already tapped out. Babalu must have thought that was hilarious stuff.

I don't like fighters who do that, never have. Watching old UFC videos I found out Gracie was worse at it for holding submissions on three or four seconds after taps on the mat and on Gracie himself.

Archived