The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dana apparently called Duffee an 'ass' after he was let go, so I'm guessing there's some disciplinary matter that kicked off. It's a shame because he has tons of potential.

Courtesy of the Observer newsletter.

In a surprise, Todd Duffee was let go this past week. Duffee had been booked to fight Jon Madsen on 10/23 in Anaheim (Lesnar show), but pulled out due to a knee injury. Duffee became an instant star with a seven second knockout of Tim Hague last year (from an official standpoint, it is the quickest knockout in company history although really Duane Ludwig had a quicker knockout but the timekeeper was slow on the draw), and with his look, almost like he was the prototype of what Vince McMahon would want as a pro wrestler with the big physique and golden boy looks, was getting magazine endorsements for food supplements coming off the record setting win. The guy can also talk. Maybe when John Laurinaitis goes through is bikini contest magazines and if he sees one of the supplement ads and isn

• Paid Members
clementi_bellator_medium.jpg

- Rich Clementi (155.6) -205 vs. Carey Vanier (156) +175

- Georgi Karakhanyan (145.4) -260 vs. Anthony Leone (146) +195

- Eric Schambari (184.2) -200 vs. Matt Horwich (185.6) +160

- Eric Larkin (155.4) -600 vs. Marcus Andrusia (155.4) +400

Bellator weigh-in results for tonights show, nice looking card.

Bellator have weeks where it appeals to me and weeks when it doesn't, this one does. Always a fan of Clementi and Matt fucking Horwich! Horwich just seems to fight anywhere and everywhere, he's coming off probably the biggest win of his career so im hoping he can keep his momentum going, wanna see him back on the big show.

Yeah this one looks pretty good.I love watching Matt Horwich,his fights are usually good and his personality is strange as fuck.He's a funny character.

When I watched the TUF comeback DVD a few weeks back I was surprised to see Horwich pop up (sporting a mass of long curly blonde hair no less) in them auditions they put on there of the guys that never got on the show.

I'd love to have seen how he'd have interacted with the likes of Shonie and Mikey Burnett.

Gesias JZ Calvacante Vs Josh Thomson is rumoured for the October San Jose Strikeforce card. That is a hell of a fight if it turns out to be true.

Fucking yes,can't wait for that.

I imagine the winner will be in line for a shot at Melendez which would be a win-win situation.Either Melendez-JZ which would be fucking awesome or a Thomson rubber match which would kick arse aswell.Can't lose.

• Paid Members

Oh and Tyson Griffin vs Nik Lentz is being put together for UFC 123.

I was really disappointed with Lentz fight with Andre Winner.I never had him down as a boring fighter,his fight with Marcus Aurelio at UFC 102 was a great little battle,proper hidden gem.If he can't have a fun fight with Griffin then he won't be around long I reckon.Griffin always has great fights win or lose so I expect this to be good.

Tyson should take this though,I think he's got good enough wrestling to keep it standing,better striking than Lentz and if it hits the floor he's a bastard to submit.

Its all part of Dana's master plan....He waits until Duffee rips it up in Strikeforce then resigns him.

Duffee vs Overeem? Duffee vs Werdum? Duffee vs Fedor?

Sure he might make it to the number one contenderspot but he's not the guy thats gonna be holding belts for a long time.

• Paid Members

I think it s pretty safe bet we'll see him back providing he doesn't fall off the map after being cut.

Dana may think he's a dick or whatever, but if he does show a bit of promise in Strikeforce etc and beats any of what would be considered their 'top guys'. He will be back in the UFC sharpish.

• Paid Members

Yeah that sounds good,maybe Duffee vs Buentello first? They were meant to fight in the UFC last year,would be good.

Just saw this on Clay Guida's twitter

My upcoming opponent has ALOT of power in his hands. It's ok.....The Dude (me) will be ready

Please be Gomi,please be Gomi.....

And there's rumours of a Dennis Siver-Andre Winner fight going down in Germany in November.I'm loving all these recent fight announcements.

• Paid Members

Just saw this on Cage Warriors forum.

http://www.cagepotato.com/danavlog-where-h...-very-bad-words

For anyone that never saw it at the time it's the video blog for Fight Night 18 last April where Dana goes nuts on Loretta Hunt for some article she wrote.This caused a big shitstorm at the time mainly because of Dana using the word faggot.

The Dana rant comes at around 4:30,Jesus Christ he's angry :laugh:

I know it's old news but I'd never actually seen the video before so thought I'd share it.

• Paid Members

Yeah it seems like a loser goes home type fight.Bang Ludwigs on a 2 fight skid himself although last time out it was because of an injury.

The Dennis Siver vs Andre Winner fight has been agreed to for UFC 122 in Germany now too.Really looking forward to that,hopefully with Siver being German they'll put it on the main show.

Archived