The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't sure if the Questions thread above was just for wrestling so I'll ask this here - what's the deal with 'interim' titles?

Cheers :thumbsup:

A intrim title is a title created while the real champion is either injured, suspended or at odds with company, its a tempory title designed so they can have a champion for when the real champion is unable to defend his belt on a regular basis, when/if the real champion returns they do a unification bout between them to unify the titles togeather, if the real champion doesnt return in a space of time like Frank Mir didnt in 2005 the interim title can be upgraded tp the real title

• Paid Members

Crazy news about Sonnen. I thought he was a prick before this but the Lance Armstrong comments + this news cement the fact that the mans a penis. It also makes the fact that Silva went along with the fight whilst injured & pulled off the win more impressive.

Did anyone catch the fight between Mariusz Pudzianowski and Butterbean?

If you didn't, then don't bother. It was a joke.

Agreed, Butterbean would get whooped off Bart Gunn on that form. Terrible.

Shame about Sonnen yet further cements Silva's status as perhaps the greatest mixed martial artist in the world right now, unless of course he used drugs too.

a) We don't know what these drugs were. They aren't recreational and they're on the banned substances list. It could be an Alain Baxter situation where it is on the list for no real reason, it could be boldenone.

b) We don't know the situation. Could be a Bonnar/Franca situation where he took them to recover from an injury.

c) We don't know if he has an appeal. It could be a mistake.

a) We don't know what these drugs were. They aren't recreational and they're on the banned substances list. It could be an Alain Baxter situation where it is on the list for no real reason, it could be boldenone.

b) We don't know the situation. Could be a Bonnar/Franca situation where he took them to recover from an injury.

c) We don't know if he has an appeal. It could be a mistake.

Exactly.

That's why i'm waiting on the details to emerge before determining that his performance against Silva was "all because of the drugs".

• Paid Members

To be fair I don't think anyone could ever say that Chael's performance would be 'all because of the drugs' even if the results so show it was because of PHE substances. For me, I just hope that a possible suspension forces him to have some humility.

Archived