Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Undertaker vs Bret Hart was just a big 'Taker squash. It was supposedly going to be his last WWF match and he was going to WCW under Watts, but he suddenly changed his mind. A bit odd putting it in here.

In which case, I'm somewhat surprised Taker didn't beat him clean. Why protect a guy leaving with a screwy finish?

I remember a Sting/Hart match on Nitro in 1999, i thought it was really good, not seen the Mayhem one so cant compare lol, suprised the Nitro match isnt on the new Nitro set either, the match is on YT i think, but quality aint the best IMO.

The match with Sting from Mayhem was the semi-final of the World Title tournament. Its an ok match but not very long from what I recall, think its only about 10 minutes as Hart had to wrestle Benoit in the final on the same night (which was the better match and I think Hart's first WCW World title, but not included for obvious reasons). I prefered Hart/Sting from Halloween Havoc 98, but each to their own

The match with Sting from Mayhem was the semi-final of the World Title tournament. Its an ok match but not very long from what I recall, think its only about 10 minutes as Hart had to wrestle Benoit in the final on the same night (which was the better match and I think Hart's first WCW World title, but not included for obvious reasons). I prefered Hart/Sting from Halloween Havoc 98, but each to their own

Thought it was just me who actually like that HH match lol!!! Oh, think this is the Nitro match i was talking about: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rbko_st...wcw-title_sport (not available on YT)

• Paid Members

Like the look of that Bret Hart comp. I'm pleased to see the Andre match from Italy on there. Shame they didn't include his match with Rude from the same tour (I think). Maybe that wasn't taped because I'm sure Bret would want it on there given how highly he speaks of Rude in his book, first DVD, interviews etc.

Speaking of Bret Hart rareities, wasn't there a match with a guy in the 80s who Vince was raving about being his next champion, but he was all look and was the shits in the ring? I remember reading Bret made him look a star and it was meant to be quite the carry-job. Can't remember or find the guy's name but I'm sure it was in Bret's book and I know Meltzer wrote about it somewhere.

Wouldn't mind seeing that match sometime if it was taped.

• Paid Members
Like the look of that Bret Hart comp. I'm pleased to see the Andre match from Italy on there. Shame they didn't include his match with Rude from the same tour (I think). Maybe that wasn't taped because I'm sure Bret would want it on there given how highly he speaks of Rude in his book, first DVD, interviews etc.

Speaking of Bret Hart rareities, wasn't there a match with a guy in the 80s who Vince was raving about being his next champion, but he was all look and was the shits in the ring? I remember reading Bret made him look a star and it was meant to be quite the carry-job. Can't remember or find the guy's name but I'm sure it was in Bret's book and I know Meltzer wrote about it somewhere.

Wouldn't mind seeing that match sometime if it was taped.

Aye it was with a lad called Tom McGee, looked the part completely, but atrocious in the ring by the sounds of it. Never seen the match with Bret, but I gather it is knocking about online somewhere.

Archived