The 2010 UKFF UK50(+) - Results

Big Benny HG

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Possibly the new Jonny Storm. Great in the ring and gets better every time I see him"

I think that's what they call damning with faint praise :sneaky:

• Paid Members

Glad Marty did well, I too thought he'd have been top 10 this year.

"Possibly the new Jonny Storm. Great in the ring and gets better every time I see him"

I used to think this, but then I realised, he's the first Marty Scurll.

~~SHIT LIST No. 7(equal) - Chris Hart~~

hartx.jpg

"Dynamite" Chris Hart comes from the Yorkshire-based UKW promotion, which runs shows in Wakefield, Ossett and Selby, and recently ran a show in Blackpool Tower. Hart himself has also been involved in training many of the people through the UKW Academy.

As well as putting out 2 hour UKW "TV" episodes via YouTube, as well as appearing in other UKW promo videos, Hart also recorded his own shoot interview and released it on DVD. What's more, he then arranged to be filmed signing copies of said DVD. Hart has recently been on the sidelines due to a broken/dislocated arm he suffered during a match.

"Looks like Christopher Daniels in his younger days, if he didnt know what a gym or dentist was. Cuts promos where you cant understand a word he is saying and then goes on to have terrible, terrible matches. Recently dislocated his elbow giving his opponent the slowest wheelbarrow bulldog I have ever seen. Books for UKW, which has its moments, but it normally involves him near the main event, being involved with top talent or even flying Sunny over to stand in his corner (which was changed because of the injury)"

"He's terrible. I also love the video of him doing a DVD signing. No-one knows you, so who the hell cares if your 'shoot interview' is signed?!"

Most entertaining shitarse ever. Everyone should go to the UKW YouTube channel and get a load of his promos, my favourite being where he doesn't even wait to get off camera before giving the interviewer a "that was a shit promo" face. Amazing.

EDIT: Sorry, I know we've moved on since this, but I thought I'd bring the hilarity to your attention.

Edited by GaryDooton

• Paid Members

No. 14 - Bubblegum

Score: 256 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2010 votes: 0

2009 ranking: 1st

2008 ranking: 3rd

2007 ranking: 5th

2006 ranking: 37th

2005 ranking: not listed

bubblegumh.jpg

Who is he?

Last year's winner of the UKFF UK50, and a top 5 ranked wrestler for the previous 3 years, Bubblegum is the well-travelled and much-loved performer who has appeared as the lead star for promotions across the north and had supporting roles in other promotions in both England and Scotland. In a year marred by separate bouts on the sidelines due to injury, Bubblegum's 2010 ranking is his lowest since 2006.....

In Wigan's GPW, Bubblegum continued his run as the ultra-popular and hard-working top babyface. Having lost his GPW Heavyweight Championship to heel manager Alan Alan Alan Tasker's charge Juggernaut earlier in the year, BG spent much the remainder of 2009 attempting to get back into contention for the belt. At "Justice for All" in July, Bubblegum was matched with another of Tasker's wrestlers, Jack Toxic, in a qualification bout for the 10-man rumble taking place later in the show, the winner of which would receive an immdieate title shot against Juggernaut. Bubblegum's road back to the championship suffered a set-back, however, as Tasker's interfering briefcase shot cost 'Gum his opportunity in a big upset. This did set up, however, a grudge "boxing match" between Bubblegum and AAA Tasker the following month at "Heatwave". With Tasker's associates installed as judges and seconds, some dubious timekeeping, scoring and decisions meant that 'Gum faced an uphill struggle for the first 3 rounds, but came out in Round 4 to unquestionably score a decisive knock-out over Tasker with an uppercut and take the match against the odds..... After sitting the next 2 months' worth of GPW events out, Bubblegum returned to the promotion in November for the one-night "Crazy Cruiser 8" tournament, typically a high-point in-ring in GPW's year and a tournament that Bubblegum himself took in 2006. Bubblegum overcame Dutch wrestler Max Damon in an impressive quarter-final, before going down to eventual winner Joey Hayes in a blinding 20+ minute semi-final which was amongst the best matches to take place anywhere in Britiain in 2009. The back-and-forth action and desperately close near-falls created a red-hot intensity and drama which kept everyone guessing until the decisive Teenage Kick..... After scaling back his wrestling appearances in 2010, Bubblegum did not featre on an of the GPW cards in 2010, until he was shockingly revealed as the latest member of the heel Masterplan faction in September, after the end of the 2010 UKFF UK50 eligibility period.....

Bubblegum was already heel in Derbyshire's GNP/NBW, where another retirement tease had seen him turn on the fans back in April 2009 and feud with Kris Travis. The pair were supposed to meet in June, but heel interference meant that Bubblegum got away before Travis could get his hands on him. Bubblegum lost his GNP Championship to Rainz in July, leading to another match with Travis in September at "Fresh Blood". Again, nothing was settled as the warring enemies fought to a double DQ. To finally settle the score, the pair signed a contract at at January 2010 show for a Loser Leaves GNP Streetfight, to take place in March, and then got into another massive brawl. Main eventing the aptly named "Street Fight" show, the pair engaged in a brutal battle, but it was Kris Travis that won, meaning Bubblegum was forced to leave.....

Elsewhere, Bubblegum has appeared as part of both the Heavyweight and Flyweight title tournaments in the new FWA, fought as part of the Flyweight division in XWA and returned to Scotland for PBW, where he won his 2nd King of Cruisers at the annual "Maximum Impact" in October 2009 and went to war with Darkside at "Fully Charged" in February 2010..... He's also continued to appear as half of Hubba Bubba Lucha with El Ligero, making appearances in SSW, FSW and others....

What did the UKFF think?

"Gets in for his Crazy Cruiser 8 match with Hayes alone. A credit to the scene"

"Not done much in the last year, but still amazing"

"I got to see his farewell Scottish show and the crowd were very emotional. It's a statement to how great a talent he was"

"Such a shame he

Some more surprises coming up in the lists-

Scurll, Redman and Frazier I thought would have been higher,

Bubblegum so high should be a surprise - but I guessed he would be again placed high.

A few wrestlers in the 'shit list' are a surprise and some of the OTT comments about some of the wrestlers (although for some- the word 'wrestler' is a stretch of the imagination).

~~SHITLIST - No. 13(equal) - Joey Starr~~

(Apologies - I haven't been able to find, or was provided with, much of substance for this guy. Anyone able to tell us more?)

He is an expample of one of the surprises on that list and as you wanted a comment on him...

I rate him as an entertaining and believable wrestler who is as good in the ring as he is with the audience - more so than some in top 50. No disrespect to some of the entries on the list, but im sure Joey Starr would be a better example of british wrestling than the likes of some smaller, less believable guys whos wrestling skills seem to be more about interaction with some of the younger audience than in the ring wrestling.

If you havnt seem Starr wrestle, there are some matches on youtube

To be fair, some others on the list are bad (both The Shit and Top50 lists) but hey, they work hard ...again, some more than others and this place would be quieter without them to talk about.

Not sure if this comment will see me suspended again(!) - this was the thread I posted on last when I was last chucked off the forum (note to mods- it would be helpful if you could reply to pm or email asking why my account was suspended)