The 2010 UKFF UK50(+) - Results

Big Benny HG

Thing is though on this occasion. Judging by the write up from Rainz which is loaded with inside information, its more likely wrestlers and/or trainees may have voted rather than fans, so the 'nice guy' thing might be relevant here. People that know him have likely voted for him despite him being a nice guy which you think they wouldn't. So I was surprised to see him here also but he is and thats that.

Surely that suggests, then, that he definitely deserves to be here? If he is such a nice guy - and from the few times we've met I'd have to corroborate that as true, although there are other things that would lead me to suggest otherwise - then the fact that he got voted down on would surely be even more accurate, and not be based on these wrestlers or trainees' feelings about him as a person?

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i cannot find spuds response for being on a shitlist, someone, anyone please post me the links

There was a picture.

He had a mega sad face. His gear in one hand which he was about to drop in the bin. And in the other hand a piece of paper saying 'IM SHIT' :smug:

• Paid Members
ok i cannot find spuds response for being on a shitlist, someone, anyone please post me the links

DSC00199.jpg

For me, Spud should be number 1 on this list based on the fact that I'm dont care to much about British wrestling, yet he's the only on I actively speak out to see what he's up to. He's funny as hell.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Thing is though on this occasion. Judging by the write up from Rainz which is loaded with inside information, its more likely wrestlers and/or trainees may have voted rather than fans, so the 'nice guy' thing might be relevant here. People that know him have likely voted for him despite him being a nice guy which you think they wouldn't. So I was surprised to see him here also but he is and thats that.

Surely that suggests, then, that he definitely deserves to be here? If he is such a nice guy - and from the few times we've met I'd have to corroborate that as true, although there are other things that would lead me to suggest otherwise - then the fact that he got voted down on would surely be even more accurate, and not be based on these wrestlers or trainees' feelings about him as a person?

You seem to be hung up on the nice guy thing and ignoring the genuine reasons that were given as to why it was felt Rainz didn't belong on there. Which is why I asked why you'd ignored half his post. It was as if the only reason given what that he's nice.

I'm surprised that despite his niceness, his friends and peers decided to put the boot in anonymously. These are after all the most highly critical people of themselves and others, much more so than any fan I've met. So if it was only the actual fans votes that were taken into consideration, he probably wouldn't be here. As a fan, it doesn't matter how nice someone is, if you think they are shit from watching them then thats fair enough. I don't think anyone's straight up suggesting he's nice, therefore he should be immune to being voted for. But I might think it'd earn him immunity amongst his pals, how wrong I am.

I do see where you are coming from but I also see why some people are surprised he's here.

Edited by LegitBritWresFan

Maybe he does deserve to be on here , is he the greatest wrestler - NO - was Hogan , Warrior , Big Daddy. Do the crowd seem to love him - YES.

Please nobody think that Rainz is quitting because he is on the shit list.

It is personal things that were written about him from people he regarded as friends , my theory is that it might have come from a third party who thinks there big spreading some gossip they heard from a wrestler.

Rainz is a real nice guy who loves the business , he has constantly given time , effort , passion and a lot of money to the business , he really didn't deserve this to be written about him.

Furthermore Benny - you did not have to print everyone's opinions , you had a choice , and for your actions you have really upset a good man , who after nearly 20 years is now walking away from the business he loved. Yes Rainz is my friend and i felt sick when i read what had been said.

Why does there have to be a shit list - WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO ?

:laugh:

You were doing quite well untill that point.

What good does it go ? Well, in this particular thread, fuck all, but the concept is an entertaining one. I find it does a lot of good. There's been some good laughs.

So if it was only the actual fans votes that were taken into consideration, he probably wouldn't be here.

Surely if it was only the actual fans votes that were taken into consideration, the shitlist wouldn't exist. Near enough every entry is full of stories of backstage gossip. I'm not criticising it, either. I've less than zero interest in BritWres, I don't know who 90% of the people on these lists are, but the comments in the shitlist entries are fantastic.

Maybe he does deserve to be on here , is he the greatest wrestler - NO - was Hogan , Warrior , Big Daddy. Do the crowd seem to love him - YES.

Please nobody think that Rainz is quitting because he is on the shit list.

It is personal things that were written about him from people he regarded as friends , my theory is that it might have come from a third party who thinks there big spreading some gossip they heard from a wrestler.

Rainz is a real nice guy who loves the business , he has constantly given time , effort , passion and a lot of money to the business , he really didn't deserve this to be written about him.

Furthermore Benny - you did not have to print everyone's opinions , you had a choice , and for your actions you have really upset a good man , who after nearly 20 years is now walking away from the business he loved. Yes Rainz is my friend and i felt sick when i read what had been said.

All that is well and good, BUT he is not a very good wrestler. End of. I'm sure he is a nice guy and loves wrestling but he is not a good wrestler. And if he can't take criticism from a small number of people on one internet forum then really needs to take a good hard look at himself. Or maybe get better at wrestling.