Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Moderators

I loved that defenders of the earth cartoon as a kid. Adebisi for Lothar, please!

Edit: whilst I remember enjoying the the show, a quick visit to wiki later it seems I remember fuck all about what actually happened in the show and who the rest of the characters were.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I loved that defenders of the earth cartoon as a kid. Adebisi for Lothar, please!

Edit: whilst I remember enjoying the the show, a quick visit to wiki later it seems I remember fuck all about what actually happened in the show and who the rest of the characters were.

You don't remember Flash Gordon or the Phantom?

EDIT - Is there an eko in here?

thumbs up

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

Adebisi could play him.

EDIT - Is there an eko in here?

Arrows!

I've not watched Defenders for years but wasn't the jist it was all the 40/50s comic characters and a bunch of multi cultural kids ( everything needed kids in the 90s. I'm looking at you Jame Bond Jr) fighting Ming and his army of green space bastards

• Moderators

Well played, Keith!

I remember the phantom, but fit done reason remember him having his own show and not as part of this one. Did he have his own show as well; was I at least partly correct?

I of course know flash Gordon from the film, but had no recollection of him in the cartoon.

Of the theme tune even I only remembered the line 'master of magic, spells and illusion - Mandrake!'

• Paid Members

Do they drop further with age?
Serious question. Coz mine are as odd as arse. Like, one day they won't hang. They'd just be compact, looking like a the bottom end of half a golf ball and then other days they're swinging around and banging off the side of my thighs if I'm running in shorts with no undercrackers, which makes me feel alpha.

But there's no consistency to their way of suspension.

• Paid Members

I remember the phantom, but fit done reason remember him having his own show and not as part of this one. Did he have his own show as well; was I at least partly correct?

There's the Billy Zane "Phantom" film from the early/mid 90s which was quite fun. I don't remember a cartoon though.

There was a solo Phantom cartoon in the mid 90s that was set in the future called Phantom 2040.

The Billy Zane film is great fun, it takes itself exactly the right amount of seriously and captured the 1930s swashbuckling adventure serial atmosphere perfectly. It's definitely worth a rewatch if you remember it at all fondly. Also the baddie is Treat Williams and his name makes me laugh so that's a plus.