Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

That Wrestlemania book looks great. Taken from the WWE website:

• The history of each WrestleMania, from both sides of the curtain
  • Special tributes to Undertaker's Streak, Mr. WrestleMania, records, stats & more
  • Stories from influential figures, including Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart & others
  • Behind the scenes photos and anecdotes
  • Artifacts such as tickets, VIP passes, programs, promotional items and other unique surprises
  • Coverage of all the definitive Superstars and celebrities
  • Foreward by "Mr. WrestleMania" Shawn Michaels
  • Exclusive Topps collectible trading card featuring the Undertaker
  • One of five exclusive collectible bookmarks

Well this book would be more welcomed than a WWE Encyclopedia Vol 3 book. Just in time for xmas of course.

I think a big compendium looking at WWE's merchandise and memorabilia over the years would be fun to flick through. From action figures to t-shirts and every weird and wonderful thing in between with features on iconic or obscure lines of merch and some stories about their development, sales, rarities and prototypes etc. Maybe they would struggle to keep it interesting if it was trying to be comprehensive, given the shear amount of shite pumped out over the years, but I think nostalgia nonces would definitely get a kick out of seeing the things they remembered having or wanting as kids.

I would LOVE this. I'd also like to see a book about the character designs over the year's. Recently on WWE.com they've shown working sketches for different Wrestlers attire and they've been so interesting. In fact why not do a 'Inside the WWE Warehouse' book. They would be amazing.

In fact I'd also love to see a book with classic articles from the WWE mag over the years. It'd be awesome to see some of the stuff from the early 80's. Although some of the stuff was utter rubbish it's great nostalgia plus the photos were always great. With the mag going out of business this year it would make the perfect time to do this. Personally I'd love to see them re-publish each year's mags in a single volume but can't see this happening.

• Paid Members

Has anyone read the Sex, Lies and Headlocks book about Vince? Sure about 85% of it is total bullshit but still it makes for a good read. A bit like the Daily Star you know it's all bullshit but you still like to read it.

Did a review of it here: http://www.prowrestlingbooks.com/sex-lies-headlocks-shaun-assael-mike-mooneyham/

Conclusion is that it's surprisingly good on the big picture (especially given its part written by an outsider), but let down by some dodgy stories and massaging the timeline.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone read the Sex, Lies and Headlocks book about Vince? Sure about 85% of it is total bullshit but still it makes for a good read. A bit like the Daily Star you know it's all bullshit but you still like to read it.

Did a review of it here: http://www.prowrestlingbooks.com/sex-lies-headlocks-shaun-assael-mike-mooneyham/

Conclusion is that it's surprisingly good on the big picture (especially given its part written by an outsider), but let down by some dodgy stories and massaging the timeline.

I'm going to sound like a Perv but what the heck

The title of the book has the word 'Sex' in it, so what exactly are the 'sex' stories? Is it simply Sable tried to sue him? Or do we have some tales of him sleeping with the divas? Or was the word simply put in the title to sell copies, because as the old saying goe, Sex sells