Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

that Bellator countdown is a good watch if you have some time to kill. The Royce/Ken angle is a little strange but the Kimbo/Dada segment is really good. I can't help but feel that Dada 5000 is a total fraud though. Dada talks a great game (he'd make a good pro wrestler) but the conflicting view is that he's a bit of a joke, i think he drops within a minute.

This Dada 5000 guy is basically where Kimbo was ten years ago skill-wise, which is nowhere. He maybe has a hard punch and a decent chin at a push, but he's a street brawler. Kimbo, for all his faults, has at least been training properly for periods over the past ten years, learning to put together a striking game.

Unless that Dada guy cracks Slice with a big shot it's going to be a Kimbo win.

Gracie vs Shamrock is actually a fight I've been wanting to see for a while. Both of them are primarily ground fighters, and I have no real issue seeing guys of that age and experience engage in this type of fight. Saying that, I think Shamrock has more miles on the clock.

Since their last fight Gracie has fought seven times in almost 21 years, whilst Shamrock has fought 25 times! The thing is, Gracie hasn't been inactive. It's not like he's been sitting on his couch getting old, he's been grappling and conducting seminars that can last up to six hours at a time from what I've heard.

He looks to be in great shape, and I think he'll win this one by submission in the first. Ken has the heart, but the body just ain't listening anymore unfortunately.

• Paid Members

the one scenario i see in my head is the fight looking like a mini-version of their second fight. I see Gracie ending up on his back and having Ken onto of him for 3 rounds, i don't see much damage being done but i think Ken may ride out a decision. So tough to call though, who knows?

Dada 5000 is claiming that the poor bag work was intentional and he's only showing everyone what he wants them to see. I call bullshit on that.

• Moderators

Finally, an MMA card a boy can give a shit about and watch. First time since the days of Jon Hess.

Shamrock! Kimbo! This is fucking awesome. Kimbo's a badass, and he's from the Streets, All Day, All Day, that's how one of his kind eat. KO in :30. Shamrock will beat Gracie by steroids.

Edited by PowerButchi

Some crazy story on Twitter about this Kimbo/DaDa fight possibly being fixed. Apparently in the last 24 hours the value for a DaDa win has dramatically lowered (He's gone from 4.50ish to 3.30 on UniBet) all over the globe and there's been a few dodgy vases of people dropping huge sums on him winning today? One offshore betting company supposedly now has them at evens. Probably worth a fiver on DaDa and having kimbo in your accas.

Might be nothing, but wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by seanz25

Some crazy story on Twitter about this Kimbo/DaDa fight possibly being fixed.

If it is fixed I doubt Bellator know anything about it. I don't think Coker and that company would want to risk absolute ruin as an entity based on two sub-par heavyweights.

No doubt whatever the result you'll hear folk saying it was fixed (Joe Rogan leading the charge probably). It's a street fighter with zero skills against a former street fighter with limited skills, so the end will come quickly and probably look shit.

Saying that, I see no real reason to fix it. It's not as if one particular outcome is more desirable over the other, is it?