The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Haha, thats pretty cool. The Bloodstock lineup is just outstanding this year, they seem to hsve cut down on the euro power metal stuff and folk metal and gone for more straight forward metal/thrash/death metal lineup. Suits me just fine.

Haha, thats pretty cool. The Bloodstock lineup is just outstanding this year, they seem to hsve cut down on the euro power metal stuff and folk metal and gone for more straight forward metal/thrash/death metal lineup. Suits me just fine.

I think its a case of the euro power metal bands know that that particular genre isn't that big over here and can get a better payday in mainland Europe. having said that, good on Bloodstock for getting the bands that they have been

Well I've given the new Darkthrone album a few listens and it's an instant classic, this is ballsy drunkern thrash/speed metal done better than anyone else in the world right now. The album takes a more serious tone compared to the last few but it sure doesn't suffer for it but it does feel different to the catchy and slight cheesiness of tracks like "Graves of the 80's" and "Graveyard Slut".

It's crazy how good a band becomes once they take off the clown make-up.

I'll agree he's not for everyone, but personally I think he's great fun, not in a 'hes zany/crazy' kind of way, but you just learn to look at metal in a different way when listening to him. When it all comes down to it, we're listening to grown men growling away some kind of rabid animal, its downright stupid at times. But underneath all that, I find him to be a great song writer.

Each to their own at the end of the day.

Its like with Zak Wylde. Alot of people bum him as if he's somekind of virtuoso when he goes on one of his 10 minute solos. Whereas in my eyes, the 8th minute of twiddling and string bending doesn't any different from the first 30 seconds

Edited by KingOfMetal

When it comes to overrated Metal personalities i find that Devin is right up there with the likes of Phil Anselmo and Varg/Euronymous, after listening to quite a bit of his music through friends i just don't see what all the hype is about. Although, i imagine many people think the same about the people i bum like Peter Steele, Fursy or Garm (Kristoffer Rygg).

I accept that he's doing something different but so are many artists, the great thing about metal is the sheer amount of variety with tons of sub-genres.

• Paid Members

danzig-tour-poster.gif

So fucking pumped for this! Danzig are my all time favourite band and performances are getting more and more scarce as the years go on, the fact that Doyle Frankenstein from the Misfits is joining him for a set of Misfits songe for the first time ever in the UK turns this one up to 11 for me.