The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Iron Maiden are releasing another best of album covering the years 1990-2010 this time.

Iron Maiden Clicky

DISC 1

1. The Wicker Man 4.36

2. Holy Smoke 3.49

3. El Dorado 6:49

4. Paschendale 8.28

5. Different World 4.19

6. Man On The Edge (LIVE) 4.40

7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22

8. Blood Brothers 7.14

9. Rainmaker 3.49

10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE) 10.49

11. Brave New World 6.19

12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE) 7.41

DISC 2

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead 3.24

2. Tailgunner 4.15

3. No More Lies 7.22

4. Coming Home 5.52

5. The Clansman (LIVE) 9.06

6. For the Greater Good of God 9.25

7. These Colours Don't Run) 6.52

8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter 4.44

9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57

10. Dance of Death 8.36

11. When the Wild Wind Blows 11.02

In fairness I understand it's aimed at newer fans but most of those albums are available at fairly low prices so it does have a whiff of cash-in about it.

It's also a shame Blaze Bayley's time in Maiden continues to be erased. All the tracks he sang for the band are newer live versions where Bruce is on vocals.

Iron Maiden are releasing another best of album covering the years 1990-2010 this time.

Iron Maiden Clicky

DISC 1

1. The Wicker Man 4.36

2. Holy Smoke 3.49

3. El Dorado 6:49

4. Paschendale 8.28

5. Different World 4.19

6. Man On The Edge (LIVE) 4.40

7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22

8. Blood Brothers 7.14

9. Rainmaker 3.49

10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE) 10.49

11. Brave New World 6.19

12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE) 7.41

DISC 2

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead 3.24

2. Tailgunner 4.15

3. No More Lies 7.22

4. Coming Home 5.52

5. The Clansman (LIVE) 9.06

6. For the Greater Good of God 9.25

7. These Colours Don't Run) 6.52

8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter 4.44

9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57

10. Dance of Death 8.36

11. When the Wild Wind Blows 11.02

In fairness I understand it's aimed at newer fans but most of those albums are available at fairly low prices so it does have a whiff of cash-in about it.

It's also a shame Blaze Bayley's time in Maiden continues to be erased. All the tracks he sang for the band are newer live versions where Bruce is on vocals.

Funnily enough I remember reading somewhere that X-factor, Virtual XI contains some of Maiden's greatest work and that's according to Steve Harris.

As for the best of it's a shit track listing with much of that coming from Brave New World Dance of Death and A Matter of and Death and The Final Frontier with c. 14/22 tracks of just those 4 albums and many of them being on live albums and such like already

Its like 1990-2000 didnt really exist for Maiden, they just happened.:/

How many greatest hits have they now put out? 5.... 6 with this Best of the Beast, Ed Hunter, Edward The Great, The Essential Iron Maiden, Somewhere Back in Time and now From Fear to Eternity. Not bad seen as they have all been released in the last 15 years..

As sacrilgious as it may seem, I've never really liked Maiden. I cannot be the only one.

I think my dislike for Iron Maiden and Metallica is mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't really hate Maiden, they just never really interested me.

Shame the Bayley era is still being conveniently ignored for that collection, Virus and The Clansman are 2 brilliant tracks. On the subject of hating bands that everyone seems to swoon over, am I alone in not liking Deftones? Although not strictly metal, they just bore me.

Shame the Bayley era is still being conveniently ignored for that collection, Virus and The Clansman are 2 brilliant tracks. On the subject of hating bands that everyone seems to swoon over, am I alone in not liking Deftones? Although not strictly metal, they just bore me.

Snap! It seems there are some bands you need to like just because your into 'metal'. So if your into metal, your unique, just like everyone else.

People know Im probably as big a fan of Blaze Bayley as anyone on the board, but its not suprising that gets the Benoit treatment. Bruce will always be 'the voice' of Iron Maiden.

The Bayley era albums have some great tracks. X Factor is a great album and more ambitious than any of their work before that. Virtual XI is not the greatest, but has good moments (Futureal, When Two Worlds Collide, Clansman, Como Estais Amigos).

The same can said for Paul DiAnno. An important part of the bands formation, but ultimately lives in Bruce's shadow

Edited by KingOfMetal

I think my dislike for Iron Maiden and Metallica is mentioned earlier in this thread.

Your screen name explains why you hate two bands as great as Maiden and Metallica though.

How anyone can profess to love metal yet hate early Metallica is beyond me.

• Moderators

The Deftones are turd. Chino Moreno that chubby loser singing about going back to school in his mid-thirties. What are you, Billy Madison? Get the fuck out. They have a few decent tracks, but their albums are just an absolute wall of blah. Boring. I can barely tell / bring myself to care where one track ends and the next begins.

• Paid Members

i go through periods where i love the Deftones, then i kinda fall off em again. It took me almost a year to finally check out Diamond Eyes because i was going through a 'meh' period...fucking great album.