DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Isn't he about 70 by the time of Death Wish 3? I have to admit to never having seen any of these - Death Wish 1 never seems to be on. I occasionally catch glimpses of the later ones, but the terrible jackets they all wear put me off.

You're missing out!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

For instance, 3 has Deanna Troi from Star Trek: TNG raped and murdered in a spectacularly gruesome and long scene, 4 has a Danny Trejo appearance, and 5 has Lesley Anne Down disfigured from having her face battered into a broken mirror.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Fun for all the family!

Edited by Gladstone Small

Just back from seeing The Inbetweeners movie. Really, really enjoyed it. It wasn't even marred by the morons with broad Scouse accents sat behind us going "dat's you dat is lad, you know" to each other every time one of the characters said or did something. Phenomenally popular, as well. The queue to get in the likes of which I've not seen before in a cinema, apart from the last Batman film in an IMAX place.

If you like the Inbetweeners on telly, you'll like the film. It's not faltered in transition to the big screen at all. But if you don't like the TV show, the film doesn't add anything that would make you a fan.

• Paid Members
Finally stumbled onto a stinker of an episode in BSG the episode in question is Final Cut (S2) and it's fucking rotton.

Which one is that now? Please remind me.

Just back from seeing The Inbetweeners movie. Really, really enjoyed it. It wasn't even marred by the morons with broad Scouse accents sat behind us going "dat's you dat is lad, you know" to each other every time one of the characters said or did something. Phenomenally popular, as well. The queue to get in the likes of which I've not seen before in a cinema, apart from the last Batman film in an IMAX place.

I've said it somewhere else in this thread i think but that's the main reason i'm reluctant to go and see it at the cinema. Just the thought of being stuck in a room with a bunch of twats who won't shut the fuck up and watch the film makes my blood boil.

• Paid Members
Finally stumbled onto a stinker of an episode in BSG the episode in question is Final Cut (S2) and it's fucking rotton.

I'm guessing that's the Lee pointless backstory episode with the prostitute? That's the only irredeemably bad episode of BSG that I can remember.

I'm guessing that's the Lee pointless backstory episode with the prostitute? That's the only irredeemably bad episode of BSG that I can remember.

Im thinking its episode where for the first time we see D'anna Biers and there is a revelation about her status.

Cant recall that being crap as she makes the news report.

That Apollo Ep I thought was series 2 iirc

Which one is that now? Please remind me.

It's the one where Adama lets the reporter have unlimited access to the ship and it's crew, other then a few half decent scenes and a solid ending (though I did see the twist coming) I personally hated it.

Starbuck is starting to grate on my nerves now (though that started with her bizzare 180 at the end of Flesh and Bone) and even under the circumstances I am having a hard time believing that anyone would follow the orders of a constantly drunk Saul, his boozing is getting rediculous and does his wife serve any purpose other then to annoy?

Baltar is a riot and I'm enjoying the "Sharon" & Helo story.

Great show so far even with some annoyances.

I saw Super 8 last night.

Can't remember if there's been much discussion on it here, but I really enjoyed it. It was nearly a classic Spielberg film, in a good way - the nostalgic feeling of being a kid and all that, with shocks and laughter mixed in. I guess it's like a scarier ET in many respects. It was a loving recreation, but it wasn't Spielberg, and so didn't quite manage to walk that fine path between endearing and cheesy, with some lines and moments falling into the corny.

Overall though it was entertaining, with the train crash scene in particular being a simply fantastic scene! I'm not sure about Abrams' love affair with lens flare though - there was WAAY to much blue lens flare, so much so that at one point I thought the picture was corrupted.

Also, the girl is actually 13. Damn.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
It's the one where Adama lets the reporter have unlimited access to the ship and it's crew, other then a few half decent scenes and a solid ending (though I did see the twist coming) I personally hated it.

Starbuck is starting to grate on my nerves now (though that started with her bizzare 180 at the end of Flesh and Bone) and even under the circumstances I am having a hard time believing that anyone would follow the orders of a constantly drunk Saul, his boozing is getting rediculous and does his wife serve any purpose other then to annoy?

Baltar is a riot and I'm enjoying the "Sharon" & Helo story.

Great show so far even with some annoyances.

Yeah, that episode's a bit shite. Thankfully, as a series on the whole, it has more than enough quality to make up for it.

By the way, did you watch the pre-series mini-series/movie? Helps explain a lot of things.