DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

I saw Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. Despite the odd title, I really really enjoyed it.

There has been talk about whether or not Andy Serkis should get an oscar nomination, it's hard for me to say because you don't know how much is computer and how much is the actor, but regardless his character of Caeser is incredible and I don't see how anyone couldn't root for him.

It also fits in nicely with the overall mythology of the previous films for the most part (not including Burton's pile of shite).

I can't wait to see it again. One fucking epic moment in paticular sent chills up my spine like very few films have:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape!"

NO!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Geoffrey Sax's ITV Othello, from 2001 - pretty good, dynamite Christopher Ecclestone, as usual, and interesting twist at the end. Also, weird to watch London shown as riven by race riots, caused by the police killing a black guy.

I do like that film. Admittedly Othello is one of my favourite of the Shakespeare's plays anyway (seeing it live as I did in a small pub cellar was an incredible live experiance) but the movie probably stands on tis own, being an adaptation anyway.

I've now watched 3 episodes of the re-imagined ThunderCats, and it is awesome. I never really watched the cartoon as a kid so can't tell you how it relates but as a stand alone series I'm completely hooked.
Agreed. I like to think its like the old cartoon crossed with Game Of Thrones. I'd say they've aimed it at the adults that watched the old show as a kid and at todays kids to gain a new following and succeeded in that.

Check it out if you like the sound that,guys.

Edited by Hyperion

Death Wish 2 is still a true classic. In fact I love them all and could happily watch the five all day long. What's your favourite? Mine's probably 2.

Having not seen it for an age.. is that the one with the dude with a BB gun?

• Moderators

Death Wish 2 is where his daughter who was made retarded and mute after getting raped in the first one is gang raped (and filmed in an erotic style) and jumps onto a load of spikes to her death out of a window and Laurence Fishburne gets shot through a ghetto blaster.

Always had a soft spot for Death Wish 3 myself even though I think it gets shit on more often then not.

EDIT

For the BSG viewers/fans here should I watch the extended episodes (I'm about three episode from Pegasus) or just stick with the shorter versions that aired on TV?

Edited by The King Of Swing

Agreed. I like to think its like the old cartoon crossed with Game Of Thrones. I'd say they've aimed it at the adults that watched the old show as a kid and at todays kids to gain a new following and succeeded in that.

Check it out if you like the sound that,guys.

There is deffo something very Zelda-esque about it, the journey, the fish guys and those plant dudes. I love the design of it aswell, which is something that has divided people. I just finished the 4th one and am dying to see the next one :(

Edited by Cobra1000

Isn't he about 70 by the time of Death Wish 3? I have to admit to never having seen any of these - Death Wish 1 never seems to be on. I occasionally catch glimpses of the later ones, but the terrible jackets they all wear put me off.