DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Finally got around to watching Zombieland last night.

Really enjoyed the first part of the movie, had some very dark humour and some good set pieces but, by the time they reached SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Bill Murray's Mansion

it was losing some of its spark. Still a good watch though and I loved SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The rules for living with zombies, appearing throughout

• Paid Members

I'll maybe give it another go tonight (although you bringing up Troma makes me want to find Toxic Avenger). When it finished I felt it didn't quite reach its potential - but that's probably because my expectations were a little high, which can indeed be toxic.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Moderators
I thought Warrior was a bit fucking ridiculous, how this unkown guy with no track record apart from some youtube vid of him beating a Chuck Liddell character gets into a big tournament was dumb. At least the other brother was a former UFC fighter and had formal training from a Greg Jackson style trainer. I also had issue how every takedown was a big slam, but obviously that's more down them being more cinematic than someone struggling to get a single leg after 30 seconds.

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like you were expecting it to be aimed and "hardcore fight fans", which is a bit silly. You've only yourself to blame for not enjoying it. All the other mma fans I know who have seen it have enjoyed it - I think you need to just cut it a bit of slack.

• Paid Members

I get RP's point. The story of the fights and the progression of the tournament, sometimes felt like some of the ridiculous stuff I'd make up when my figures were battling it out.

It's still a good film, if a little daft. Some would argue Rocky is too (although Rocky doing so well, is covered brilliantly by Apollo Creed treating the fight as a joke).

• Paid Members
Just watched the version of Brimstone and Treacle with Sting (singer, not wrestler) as I want to direct the stage version next year. Pfff, bloody hell, forgot how good a film it is.

Need to see this, really enjoyed Karaoke last year and I really should watch more Dennis Potter.

For another underrated film in which Sting is really good, Stormy Monday is also a great shout.