DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
I saw Stanley Tucci in Waterstones last Sunday. He's a very smartly dressed man in real life, not just in the movies.

I would have stroked him. I love Stanley Tucci.

Ever watched Murder One? One of the great TV series acting performances that I have ever seen. Brilliant actor, probably a lovely man.

Watched The Calcium Kid last night. Was pretty good Didn't know it was a mockumentary type affair. It was a nice tale of a Milkman come good as a boxer and all the trials and tribulations in between including Omid Djalili as a dodgy boxing manager, Ronni Ancona as Orlando Bloom's Prostitute/Exotic Mum a hot and mainly hot pant wearing Billie Piper and the Assistant Warden who gets killed in Tango and Cash whilst helping them escape prison as a super agent in the Don King mould

Wasnt expecting anything from it but was presently surprised, though the ending was a typical Brit Deus Ex Machina, as the budget didnt clearly stretch to a big money ending, but still it was enjoyable enough

Repo Men was sub par but had a cracking ending, plus Forest Whitaker is always great.

Repo Men was a strange affair. It should have been good but something just didnt click, and yes its one of those `cool` endings

It was through a search for this film I came across Repo: the genetic opera which has now become a top film for me

• Paid Members
I saw Stanley Tucci in Waterstones last Sunday. He's a very smartly dressed man in real life, not just in the movies.

I would have stroked him. I love Stanley Tucci.

Ever watched Murder One? One of the great TV series acting performances that I have ever seen. Brilliant actor, probably a lovely man.

Cheers for the tip off on this Gladstone.

I have a few episodes to watch over the weekend.

• Moderators

I only ever saw the Murder One series that had Abnthony LaPaglia in it. I heard the first series was much better..

I saw Horrible Bosses last night. It was good. A lot of familiar faces in that film! And not just the big celebs but people like Claire from Modern Family and Floyd from 30 Rock. Totally didn't recognise Colin Farrel; didn't know it was him til his name came up in the credits.

• Paid Members
I only ever saw the Murder One series that had Abnthony LaPaglia in it. I heard the first series was much better..

It was. The second series is okay, but the first one was amazing.

100% this. The 2nd series had 3 different cases IIRC whereas the first focused on one case throughout. I remember reading something at the time that claimed Daniel Benzali (sp?) was replaced because producers thought he wasn't attractive enough for the lead & they didn't think viewers would have the patience to watch another full series with a single plot. Suffice to say there wasn't a third.

Watched Wall Street 2 today found it pretty boring and couldn't stand Carey Mulligans character. Would say this is one to avoid

Couldn't disagree more. I thought Wall Street 2 was fantastic. Yes, it's an ideological rant of a film, but it's Oliver Stone - that's what he does. Of course, you're not meant to like the main characters, they are all repulsively self-centred and spoilt. I thought it did a great job of highlighting the daylight robbery that was the bank bail-out in the US, and was a great sequel to the original, with the moving forward of the characters particularly well done.

There's a double-pack DVD of the two films, worth picking up.

Went and saw Warrior last Sunday. Planning on going again a few more times. Such an amazing film. the end was really emotional. Outside the fight scenes the story in general was great. Finally an MMA film done properly

This will do to MMA what the Wrestler did to Wrestling.

It`ll allow the people who dont understand the combat aspect to see from the inside how it works. How it may be brutal and yes, fighting in a cage, but theres a reason it happens, a story behind every fighter.

its certainly worthy of a watch, even take the gf along, she`ll enjoy it too.