General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

Would have been tricky to remove the constitution from the national curriculum in the 70s considering we didn't have a national curriculum until 1988.

I studied British government and politics for a GCSE in 1994.

• Paid Members
Would have been tricky to remove the constitution from the national curriculum in the 70s considering we didn't have a national curriculum until 1988.

I studied British government and politics for a GCSE in 1994.

I'm pretty sure we studied the British constitution in our politics A Level too.

• Paid Members
On the topic of the world's economy check out the Keiser Report on Russia Today.

Watch the Keiser Report on Russia Today, Freeview Channel 85 or Sky 512

08.00am Tuesday and Thursday and repeated at 12.00pm.

Every week, Max Keiser looks at all the scandal behind the financial news headlines. I am impressed by his truthful, emphatic and straightforward manner of speaking... I'm also impressed by the fact that RT allows so much economic truth to be spoken of on their programs/shows/reports, especially "Keiser Report"... Quite contrary to most if not all of the world's mainstream media.

Wow, you've actually posted somebody somewhat worth listening to. Max Keiser's pretty good, although you're not going to get much out of it if you're anywhere right of centre-left.

@JNLister Was that in 6th form? Making it further education as opposed to something everyone learns about. I never learnt about the British Constitution in secondary school for my GCSE's, I don't recall it as an option to for the final 2 years at school. I did history as a GCSE and that was all post war history.

Anyway I don't have all the answers as I say, I'm just sharing information about a movement, it's something to have a look at.

Feel free to have a butchers at the videos/talks: http://www.thebcgroup.org.uk/video

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Why should I though, Duane? I mean, it's not like this is a two way street is it?

Every time you post one of your videos, I spend valuable time looking at it, and 95% of the time conclude that it's rubbish, but you never acknowledge that people have actually done that, you just shrug off everyone's opinions and move on to the next conspiracy or assume nobody watched it.

You seem completely willing to accept the opinion of fringe commentators and random bloggers, but never willing to either read conventional news media in any depth or listen to the arguments of people on here, even if they take the time to search out info or facts for you.

I want to like you, I really do, but you act like such a giant cock when you post these videos that... honestly, it's hard to.

Like others here, I did GCSE Politics, but regardless of that all you need to do is read a decent newspaper once a week (Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent, Observer, FT) and you'll learn about this shit for yourself.

You seem completely willing to accept the opinion of fringe commentators and random bloggers, but never willing to either read conventional news media in any depth or listen to the arguments of people on here, even if they take the time to search out info or facts for you.

Well it's the old adage, isn't it? A Conspiracy Theorist is someone who believes nothing they read in the media and everything they read on the internet.

Then again, I can't be believed as my age this year added to the year I was born ends in 111. So I'm part of the binary matrix or something.

So Alan Johnson leaves the Shadow Cabinet because of 'issues at home'

Resigned before pushed? Ill bet the 'blind' sites will be having a field day?

On a Personal Level its a great thing for politics, because I cant stand the odious self righteous cunt.. Whatever issues he has at home though I hope get sorted swiftly.

On a Personal Level its a great thing for politics, because I cant stand the odious self righteous cunt.. Whatever issues he has at home though I hope get sorted swiftly.

Yeah he struck me as a dickhead as well. Having said that, I don't wish anyone personal problems.

I don't dislike him as much as I do Tony Blair and especially Keith Vaz. Vaz is a first rate twat.

Edited by The Natural

Question Time looks to be a decent watch tonight, with Simon Hughes, Caroline Spelman, Alastair Campbell, George Galloway and Clarke Carlisle on the panel.

Galloway is always an interesting guy when it comes to shows like this.

Question Time looks to be a decent watch tonight, with Simon Hughes, Caroline Spelman, Alastair Campbell, George Galloway and Clarke Carlisle on the panel.

Galloway is always an interesting guy when it comes to shows like this.

Only a decent watch if you think that Spielman, Campbell arent going to be anything that self righteous smug bastards, chuck in Hughes and Galloway vying for attention and poor Mr Carlisle is going to be lost in the mix (either that or compared to the others he will come across as a decent bloke?)

I was going to watch this but it will be a car crash.. too many 'strong personalities' means that nothing will get discussed and will be pissing about over party mantras for most of it or will be Campbell trying to score points off everyone as per, Yawn

• Paid Members

Clarke Carlisle? Campbell must have got him on. True fact: Alistair Campbell told my mate in the away end during the Reading v Burnley game, that Eddie Howe was certain to be the next Burnley manager, when the odds were about 11-1. He didn't stick the bet on after much consideration, and it came to pass. He was gutted. Things to take from this? Campbell has connections in the Burnley board and if he offers you a good tip, fucking take it, even if you think he's a cunt.

Why can't you stand him? I like him but I don't think he was a good choice for the shadow chancellor. I am glad Ed Balls will now be able to rip Osborne to shreds.

Why can't you stand him? I like him but I don't think he was a good choice for the shadow chancellor. I am glad Ed Balls will now be able to rip Osborne to shreds.

Erm, mainly the 'self righteous odious cunt' bit I mentioned before

That will do it

NB: Transpires according to This week that one of his bodyguards has been indicted on something.. Intriguing

That will do it

NB: Transpires according to This week that one of his bodyguards has been indicted on something.. Intriguing

Why do you think he is self-righteous and odious?

That will do it

Why do you think he is self-righteous and odious?

Because he always comes across as always being holier than thou, and a cretinous ratbag despite being a 'a calamity' and generally not having a scooby doo. Examples. going after Debbie Hirst over her fighting to get Avastin while Health Secretary, his 'slimey and very cuntish' appearences on Question Time, that he has been proven time and again to not have a fucking clue what he is going on about. How much are Employers National Insurance contribuionss? He was meant to be Shadow Chancellor and was miles out! Yet he went on as if he spoketh the truth His part in the Gitmo torture cover up and so on

Utter Cunt of the highest order professionally. Hope what ever has caused his resignation is solvable and not utter crap privatly