General politics discussion thread

David

"I spent the entire night with my back turned to him.

I don't know if the cameras picked this up but Griffin was trembling and shaking like a leaf.

She's contradicted herself there, hasn't she?

Also, not apropos of the thread's current topic, but I just watched WWE Superstars and Matt Striker called Tommy Dreamer "the leader of the Labour party."

• Paid Members
Honestly did anyone watch it right. How can a guys view change so much in a short time to a non racist view.

To be fair, you can change your outlook on life. I used to be massively racist, granted I was 14 or 15 at the time, but nowadays I'm just a right-wing libertarian...if that makes any sense.

HAHA funny pic :thumbsup:

As for the complaints it usually only takes about a dozen for the beeb to brick it so 140 complaining about the BNP being bullied is a pretty large amount.

They get a hell of a lot more complaints than that whenever Kelvin Mackenzie's on.

"I spent the entire night with my back turned to him.

I don't know if the cameras picked this up but Griffin was trembling and shaking like a leaf.

She's contradicted herself there, hasn't she?

Also, not apropos of the thread's current topic, but I just watched WWE Superstars and Matt Striker called Tommy Dreamer "the leader of the Labour party."

Thats just nit-picking a figure of speech

I think it's terrible that only eight million people bothered to watch this weeks Question Time, especially when you consider that last years X-Factor finale pulled in almost double those numbers. I don't consider myself to be politically active but in my view having Nick Griffin on the show was the right decision as he was finally given the opportunity to show what an ignorant fool he and his ilk truly are. I was disappointed that so much time was wasted discussing irrelevant matters from the past but I was relieved that Griffin clearly lacked the intelligence or wit to counter any of the accusations that were slung his way.

I think it's terrible that only eight million people bothered to watch this weeks Question Time, especially when you consider that last years X-Factor finale pulled in almost double those numbers. I don't consider myself to be politically active but in my view having Nick Griffin on the show was the right decision as he was finally given the opportunity to show what an ignorant fool he and his ilk truly are. I was disappointed that so much time was wasted discussing irrelevant matters from the past but I was relieved that Griffin clearly lacked the intelligence or wit to counter any of the accusations that were slung his way.

I think it was on the Beeb or even Sky News that the 8 million viewers for that time slot is an all time record. What I didnt get, is why, like when the expenses scandal broke, they didnt shift QT to a prime time slot, especially when it was recorded slightly earlier than usual too.

Agreed. This weeks QT was, in my view, one of the most important broadcasts in British television history. To put the leader of a far-right political party on taxpayer funded television was an incredibly bold move and we're lucky that Griffin came across as an uneducated buffoon and not the colourful and charismatic character that BNP voters believe he is. As long as this country remains a Democracy the BNP, especially with the backing of one million voters, have a right to air their views, to deny them of that is to admit that freedom of speech really only applies to those with "acceptable views", which is more dangerous than the BNP could ever hope to be.

'One In Five Voters Now Considering BNP

More than a fifth of voters would consider voting for the British National Party according to the first opinion poll taken since the controversial appearance of Nick Griffin on Question Time.

Taken in the hours after Mr Griffin's appearance, the YouGov poll for The Daily Telegraph found 22% of voters would seriously consider voting BNP in a future local, general or European election.

Two thirds said they would never vote BNP under any circumstances, with the rest unsure.

More than half of those questioned said that they agreed with the BNP, or thought that the party had a point, in wishing to speak up for the interests of the indigenous, white British people which successive governments have done too little to protect.

This included 43% who said that while they shared some of its concerns, they had no sympathy for the party itself.

Twelve per cent said that they completely agreed with the BNP and supported the party's decision to speak up, while 38% said that they disagreed totally with the BNP's political outlook.

The figures are based on a sample of 1,314 electors across Britain interviewed online from October 22-23.

A BBC spokesman said: "We have been very clear in setting out our reasons for having Nick Griffin on Question Time.

"The BBC's obligation is around due impartiality. It is not our job to comment on the ebb and flow of opinion polls."

Mr Griffin's debut appearance on the show sparked uproar, with angry scenes outside BBC TV Centre in west London as nearly 1,000 demonstrators protested at the move.

He said he is to make a formal complaint to the BBC about his treatment on the panel, which he believed had been deliberately "twisted" in order to focus on him and his party's policies, leaving him to face a "lynch mob".

Meanwhile, a former government adviser said Labour had allowed huge increases in immigration over the past decade to socially engineer a more multicultural Britain.

Andrew Neather, a speechwriter who worked in Downing Street for Tony Blair and in the Home Office for Jack Straw and David Blunkett, said Labour's relaxation of controls was a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration".

Ministers hoped to radically change the country and by doing so "rub the Right's nose in diversity".

But Mr Neather said senior Labour figures were reluctant to discuss the policy, fearing it would alienate its "core working-class vote".

Oh dear :(

The part in bold I can actually believe with the cretins we have in power but revealing that now be it true or BS could very well push more voters towards the BNP.

Why do the British Nazi's hate Nick Griffin and the BNP?

Nick Griffin and the higher-ups in the BNP are constantly seen wearing black jackets over white shirts in public. To wear a black jacket (which represents the filthy negro immigrant criminal) over the white shirt (which represents the noble white man) promotes the wrong sort of message and in the eyes of a few makes a mockery of the whole white supremacist movement.