General politics discussion thread

David

I guess posts like yours are at least an insight into how a BNP voter would view all that.

:laugh:

And I don't know what Twitter you're using, but overwhelmingly the response seems to be:

- Griffin is an absolute fuckwit and a vile shambles of a man

- Straw is still a cock

- Bonnie Greer for Queen~!

The point is, we know Griffin is a fool, thats not news.

I'm saying that I have spent all week hearing about this great dismantling that we were going to see.

What happened to it?

Griffin spent most of the show fucking laughing at Straw and Warsi arguing with each other.

We were never going to see the dismantling that we should have seen. Comments like the fucking atrocious "Dick ... Nick Griffin." one sums up exactly why. Nobody was interested in being impartial and just gradually outing him as a prick. They wanted to go in with the big two footed tackles. Thankfully, Griffin managed to fuck up anyways. The worst being his comments on the BBC. He was basically handed an olive branch with that one. What the fuck was he thinking ?!?!

I was hoping he would have been asked about other pressing issues of the day, such as the Mail strike, the economy etc.

He would have anticipated the race shit, so would have been prepared for it somewhat.

He did fuck up with the BBC statement though.

• Paid Members
Griffin spent most of the show fucking laughing at Straw and Warsi arguing with each other.

No he didnt. Straw and Warsi had a couple of exchanges and that was about it.

I'm pleased because a smarter man could use the show to promote how he is being treated unfairly and ganged up on. Unfortunately for the BNP supporters, Griffins arguments were weak and looked like a sweaty fool. It wasnt a total disaster, but I thought he looked terrible.

Hopefully the main parties can pull themselves together after this and create opposing manifestos that people can compare. Then the public wont be left feeling out of the loop and just vote for the BNP as a 'fuck you' to the main parties.

• Moderators
I guess posts like yours are at least an insight into how a BNP voter would view all that.

:laugh:

I put that because I thought I remembered you saying that at some point. Apologies if that's wrong.

But yeah, it was always going to be a bit of a pantomime with the big build-up, but as others have said, he's so stupid and so obviously hiding his facism behind these paper-thin facades that it took almost nothing for him to completely expose himself.

But the Labour party took a real beating tonight.

What? Jack Straw clearly came off the best of the three main party representatives (I particularly liked his Dr. Strangelove line). It's a shame he was never allowed to fully explain the progress Labour has made with their immigration policy.

I put that because I thought I remembered you saying that at some point. Apologies if that's wrong.

I did indeed vote BNP in the Euro elections, and i'm glad I did.

I'm very anti-EU, and oppose the centralisation of Europe, and seeing fools like the BNP members who got voted in represent it makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

I presume you'll be withdrawing your apology?

What? Jack Straw clearly came off the best of the three main party representatives (I particularly liked his Dr. Strangelove line). It's a shame he was never allowed to fully explain the progress Labour has made with their immigration policy.

Yeah, a real shame.

I'll be happy to see the Tories come in next year.

Edited by hardcore_harry

• Moderators

I did indeed vote BNP in the Euro elections, and i'm glad I did.

I'm very anti-EU, and oppose the centralisation of Europe, and seeing fools like the BNP members who got voted in represent it makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

I presume you'll be withdrawing your apology?

Like Nick Griffin's wang from a man's anus in the eventual gay scandal I'll be praying for.

Griffin's hands and voice were really badly shaking. You could tell that it was the biggest night of his life. I can't imagine what it must feel like going on TV under that much pressure, knowing how hated you are.

He came across very badly, to my mind; really creepy. Can't imagine anyone who watched tonight thinking yeah, I'll vote for his party, he seems good. I doubt many potential or undecided BNP voters even know Question Time exists though.

But the Labour party took a real beating tonight.

Bobbins how do you figure Jack Straw came of best of the main 3 I thought Huhne won it but was a shiet showing alround.. Warsi trying to hide her seeming homophobia by skirting around erm what people can and cant do was hilarious.

I cant take jack Straw seriously as he looks like the Demon Head Master, and he doesnt have a grip on his own constituency according to the people that live there.

He got called on Immgration on QT and bottled it trying to attack the BNP and deflect the issue.. rather than answer the question. Ffs even Huhne tried to blame the Tories for the emss and they havent been in power since 1997.. Why can they just say we fucked up, this is how we will fix it.. Its not hard.. I think a bit of honest from the main parties wouldnt go a miss and may go someway to repairing the mistrust in politics..

A few we fucked it up admissions would be a start

Have to say I loved Jack Straw absolutely shitting himself the entire hour, he could barely calm himself down to waffle out an answer most of the time.

A classic moment was when Nick Griffin was referring to his visit to Libya and telling Gaddafi to stop funding the IRA

Straw's response after a moment of silence - "......well you were trying to get him to fund you instead!!!!"

Nice one Jack :laugh:

• Paid Members
He looked incredibly uncomfortable too - hands shaking, voice shaking, sweaty, that silly little "I'm in on the joke" chuckling all the way through, and the frail-mask slipped totally at end with the stuff about two men kissing being "creepy."

I don't think Griffin looked uncomfortable at all during the show. To me it seemed like he really didn't care what people (ie the panel and hostile audience) thought of him, and was having a great time because he loves attention.

As for the show, it went as I thought it would.

The kind of people who are going to agree with Nick Griffin will think that he did well. They'll think it was a hit job. That he handled it well, and that he made good points. For instance, when he went into his little rant about the gays I thought it was funny. The kind of people who hold those views will think that Griffin is one of the only people in British politics speaking for them.

Everyone else will think that he came across badly.

Edited by nfc90210