General politics discussion thread

David

I am not racist and never have been but when I was between the ages of 17-19 I was very anti immigration and felt that the government was letting too many people in. Then I started getting the feeling that my pride in being British was being demonised as I can no longer officially call myself English I have to call myself White. I am not complaining to the level of the BNP because to be honest its not a huge deal I just think its a crying shame I cannot vocalise my pride in being English as a white person, by all means my mate Abdul can talk about how proud he is to be English but for me to wave the flag or to back Pro UK stances would nowadays be misconstrued as racist and small minded. I believe immigration needs to be curbed quite drastically and that we need to fight the other governments in Europe who show no regard for our border control rules (I am looking at you France). I know plenty of immigrants and they are fine people, my anger from when I was younger has passed. These people want a new life and we provide them a better standard. Nick Griffin is playing into the worries and fears of those who feel they cannot hold back this tide, that the government is demonising your average white family and that their way of life is threatened. He claims he is no Nazi but how many times have we seen documentaries on tv about neo nazi groups where they are targeting the young who have little future, or those who fear change because they know they will get their support.

The BNP will hardly get anything from Question Time but I think it was highly irresponsible of the BBC to allow such bullying of Nick Griffin. There should have been more done to control the situation. I understand people are angry that a fascist could get so popular to be elected but it would have been so much better if we could have let them bury themselves. Communism and Fascism are political trains of thought that are now outdated, the possibility of a fascist government in this country is virtually nil. By bullying Nick Griffin they give him reason to complain and ask for more airtime on QT in a 'non multicultural area like london' because he wants to make his points. I think that is a bloody good idea, take QT to his contituency or whatever, have the locals for and opposimng the BNP come in and really question him about his policies, then get the Liberals, the Conservatives and Labour representatives to say what they will do, to pledge some difference making policy and I am sure Griffin will lose many supporters.

I fully support the BNP. I'm not xenophobic in the slightest, but I do feel that England is losing its heritage due to the high levels of immigrants, many of which don't even speak English, and many of which want us to make adaptations to our culture to make them feel more at home.

The BNP immigration policies detailed on its website make for interesting reading. The country is already bursting at the seams as it is, and really needs more careful border control. Deporting the two million who are currently here illegally is essential.

According to the BNP the only people who belong here in England are the "ethnically British", that refers to white people who were born in this country. If you support the BNP then you support the deportation of every non-white and every white foreigner regardless of how long they've lived here or how much they've contributed to this country.

There's a sadistic side of me that would love to see what England would be like with no doctors, no taxi drivers, no street cleaners and no restaurants. I wonder who Nick Griffin would blame when England became a third world country overnight.

I fully support the BNP. I'm not xenophobic in the slightest, but I do feel that England is losing its heritage due to the high levels of immigrants, many of which don't even speak English, and many of which want us to make adaptations to our culture to make them feel more at home.

The BNP immigration policies detailed on its website make for interesting reading. The country is already bursting at the seams as it is, and really needs more careful border control. Deporting the two million who are currently here illegally is essential.

Fully? Really?

Or do you just support the "safe" policies that pander to the average disillusioned numpty, and casually overlook the more downright evil policies reserved for the lowest of racist scum?

I don't think there are many people questioning that immigration is, or at least will be very soon, out of control in the UK. It isn't racist or fascist to say that, it's the truth, the Canadians and Australians realised this long ago. But I'm pretty sure, if you look into every last detail, you probably don't fully support the BNP, or even if you agree with the vast majority of their policies, surely you can see that the people running it and most of the people with memberships, are complete morons.

As long as you feel British, and as long as you appreciate the heritage of Britain in your own way, it will never be lost, and I think you'll find, considering the hammering Labour has got over it, when the Tories get in next election, immigration will improve significantly. England doesn't need the BNP to do that. I'm not Conservative, but I am able to see that the BNP are not the only people who will decrease immigration, hell, if you don't want to vote Tory, vote UKIP, they love their bloody fossil fuel factories but they'll sort immigration out too.

I couldn't buy into the BNP, even if I agreed with absolutely everything they said, because the people behind it are fools, as proved on Question Time, but who's more the fool....?

Edited by Enter Raven

According to the BNP the only people who belong here in England are the "ethnically British", that refers to white people who were born in this country.

Really?

Whenever i've heard Griffin talk about the matter he has mentioned the fact that they are not looking to eject anyone who is not;

1) An illegal immigrant

2) An immigrant with a criminal record

He has said that money would be available for anyone who wishes to return to the country of their parents birth if they wish, but then again they have said that the Government offer this option already.

I'm sure they're lying though, just like they did about Churchills views on racism.

• Paid Members
Why do the British Nazi's hate Nick Griffin and the BNP?

Nick Griffin and the higher-ups in the BNP are constantly seen wearing black jackets over white shirts in public. To wear a black jacket (which represents the filthy negro immigrant criminal) over the white shirt (which represents the noble white man) promotes the wrong sort of message and in the eyes of a few makes a mockery of the whole white supremacist movement.

That true? Absolutely insane.

• Paid Members
According to the BNP the only people who belong here in England are the "ethnically British", that refers to white people who were born in this country.

Really?

Whenever i've heard Griffin talk about the matter he has mentioned the fact that they are not looking to eject anyone who is not;

1) An illegal immigrant

2) An immigrant with a criminal record

He has said that money would be available for anyone who wishes to return to the country of their parents birth if they wish, but then again they have said that the Government offer this option already.

I'm sure they're lying though, just like they did about Churchills views on racism.

Well, a quick google search has an article from the Time where it says he said:

ON RACE

• Paid Members

Well, wikiquotes says

Keep England White" is a good slogan.

On Commonwealth immigration, recorded in Harold Macmillan's diary entry for 1955-01-20 (Peter Catterall (ed.), The Macmillan Diaries: The Cabinet Years, 1950-57 (Macmillan, 2003), p. 382)

So it could be possible, if he thought that way.

I've posted an article regarding the Churchill allegations a few pages back. They come from a so-called reputable source.

See, the problem is, i'm always slightly sceptical of what the media prints & says, especially the media that is run directly by the likes of Rupert Murdoch (The Sun, News Of The World, The Times & Sunday Times, and Sky TV), Harold Harmsworth (Daily Mail, Mail On Sunday, The Metro, and part of ITN), and Conrad Black (Daily Telegraph, Jerusalem Post and Chicago Sun-Times) before 1997.

One person having so much control over what the majority of the nation read, and ultimately regard as fact, isn't really ideal.

• Paid Members

And what makes it worse is that the likes of the Times, Mail and Sun are all notoriously left-wing with a biased liberal, multicultural perspective which hides the truth which the BNP tell.

Incidentally, while Griffin's dad fought in the war and Straw's didn't, my grandad fought in two wars (WWII and Korea) so my opinion on racial issues wins.

And what makes it worse is that the likes of the Times, Mail and Sun are all notoriously left-wing with a biased liberal, multicultural perspective which hides the truth which the BNP tell.

Incidentally, while Griffin's dad fought in the war and Straw's didn't, my grandad fought in two wars (WWII and Korea) so my opinion on racial issues wins.

Possibly.

Or maybe it has more to do with the influence these media forms can have over people when it comes to political matters that actually make a difference to what happens in the country.