General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members
i don't know much about politics but i over heard someone on the bus talking about the BNP

what i gathered was that ages a go every europen country signed something that we where all welcome in others countrys so i could go live in france or germany and a german could come live in england?

than some places (france and germany these people named) wouldn't let other europeans in?

now nearly every europen country in europen apart from england has banned people coming in?

so the BNP want us to ban it too?

if this is true i m with the BNP. its getting stupid the amount of foregins who come into england, get free health care,free student loans, and take all are jobs. its about time we stopped being so british and saying "welcome to britain" and tell them to fuck off back to their own country.

i don't know how right these two people where they where old people i say 70's

Leave the thread, now for your own good, bit of friendly advice.

can someone tell me what the BNP do want then and why everyone hates them

I'm guessing you mean their policies?

Foreign Affairs

We would have no quarrel with any nation that does not threaten British interests. In this regard, a BNP government will:

- Reach an accord with the Muslim world whereby they will agree to take back their excess population which is currently colonising this country, in exchange for an ironclad guarantee that Britain will never again interfere in the political affairs of the Middle East or try to dictate to any Arab or Muslim country as to what their internal government form should be; and

- Maintain an independent foreign policy of our own, and not a spineless subservience to the USA, the

Thats the first time I have read the BNP policies. I don't think they have thought things through properly. But then again they know they won't get in so they can promise anything!

They most likely haven't, but then again, can we say that the current lot have? ;)

- Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally;

- Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;

- Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain.

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with those particular ideas.

If the major parties actually took a real stand over immigration the BNP would be pretty much finished.

Uh Oh......

BNP leader Nick Griffin could be invited back to make further appearances on Question Time, according to a senior BBC executive.

The BBC's deputy director general Mark Byford said that 'they (the BNP) should be invited' again and that their party political broadcasts will be screened by the BBC at the next election.

Mr Byford said it was justifiable because the BNP was 'not banned from the airwaves'.

He said: 'It's a minority party with a small share, so it's not week-in, week-out or even month-in, month-out, but if they are an elected party that can fight elections and they get that support then the BBC thinks they should be invited.'

Source: Daily Mail

Is this really a feasible policy? Ask yourself these questions: How would you find all these illegal immigrants, who don't want to be found? Having found them, where would we deport them to, if they refuse to tell us where they are from? Who would implement this policy, as the police and army are already stretched thin as it is? How much would this policy cost? Given our huge budget deficit, how would we go about paying for it? Saying deport them all is simple, but if you stop and think about it implementing such a policy without infringing on the civil liberties of the people in this country who are here legally would be impossible.

How would you like to see it solved?

To go back to this point, I'm not that scared by immigration or that worried by it either. I'm not really sure the current system is that bad, though I wouldn't disagree that maybe the new points based migration system should have been introduced sooner. I think deporting all illegal immigrants would be extremely difficult to implement and very expensive to do and would simply be a waste of tax payers money.

Uh Oh......

BNP leader Nick Griffin could be invited back to make further appearances on Question Time, according to a senior BBC executive.

The BBC's deputy director general Mark Byford said that 'they (the BNP) should be invited' again and that their party political broadcasts will be screened by the BBC at the next election.

Mr Byford said it was justifiable because the BNP was 'not banned from the airwaves'.

He said: 'It's a minority party with a small share, so it's not week-in, week-out or even month-in, month-out, but if they are an elected party that can fight elections and they get that support then the BBC thinks they should be invited.'

Source: Daily Mail

I do actually agree with allowing them to be shown. All other parties have their political broadcasts shown and, after all we are a country that promotes free speech, therefore they should be given a platform regardless of how inane their policies are.

Rejecting all asylum seekers who have passed other countries on the way is another pointless and impractical policy that only serves to pander to those who fail to understand how complex something like that is.

Deporting those non-British people who commit crimes is also an overly simplistic and unworkable solution to a complex problem. It is simply ignoring the more important factors as to why a particular crime is committed in favour of just getting those pesky foreigners on the next boat out of the country.

It's funny how the BNP make it all sound so simple. Possibly why children of bodom and the likes look at the policies and would decide to vote for them. Seriously though I do hope children of bodom is taking the piss.

It is simply ignoring the more important factors as to why a particular crime is committed in favour of just getting those pesky foreigners on the next boat out of the country.

There are occasions when a person commits a crime simply because they are a nasty cunt though.

I'd certainly agree that we have more than our fair share of homegrown nasty cunts, and shouldn't really be looking to recruit any more from anywhere else.

It shouldn't really come to having to put them on a boat in this instance. They should be told to hit the bricks when they try to come here in the first place.

Also, does anyone else know the actual story behind the carry-on of illegal immigrants "losing" their passports, and "forgetting" where they have come from in an attempt to remain in the UK?

Someone please tell me that this isn't actually allowed to happen. I know we see it on television and the like, but i'm sure the shows producers are just making it up for a laugh, right?

Right?

It is simply ignoring the more important factors as to why a particular crime is committed in favour of just getting those pesky foreigners on the next boat out of the country.

There are occasions when a person commits a crime simply because they are a nasty cunt though.

I'd certainly agree that we have more than our fair share of homegrown nasty cunts, and shouldn't really be looking to recruit any more from anywhere else.

It shouldn't really come to having to put them on a boat in this instance. They should be told to hit the bricks when they try to come here in the first place.

Also, does anyone else know the actual story behind the carry-on of illegal immigrants "losing" their passports, and "forgetting" where they have come from in an attempt to remain in the UK?

Someone please tell me that this isn't actually allowed to happen. I know we see it on television and the like, but i'm sure the shows producers are just making it up for a laugh, right?

Right?

No doubt mate, but they generalise to the point of it being obvious that they will just use that as an excuse for mass deportation. There is no denying that the poor immigration system that is easily manipulated coupled with the overly generous welfare system (to those who do not deserve it) are the main reasons why people are becoming massively desensitised to mainstream politics and looking elsewhere. Sadly the closest alternative are the BNP with their grubby hands sticking out waiting for the closest fool to shake it and take in any piece of bullshit they spout to win a cheap vote.

Sadly the closest alternative are the BNP with their grubby hands sticking out waiting for the closest fool to shake it and take in any piece of bullshit they spout to win a cheap vote.

You reckon?

I always thought the closest alternative were UKIP?

Sadly the closest alternative are the BNP with their grubby hands sticking out waiting for the closest fool to shake it and take in any piece of bullshit they spout to win a cheap vote.

You reckon?

I always thought the closest alternative were UKIP?

Seems like the BNP are at least a close second then.